Melatv

Weather

Been digging around in the N.O.A.A.  site and noticed some mayjor updates.... I contacted my friends at Ialert.com.... And inquired as to why noaa is making the site more usable for older OS like mine.... I was told they were seeking an answer as well.... