Melatv

Weather

It's not even that cold here yet (still haven't dug out the heavy coat) but nothing is wanting to start. I'm all digital thermometers and the batteries went on strike.  According to the phone -13 with a -44 feels like. 

I think with the drought the summer (crack everywhere in the ground) underground lines took a beating. I had a water line break because of that. Well, the fiber optic line gave out going to the house because of the cold and it is too cold for them to get it to fuse back together. Kind of sucks to go do something and, oh yea, I dont have internet. Had to dig out the old DVD players to have some noise on the TV. 

White out conditions, can't get anything inside to thaw it out to work on I'm running out of little things to do. I did get some buckboard bacon curing though so that will be a positive in a couple weeks. 

We was suppose to jump to the mid 30s by Xmas but I see they are already dropping that back down.

• Like 1

Supposed to go from 44 to 29 here about 4 o’clock, then down to 4 during the night.

Definitely too cold for me to do anything in my shop. Supposed to warm back up into the 60s by next weekend so shop time will have to wait until then

probably spend the next couple of days with a bottle of scotch and the wife and the TV.  And of course, the little 25 lb  tyrant

• Like 3

Wow , they were not kidding about the quick change ,  at 2:00 it was 62 when I went to the store , actually used the A/C  in the truck as it was kind of stuffy , just now I went outside and could feel the difference , checked the phone and it is 55 and the wind is starting to blow 

What I'm to see tonight.  Screenshot from NOAA and picture of the camper.  I'm the itty bitty one to the right or west of the walkway to the pier.

Screenshot_20221222-160136_Samsung Internet.jpg

20221222_162926.jpg

• Like 1

Is that  low tide ^^^^  @56Sierra

The latest forecast has us  I was just watching , has it is going down to 23 for the low temp this evening and into tomorrow morning and going  to be 12 hours below freezing mark >>>>>  Friday and Saturday it is going to be colder 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Is that  low tide ^^^^  @56Sierra

The latest forecast has us  I was just watching , has it is going down to 23 for the low temp this evening and into tomorrow morning and going  to be 12 hours below freezing mark >>>>>  Friday and Saturday it is going to be colder 

4 hours and 19 minutes from the time of that picture until the 8:48 PM high tide.  Going to be one salty mess come morning. 

• Like 1

Everyone should congratulate Freedom Flyer as they set a new record for cold in his area at this time of year. 45 below zero! 😁

• Haha 3

17 here now.  -2 with the windchill.

Our idiot dog is sitting outside the door.  

The old man spent two days installing a ceramic heater in the double walled, insulated dog house, and I told the dog to go get in his house, which he did.  I walked away, back out he came. He not smart.

Letting him in and putting him in a crate before we go to bed, but he’ll drive us bonkers if we bring him in now.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

ya'll be safe tonight if ya live in the south ?, temps are very low !. shows 9 here in arkansas, low will be 3 !!!. pipes froze at my cabin ( gotta deal with that friday ), sooo..be careful out there ya'll !.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

They keep saying it is coming.  But it ain’t got here yet. 

78996536-14FC-4D83-B011-9A3602064B2B.png

It's coming your way lts 31 feels like 19 here a d the wind is howling. I'm in bed under the blankets can't get to sleep so browsing the internet.

• Like 1

Temps started dropping at 7:30 PM .......in 45 min plummeted from 59 at 73;30  to 25 by 8 PM +-  The wind kicked up to 20 plus mph ....We had already had a tad bit rain, that flash froze within minutes of that change ..... Not enough to ice the trees or roads....the wind now has been from 3-11mph out of the west weather station as of a few minutes ago.... It's changed this much from just after 9 PM going to be hard on people and animals especially those animals ie live stock, cattle that have no shelter other then the hills sides and trees lines..... Y'all be safe out there! 

