Melatv

Weather

14 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

It actually got colder after daylight.  It is 8:00 now and dropped down from 41 to 34. Ice on my truck windows.  

Ive been noticing that same thing here..... A couple of degrees drop just before the sun rise.. Sometimes it happens even after the sun is up.... 36.6 here low wind pressure climbing ... And looks to be a system (large watch area) moving in from the north north west

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

It actually got colder after daylight.  It is 8:00 now and dropped down from 41 to 34. Ice on my truck windows.  

It's 9:20 a.m. at my place and it's 44.

All day they been saying " the sky is going to fall " , 50 mph winds and flooding rain , we have not seen any yet

11 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

All day they been saying " the sky is going to fall " , 50 mph winds and flooding rain , we have not seen any yet

Wind is picking up here we had some rain around 9 this morning. It quit for a while on our way back from New Roads it started raining we now home it's 3:30 p.m. it's probably headed your way. Looks like your area is going to get the worst of it but you know how that goes the weatherman are not always right.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, riverc said:

It quit for a while on our way back from New Roads it started raining we now home it's 3:30 p.m. 

What were you doing around New Roads ?

Been thru New Roads many of times ----   I use to hunt out of  Simmesport back in the 70s , had a friends who ran the gauger  boat for the Corps on the diversion  and would tell  us which islands the deer were on ------   had an aunt lived in Marksville ------  have friends who are stilling living in Simmesport 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

What were you doing around New Roads ?

Been thru New Roads many of times ----   I use to hunt out of  Simmesport back in the 70s , had a friends who ran the gauger  boat for the Corps on the diversion  and would tell  us which islands the deer were on ------   had an aunt lived in Marksville ------  have friends who are stilling living in Simmesport 

Had lunch at El Patio Mexican grill then went to Walmart. The wind is howling and the rain is coming down did it make it to your area yet?

Not yet.  Well I am not sure.  As of 20 minutes ago it was not.  I am laid back in the hot tub cranked to 105F listen to Micheal Berry. You ever hear  him ? He is on 99.5 WRNO.  Good chance the electric will go out here.  Every time the wind is 50+ we get hit.  

• Like 2

That weather came thru hard last night.  Woke me up around 11:00. The wife and the dog was freaking out.  Seen a big limb fell off the oak tree in the back yard. that died with the Q-beam. See a couple of wind chimes on the ground.  Waiting on day light for a evaluation 

Another swing and a miss for the peninsula.  The NOAA alarm woke me up at 1:30 and a few minutes later some rains hit.  A Tstorm capable of producing a twister was over the bay just north about 5 miles  headed N-N/E but I never saw any lighting from it.  It continued on the same path as they all do headed toward Loxley and Roberstdale.  By 2:30  it was all over.  I did get a free camper and truck wash.

20230125_014602.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

That weather came thru hard last night.  Woke me up around 11:00. The wife and the dog was freaking out.  Seen a big limb fell off the oak tree in the back yard. that died with the Q-beam. See a couple of wind chimes on the ground.  Waiting on day light for a evaluation 

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I hear ya, it got a little rough here too lost electric around 7:30 p.m. didn't come back on till after 6:00 a.m. Checked the rain gauge right at 3 inches. A tornado touched down in Ventress close to New Roads sounds like a few mobile homes were hit and people were hurt good no one was killed.

Edited by riverc

we've been getting the rain all day...we went from a 2 year severe drought (pond was off bank over 8 ft)  to flooding rains today that have the woods underwater, the front and side yards looked like a creek themselves and the pond is breaching on the far back...can't get out the outflow fast enough.

I'm grateful for the restoration to our water table...will be important come spring planting. 

but man are we soggy now.

• Like 2

We got another gully washer here last night, but when I went out to look at the duck hole last weekend I still had very little water in there, so either the beavers gave up and moved, or it takes a LOT more water than I thought it did to fill that place up.

• Like 2

I believe i had posted back p in  this t bread  the lightening tracker site was down.... Well..... It's back up and running this is a live active map... With  several tools..... That being said not hing much here like  you fellas had in bad weather... Hope y o all are doing good despite another  rare storm system.... Been a really odd couple years... Still have not seen as much of the freezing precipitation .... As usual, but no complaints sept drivers need to be subjected to some (small amount of slick stuff) just  to  remind them it could  happen anytime  and be prepared! Live active lightening tracker  map jeep glad to hear the pond is still empty... Hopefully y ou can get control over those pesky plants....... Cutting this short... This is a pic as of a few ago. 

image.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/25/2023 at 5:55 AM, Fishfiles said:

@Misterclean I know you are over by Houston , how did you make out ? 

Fish, my shop is in Old Town Spring.......we had flooding and gusty winds but that's all. I live in Willis which is about 24 miles north and it was the same with much less rain. We probably got six inches here in Spring if I had to guess.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 5:36 PM, Fishfiles said:

Not yet.  Well I am not sure.  As of 20 minutes ago it was not.  I am laid back in the hot tub cranked to 105F listen to Micheal Berry. You ever hear  him ? He is on 99.5 WRNO.  Good chance the electric will go out here.  Every time the wind is 50+ we get hit.  

Michael Berry is my favorite talk show host.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Misterclean said:

Michael Berry is my favorite talk show host.

Glad to hear you are OK from that storm  >>>>  Michael Berry has a very interesting show   ------  I use to listen to John Osterlind alot  , ever listen to him  , he left the New Orleans radio a few years back and I heard he was up north in La. , then I read he passed away just recently 

• Like 1

We're supposed to get 10"-12" of snow starting tonight through tomorrow. Then turn sub zero over the next 3 or 4 days. We'll see, never believe those liars,  believe it when I see it.

• Like 3

A couple inches of snow tonight then supposed to be -20 degrees.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PROV said:

A couple inches of snow tonight then supposed to be -20 degrees.

Yeah we're supposed to get sub zero as well.

We going to be sub-tropical (  sub-70s ) this weekend ,  only suppose to  get up to 64 F for a high < I hate winter 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On January 27, 2023 at 12:51 AM, Fishfiles said:

We going to be sub-tropical (  sub-70s ) this weekend ,  only suppose to  get up to 64 F for a high < I hate winter 

Cant help myself... hey Ff do i recall you saying something about inviting fish and shade up ? ^^^^^ lol! "Popcorn time" 

and on a side note noting unusual about the weather here, I'm finally back driving again.... Foot pain which is now (im happy say) gone completelyThis means two things.... There's no telling where I'll be at any given time..... And the weather will turn into a raging winter finish ........

We got that dessert weather syndrome going on  right now  , @ 2:30 it is 36 degrees , going to 67 today for a high , 70s and rain tomorrow  

• Like 2