Melatv

Weather

On 1/27/2023 at 12:51 AM, Fishfiles said:

We going to be sub-tropical (  sub-70s ) this weekend ,  only suppose to  get up to 64 F for a high < I hate winter 

I was gonna say something similar ha ha. something like "long sleeves" etc.......

• Haha 2

T his is not really weather related but maybe it is.... I don't know.... All i know is this is 1st ever... We still have lady bugs and every so often a skeeter... Plus those stink bugs.... Ff .... A colder climate isn't looking so back when you have to deal with. those suckers year round.... Sigh.... Lol! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Freedomflyer said:

Little cool today don't think I'll  work outside for an hour or so, let it warm up an hour or so.

Screenshot_20230130_065036_Google.jpg

You post gives me the chills.  Ever see a human hibernate?  Drag me into that weather and your going to see it.

• Haha 3

Keep working on me...... I saw three more lady bugs last night and i think another bit me.....and those things don't smell good ether, not as bad as stink bugs but bad enough.... But this here is whats coming for us now (PIC) n,  Currently 51.2°f, 93% humidity, wind direction 306° out of the north north west @  2-4 mph, absolute pressure 29.43 inHg n holding, dew point 49.3°f n holding, sun 4.25 Klux. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

Oh yeah....... But I'm warped.... Always been crazy about severe weather seance being struck by lightening  a couple times... I BELIEVE  !?!? Thats issue...but HEY! Least im not coo coo for coco puffs....YET.....

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Oh yeah....... But I'm warped.... Always been crazy about severe weather seance being struck by lightening  a couple times... I BELIEVE  !?!? Thats issue...but HEY! Least im not coo coo for coco puffs....YET.....

Being coo coo has its ups and downs !!!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs reminds me of the first time I got stitches

• Like 2

Heading home, -8, is only supposed to get to 12 below tonight. Can crack the bedroom window open another 2". Beautiful View from the job site.

20230130_165743.jpg

• Like 4

On 1/28/2023 at 7:56 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

T his is not really weather related but maybe it is.... I don't know.... All i know is this is 1st ever... We still have lady bugs and every so often a skeeter... Plus those stink bugs.... Ff .... A colder climate isn't looking so back when you have to deal with. those suckers year round.... Sigh.... Lol! 

Those may not be Lady Bugs. We have Japanese Beetles that were just introduced to my part of Texas a few years ago. They gather in large pods in my barn. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Misterclean said:

Those may not be Lady Bugs. We have Japanese Beetles that were just introduced to my part of Texas a few years ago. They gather in large pods in my barn. 

yep. They were released as ladybugs are considered a beneficial insect. We have them all over our house and my parents house during the winter. They can get through the tiniest of gaps and try to nest/hole up for the winter

We have a pretty good bit of ice on the trees here from last night.

supposed to get quite a bit more starting about 3 o’clock this afternoon. Up to a half inch of ice.

The old man still hasn’t installed the 30 KW standby generator they bought in 2012. It’s sitting in the garage. If we lose power mom is going to be hopping mad at him lol

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Misterclean said:

Oh lady bugs are a big help here..... They consume aphids..... And those damage mater plants tobacco plants among other species of plants .... The Japanese beetle i think was also released here, but i don't what they help keep in check... But they also do damage to certain  species of plants (Leaf eaters) actually each one of those insects are to a point but. Aphids .... Once were a massive problem .... You've seen a June bug ? (Not a July fly AKA cicada ) they and the Japanese beetle look semilar .... Kinda a rainbow green matalic sheen... They might be related ... I couldn't say. But here's a lady bug (red) there is a green colored type looks very close to a red ladybug... I can't say if there the same but just one green and one red... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

yep. They were released as ladybugs are considered a beneficial insect. We have them all over our house and my parents house during the winter. They can get through the tiniest of gaps and try to nest/hole up for the winter

We have a pretty good bit of ice on the trees here from last night.

supposed to get quite a bit more starting about 3 o’clock this afternoon. Up to a half inch of ice.

The old man still hasn’t installed the 30 KW standby generator they bought in 2012. It’s sitting in the garage. If we lose power mom is going to be hopping mad at him lol

Yeah have to think like him.... If it doesn't get used it will never ware out.... ,lol! If he uses it and it breaks. Well. There You go... Another repaire job for you. 

As for weather...here not much of anything yet.. Just 36°f not a sign of freezing mess... But like y'all they have extended the forecast to be basically the same as the last 12-24 hours (predicted ice storm)... I'm like FreedomFlyer ....  They lied again or completely missed hitting that knuckle ball Mother Nature threw. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Misterclean said:

We are having a problem with them also.

• Like 2

I did some research ..... Come to find out (whether true or not) those japaneise beetles have been in the United States seance 1916,mand were not introduced to tenn.... They migrated here... They are now trying to prevent the spread of them.... So i was wrong.. Plz pardon the mistake i made... Which brings me to another thought ... One you is bond to know, and can provide an answer... Is the jap beetle the same as a June bug ? They look very very closely related... But the June bug we have here is almost twice the size if not three times... Seance I'm sure to pull an over nighter because of this weather ... I figured why not look up some off the wall facts.. Before the storms play havoc with us and others... 