Oh and the fun part...... The weather transmitter tripod was knocked over ..... I don't know how high the gust was but it had to be 25 plus mph to knock it over....so I've had my taste from that blast,and being .... ocd about things working right.... So....yeah my idiot a-- went out at 10 f no idea what  the chill factor was anchored it back down plus re calibrated it..... That's not 37 f outside it's 3.7 f ground temp 43  windchill -11.9, current change while making this post 3 f outside -10.4 wind @ 8.6 mph. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

Least we won't have to deal with all three s's shake shiver and shovel..... Just shake and shiver ..... Temps now -0.7 f, sustained winchill -12 f , wind speed 4-8 mph sustained,  dew point -6.3 f, relative bar 29.45 inHg 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Just woke up @5:30 and it is 27 and forecasted to keep dropping down to  23 at 9:00am

So far  it dropped 24 degrees in about 5 hours and 41 degrees in about 11 hours , pretty close to their projections , was a mimi day after tomorrow , likely the most dramatic sudden change I ever experienced >>> 

projected high today is 32 and the low tonight is 21 >>>>   

7 hours ago, riverc said:

It's coming your way lts 31 feels like 19 here a d the wind is howling. I'm in bed under the blankets can't get to sleep so browsing the internet.

You are " not " kidding about the wind.  Wind chimes outside have been busy.  About to go check for ice.   
Some of my most memorable fishing trips were the coldest.  Would bet you’ll be able to scoop half frozen , lethargic fish with a scoop net come Saturday or Sunday in the shallows and will be able to catch them stacked up on the bottom of deep holes today. 

Edit : " Not Kidding " 

20 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

You are kidding about the wind.  Wind chimes outside have been busy.  About to go check for ice.   
Some of my most memorable fishing trips were the coldest.  Would bet you’ll be able to scoop half frozen , lethargic fish with a scoop net come Saturday or Sunday in the shallows and will be able to catch them stacked up on the bottom of deep holes today. 

It's 18 now feels like 4....Looks like a high of 30 and low tonight 20 the good thing winds have tamed down some. I'm going deer hunting tomorrow from 9:00 a.m. till 2-3 p.m.

• Like 3

Heat wave today, warming up to 16° above. Going to be T-shirt weather tomorrow high of 30°. Scorcher on Christmas day  of 35°. That's a 75° increase in temperature from lastnight when I ran an errand at 5:20.😁

20221222_172030.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Glad to see most of us screw balls are handling this bitterly cold weather good......... Jeep....what's up with that dog of yours ?

Fish.... Its kind of a strange coincidence you posted this, but here goes.... A few years back.... Donald Marshall of genaral Machine works in columbia tenn (pictures posted here some place) well...... His dog got loose... Now this took place during the summer months.... I was setting up to bbq something (no idea what) and this dog comes running around the house from the east side where the dragon and mountain of fire wood was .... And in his mouth was the faucet anti  freeze cover.... He had taken it off my house and for some odd reason took off with it.... Well someone had told Donald his dog had been seen in vicinity .... Well..... I didn't think much about the cover... A dime a dozen price wise.... Well Donald stopped by (I've known him and his family for years, had alot of machine work done at the shop (gen machine works) looking for his dog ... And i said well yeah he was here... Stole the facet cover.. And left .... Lol!... Well Donald said yeah i don't let him out much because he always brings me things i don't need.... Lol! Then he says ill pay you for the cover... And we laughed.... I said laughing... Naw don't worry about it.... Lol! Then i described what i saw... I said i on the porch getting ready to grill and all the sudden i saw him run right past with the cover in his mouth, by the time i walked around the front he was half way down the drive with a dust trail behind him.... I told Donald apparently he thought you needed more then i did..... Lol!... i said the laughter i got from it was payment enough... Lol! I said If he stayed he might have gotten something tasty off the grill... So i was kind of glad when i saw him go....... Talk about a Crazy freaken dog..... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

-5F here in Western PA  now and windy.  Wind chill -30F 🥶 Lots of power outages due to the wind and ice.  I'm good as long as the power stays on.  Just filled up a couple of gas cans for the generator just in case.

• Like 1