Melatv

Weather

Glad y'all finally got a break com the overly dry spell..... It's been raining here off and on.....as of my last update of 2.54 inches... We now stand at 3.41 inches.... And still the rain keeps coming..... I couldn't imagine if this was ice or snow..... Been there back during the state stopping ice storm back years ago..... 

They said at 2:00am we might be getting into the bad weather , that didn't happen yet and it is about 4:30 am now , it is like the calm before the storm outside right now ,  they said 100% rain all day Wednesday and  it is going to be real bad , with possible winds up to 75 MPH , hope they are wrong 

• Thanks 1

Latest radar, watch, and warning map..... I do believe your right.... i told my little sister I'd be watching this mess....Mao far in Cullman it's been slight wind and rain, even some flooding a few places my total for the last few days is now 5.05 inches, temp is 51 DF thebwindnis all over the place i believe the highest was around 12-15 mph.... Other that not too worried as of right now...... But that's a Purdy good size nado watch area.....no MTEARS alerts ..... ! There not even active. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

They said at 2:00am we might be getting into the bad weather , that didn't happen yet and it is about 4:30 am now , it is like the calm before the storm outside right now ,  they said 100% rain all day Wednesday and  it is going to be real bad , with possible winds up to 75 MPH , hope they are wrong 

Hope those weathermen are wrong most school districts around my area canceled classes today. You right fish the weather is calm here at 7:00 a.m.

• Like 2

We are getting slammed and in a tornado watch  , tornadoes have touched down in multiple spots across the state , there have been a  few fatalities 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

We have been getting hit with about everything this week. Rain, sleet, ice, snow and then repeat with a little thunder and repeat and finally it just settled to snow but the wind came with it (37mph w/ 50mph gusts) and that is suppose to continue into Friday. We needed the moisture though, badly. I'm glad we are out of the tornado season, you guys stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, toodeep said:

We have been getting hit with about everything this week. Rain, sleet, ice, snow and then repeat with a little thunder and repeat and finally it just settled to snow but the wind came with it (37mph w/ 50mph gusts) and that is suppose to continue into Friday. We needed the moisture though, badly. I'm glad we are out of the tornado season, you guys stay safe.

I heard Spearfish got 30" of snow.

All school districts in my area canceled classes for severe weather. Well the severe weather didn't hit less than a inch of rain and no wind. Second time the schools closed here in last 2 months for weather nothing happened. When I was going to school ònly time I remember school closing is when we had freezing rain.

They said on the news Deadwood had 3 foot. The skiers and snowmobiles should be happy out there this weekend 

• Like 2

30+ tornados reported so far across Louisiana  , Mississippi and Alabama  , in Louisiana the towns of  Abita Springs , Montz , Arabi , Norco , Harvey  , Gretna , Algiers , Gretna and Killona all got heavy damage 

Arabi got hit with a tornado a while back and this time this tornado traveled with in a couple of blocks of the same tract 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

30+ tornados reported so far across Louisiana  , Mississippi and Alabama  , in Louisiana the towns of  Abita Springs , Montz , Arabi , Norco , Harvey  , Gretna , Algiers , Gretna and Killona all got heavy damage 

Arabi got hit with a tornado a while back and this time this tornado traveled with in a couple of blocks of the same tract 

Fish, we dodged these tornados I mean nothing happened no severe weather at all none same happened last severe weather outbreak. We might not get so lucky next time. How was the weather at your place?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thoughts and prayers to all those who were / will be affected by those storms..... I think many of us dodged some major damage... These last few storms are very usual for some ares in the United States .... 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, riverc said:

Fish, we dodged these tornados I mean nothing happened no severe weather at all none same happened last severe weather outbreak. We might not get so lucky next time. How was the weather at your place?

It got pretty hairy for us -----  Mandeville ( 8 miles )  and Madisonville ( 20 miles ) was the closest a tornado touched down to us so far , but reports are coming in all morning , had a chunk of tree fall in the yard , but I have not rode the streets yet  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🤯 Praying for you guy's safety!!!!

I'm sorry, but I'll take my snow. At least when it comes I know there's no hidden unknown mixed in with it,20221214_195200.thumb.jpg.55d6b9e616ec07just accumulates and stops, and then you clean up with a shovel/four wheeler.

The sheriff of St Charles Parish was just on TV , he says a unique chunk of their shooting range was found 1.8 miles from the shooting range 

• Sad 1

It is 45 degrees at daylight  , that is 28 degrees colder this morning than yesterday evening at dark , they say we are going to stay cold till Christmas ----- it is like that movie Day After Tomorrow or whatever it was called 

We're in for some cold stuff over Christmas.  Possibility of -25 for several days.🥶

I'm thinking 🤔 I don't like that possibility very much.

29 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

It is 45 degrees at daylight  , that is 28 degrees colder this morning than yesterday evening at dark , they say we are going to stay cold till Christmas ----- it is like that movie Day After Tomorrow or whatever it was called 

Good Deer Hunting weather haven't been since we had the warmup. 

We had fun here last night.  Line hit us about 8:00 PM with heavy rainfall and lightning.   It was fun watching the majority of it hit to the north.  With the S-S/W winds the water height was at high tide levels at 4:00PM even though high tide wasn't until about 1:00 AM this morning.   I woke up at Midnight after the winds came from the N/W and watched the crests of some waves breaking over the deck of the fishing pier.  The pier is normally about 32" above high tide.  The seawall is about 20' north of my camper and normal high tide maybe 12' below me.  I could hear the spray hitting the camper so this morning everything got a good fresh water rinse.  Fun, fun.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Wow! Cold that long down there ?! Now that is strange.... Yaw are usally enjoying nice weather..... While us being further north have sickles hanging..... But yeah it's 20 degrees colder up here now.... But that's not it for us (according to the man) mid twenties soon....and i have never seen the wind blow for 4 or 5 days with an average low of about 3 mph.... But it hit 12 mph just before the sun came up..... And the heavy dew left ? Gone in a very short period ..... And i don't know why....but MTEARS members just did there check in.... This time even hospitals across the state keyed up.... That Hartley ever happens.... ! I was shocked they (MTEARS) didn't go live a few days ago.... So something strange is going on... I just hope it's not them going digital state wide, because it's going to happen....and people like me will need to update with newer equiptment ..... A number of people contact me because i can give out the exact imfo MTEARS does.... But I'm via net, and cell phone.... A few people have boafeng radios.... That i programed for them, those two way chats are very helpful... And now digital ?! WTFF ?! Anyways .... Back to weather.... Yaw be safe out there! 

• Like 1