Weather update... Temp is now 32°f wind 1.7 mph out of the north north east.. That's what has this stalled out for now... Dew point 30.9°f, absolute pressure 29.45 inHg .precipitation (rain / snow) .12 in/h outside humidity 94%. Soil temp 44.7 °f soil humidity 47% 

5 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I did some research ..... Come to find out (whether true or not) those japaneise beetles have been in the United States seance 1916,mand were not introduced to tenn.... They migrated here... They are now trying to prevent the spread of them.... So i was wrong.. Plz pardon the mistake i made... Which brings me to another thought ... One you is bond to know, and can provide an answer... Is the jap beetle the same as a June bug ? They look very very closely related... But the June bug we have here is almost twice the size if not three times... Seance I'm sure to pull an over nighter because of this weather ... I figured why not look up some off the wall facts.. Before the storms play havoc with us and others... 

Weather update... Temp is now 32°f wind 1.7 mph out of the north north east.. That's what has this stalled out for now... Dew point 30.9°f, absolute pressure 29.45 inHg .precipitation (rain / snow) .12 in/h outside humidity 94%. Soil temp 44.7 °f soil humidity 47% 

Native ladybugs are smaller and red with black spots. These Asian ladybugs are orange with black spots and stink, and are just a little bigger than native ladybugs.

June Bugs are about 5x+ bigger than either of the ladybugs and are green.  

• Thanks 1

I've not. Seen too many of the orange lady bugs.. And the green lady bugs are almost as rare...now when i raised bucket termater plants i gathered as many of those red lady bugs as i could stand....lol! And transplanted them onto the plants... And they did away with the small aphid problem that started happening... I still don't like. Them...Even tho they are good .... It's that smell... And. The itching bite they break out every once in a while... Lol... And yep they gang up in corners.... A few years back the population exploded.... I couldn't t even walk out the back door without being attacked.... Millions of. Them... So many they were in everything! Car, jeep, both honda air filter housings .... Etc etc etc... Even my charcoal grill... Lol!.... I had to check anything i had planned on eating or drinking ... I didnt dare leave a ice cold cup of sweet tea or anything food stuff un covered.. Slept with the blankets over my head etc... It's was all out war with them critters... Especially after my sister had one get in her mouth while sleeping.. I never laughed so much as she described in detail... What it was like to awaken with THAT taste.... Haha! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I've not. Seen too many of the orange lady bugs.. And the green lady bugs are almost as rare...now when i raised bucket termater plants i gathered as many of those red lady bugs as i could stand....lol! And transplanted them onto the plants... And they did away with the small aphid problem that started happening... I still don't like. Them...Even tho they are good .... It's that smell... And. The itching bite they break out every once in a while... Lol... And yep they gang up in corners.... A few years back the population exploded.... I couldn't t even walk out the back door without being attacked.... Millions of. Them... So many they were in everything! Car, jeep, both honda air filter housings .... Etc etc etc... Even my charcoal grill... Lol!.... I had to check anything i had planned on eating or drinking ... I didnt dare leave a ice cold cup of sweet tea or anything food stuff un covered.. Slept with the blankets over my head etc... It's was all out war with them critters... Especially after my sister had one get in her mouth while sleeping.. I never laughed so much as she described in detail... What it was like to awaken with THAT taste.... Haha! 

i got one in my coffee the other morning.  Must have flown in there while it was sitting on the counter before I left for work.  🤢

• Haha 3

Lucked out so far... When it comes to the freezing rain coverage ... Yet some places not that far away have not had it so lucky... 5 trees down on road ways... Two power poles one caused a small house fire, semi truck crash on  I-24 ... Just a jack knife, but did shut the  I-road down another few wrecks.. Nothing serious... No reports of major  power outages... And un related.... a semi loaded with tires.. Caught fire (still going strong) because the trailer left side rear tandem brakes caught fire then the drum froze... And some how that duel set came off the trailer and crossed the interstate into on coming traffic ..you just can't make this stuff up.... .. And, Like the ice wasn't bad enough... I really feel for those guys out in this mess... 

• Like 1

Oh , we having a cold spell , was beautiful at 75 yesterday , 55 right now before daylight and only 60 for a high today , brrrrrr !!! 

The poor trees are so messed up , everything was covered in spring pollen this weekend past , think they call that Indian Summer 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Oh , we having a cold spell , was beautiful at 75 yesterday , 55 right now before daylight and only 60 for a high today , brrrrrr !!! 

The poor trees are so messed up , everything was covered in spring pollen this weekend past , think they call that Indian Summer 

We only got to low 50's yesterday,it's 41 now and be lucky to get 50 for the high today. We just over 100 miles from you this weather system must be stalled