Melatv

Weather

I got you some ,Sympathy for the Devil by the Rolling Stones over in the music thread.  We got 34 here this A.M. going up to 60 for a high today.  We boiling some shrimp that is coming from over your way from Bayou LaBatture.  They are usually excellent.  They freeze them in water.  No IQF b.s. 

• Like 1

Seen in the news that Mount Washington set a record for wind chill yesterday at  ( minus ) -104F , they are projected to shatter that record  today with a -110 wind chill ---- space suit weather right  there ---- thank goodness we are in " Global ' laztion " Warming , could not imagine how cold it would be if not 

I can relate. When I was working out it North Dakota  we had a stretch of cold, -64 abient temperature, with wind,  -103, not an experience I'd like to have any time soon. 

We are currently 36 high of 43 today, time for lawn chairs and lemonade.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Freedomflyer said:

We just gotta figure out what planet you originally called home.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It made it to 62F yesterday evening around 3 o’clock.  Was pleasant after the cold start yesterday morning with ice on everything. The pollen here is insane.  Indian Summer 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

It made it to 62F yesterday evening around 3 o’clock.  Was pleasant after the cold start yesterday morning with ice on everything. The pollen here is insane.  Indian Summer 

We made the 60's yesterday. It's 41 now looking like 67 today my kinda weather.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, riverc said:

We made the 60's yesterday. It's 41 now looking like 67 today my kinda weather.

We are  at 51 this morning , 66 is the forecasted high this evening after 12 noon , all sun shine , should be a nice day 

• Like 3

56....... Here slight wind ...averaging 12 mph . Just beautiful outside... Even the buttercups are up.....and, not a single blip on the radar for 150 plus miles any direction...going to be open windows, music playing n grilling time soon! 

• Like 1

It made it up to 68F  this evening , still a bit chilly start  for me , but a  beautiful sunny day , crocks  and short pants weather this evening 

• Like 2

Weather was really nice yesterday on Super Bowl Sunday ------  we had a party  watching the SuperBowl , we lasted till the halftime show ,  which was terrible , I changed the channel   and never went back , I really had it with the nfl , I think it is fixed with sports betting and corrupted with woke  politics 

>>>>  we had quite a few people over yesterday , it was noisey , there were even  some guest dogs over , one Catahoula named Remy , who is a very smart hunter , was obsessed with the woods soon as Moe left her out the truck , she comes over almost every weekend , she never acted just  like  this before , right about 4:00 with loud music going , people talking , dogs running around , etc , about 60 foot off our patio , 100 ft from the tree line , a large coyote walked by and stopped to look us over ,my wife was the first to see it and was screaming , look at the coyote ,  if I would have had my gun on my side I would have gotten a shot , cause he stood there frozen for 5 seconds or more  , by the time I ran in and back out with the gun , it moved off into the woods , then about 3 minutes later , one of my neighbors let off two shots , I need to go down there and talk with them  later on today and see what they shot at , something  was strange about this coyote  , as they don't usually show up in the daytime  and be so unafraid , then after dark , the coyote gang was going crazy howling ---  

which brings me to the first part of this story , which might be related or not >>> Friday evening the wife and I were drinking on the patio , grilling and jamming to some music , my closest neighbor just got a new older dog and it is a barker and it sounds like a coyote howling , so I put on a you-tube complement of coyote and wolf cries , was playing it loud on the sound system on the porch , I was playing it for about 10 seconds then hitting mute , this dog was intimidated and would shut up , when I hit mute , the dog  would start off with a woof real low tune and work himself back up --- I might have called that gang of coyotes in the evening before 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

>>>>  we had quite a few people over yesterday , it was noisey , there were even  some guest dogs over , one Catahoula named Remy , who is a very smart hunter , was obsessed with the woods soon as Moe left her out the truck , she comes over almost every weekend , she never acted just  like  this before , right about 4:00 with loud music going , people talking , dogs running around , etc , about 60 foot off our patio , 100 ft from the tree line , a large coyote walked by and stopped to look us over ,my wife was the first to see it and was screaming , look at the coyote ,  if I would have had my gun on my side I would have gotten a shot , cause he stood there frozen for 5 seconds or more  , by the time I ran in and back out with the gun , it moved off into the woods , then about 3 minutes later , one of my neighbors let off two shots , I need to go down there and talk with them  later on today and see what they shot at , something  was strange about this coyote  , as they don't usually show up in the daytime  and be so unafraid , then after dark , the coyote gang was going crazy howling ---  

which brings me to the first part of this story , which might be related or not >>> Friday evening the wife and I were drinking on the patio , grilling and jamming to some music , my closest neighbor just got a new older dog and it is a barker and it sounds like a coyote howling , so I put on a you-tube complement of coyote and wolf cries , was playing it loud on the sound system on the porch , I was playing it for about 10 seconds then hitting mute , this dog was intimidated and would shut up , when I hit mute , the dog  would start off with a woof real low tune and work himself back up --- I might have called that gang of coyotes in the evening before 

What I find as hilarious as I do ironic is the same bleeding heart liberals that made hunting and trapping questionable in the public opinion are the same ones that are loosing their precious little handbag dogs and expensive kittys to the Coyotes that were kept under control prior to them sticking their upturned noses into other's business. 

I love telling these animal rights goofballs how many Coons have taken dirt naps because the extreme population of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Weather was really nice yesterday on Super Bowl Sunday ------  we had a party  watching the SuperBowl , we lasted till the halftime show ,  which was terrible , I changed the channel   and never went back , I really had it with the nfl , I think it is fixed with sports betting and corrupted with woke  politics 

I gave up on sports a few years ago and also TV been almost a year since I turned it on and honestly don't miss it.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Your wife would freek out if she heard what i hear every so often.... I got. Your email...next time i hear them yotes over the outside microphone system...I'll make a recording... Hopefully with my updated led flame thrower... I might be able to get a live night time image  / video... last time i heard them was last week, but it's usally a night time occurrence .....(almost every single night,) and it had to be about 15-20 head!

you might be thinking of that spring fed cave.... But when i went spelunking ..... Not a sign of tracks... Least nothing close to resembling the  tracks of a dog or any other mammal sharing alike similarities, .if i could I'd post them here, but i don't know (never looked into) very much about a u-tube account / channel..... 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, riverc said:

I gave up on sports a few years ago and also TV been almost a year since I turned it on and honestly don't miss it.

image.png

• Like 2

On 2/14/2023 at 2:57 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

Your wife would freek out if she heard what i hear every so often.... I got. Your email...next time i hear them yotes over the outside microphone system...I'll make a recording... Hopefully with my updated led flame thrower... I might be able to get a live night time image  / video... last time i heard them was last week, but it's usally a night time occurrence .....(almost every single night,) and it had to be about 15-20 head!

you might be thinking of that spring fed cave.... But when i went spelunking ..... Not a sign of tracks... Least nothing close to resembling the  tracks of a dog or any other mammal sharing alike similarities, .if i could I'd post them here, but i don't know (never looked into) very much about a u-tube account / channel..... 

small herd, politicians take over, yotes are everywhere. finally it made up to near 70's, nice day. least for me...

Edited by LedFTed

Not sure about this string of very odd weather for this time of the season..... I don't know yet whats going to happen after this system moves out.... But in the current  time... The bar has dropped from 2924 to 2911.... Not that alarming being the pressure drop took a while. (3-5 hours) rain total for today .12 in, absolute bar 29.11 steady, wind out of the SSE @ 5-15 mph gusting to 20, 65.1°f steady, 88% humidity, dew point, 61.1°f 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

The tail end of that front is suppose to move thru our area after 10am  this morning , some rain and a change of temp , Friday night 40 degrees for the Mardi Gras parade in Slidell , then it is going to be in the 70s and no rain for the weekend ------ 

One of my number one riding buddy's is leaving today with 12 others , they are going for 5 days to Royal  Blue  , I could have gone with them , but they all ride Can-Am UTVs and ATVs , out of my league , LOL 

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/tennessee/ride-royal-blue-ohv-trail

• Like 1

Oh come on man..... A canned ham against a honda ?! Especially ones like you mod ..... Now i know your joking around... Lol! FreedomFlyer ......you seeing this ? ^^^^ now you've got to get fish and shade out there where the weather is SO VERY NICE this time of the season.... Lol! .... If you back down now... I won't know what to think... 

27 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Oh come on man..... A canned ham against a honda ?! Especially ones like you mod ..... Now i know your joking around... Lol! FreedomFlyer ......you seeing this ? ^^^^ now you've got to get fish and shade out there where the weather is SO VERY NICE this time of the season.... Lol! .... If you back down now... I won't know what to think... 

I am going to admit.   After seeing their  videos from last year. It is not for my gear reducted  snorkeled 300s and 450s. They ride 35 mph and lots of hills. Moe said the forecast was 50s in the day.  Dude that is still attic winter in my book 

• Like 1

Learned today that when you look at the moon , you are not seeing the moon right now , your seeing what the moon looked like one second ago ---- when you look at  the Pleiades constellation , you are seeing it how it looked  400 years ago  ----  even looking at yourself in the mirror , it is you but I billionth of a second ago 

Some of the stars you see , can be  thousands or even millions  of years ago  , or even  don't exist anymore , it takes the light that long to get here --- mind boggling 

• Like 3

Yeah .. Light travels around 186.000 mph ..... I'm amaised! Ever noticed in certain circumstance .... You can strike metal with a hammer, and at times you hear the strike echo back ? Around 800 mph is how fast sounds travils...... Grandfather was a physics teacher.... Lol! N like to educate whether we like or not..... 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 2

On 2/4/2023 at 10:51 AM, Freedomflyer said:

I can relate. When I was working out it North Dakota  we had a stretch of cold, -64 abient temperature, with wind,  -103, not an experience I'd like to have any time soon. 

was at [great lakes navy training center] -75 wind chill, shipped to treasure island californium, 75 above, temps.. sounds like a major shift in temperature change, it wasnt that much. though i seen a guys earlobes turn white, after being out in the cold, for two minutes. temperature, is relative. 1 degree can make the difference in being in being cold, to a person. no wind, my dads cousin was  in alaska, -50, no wind, sunny day, and had a tee shirt on, no jacket or coat.

Edited by LedFTed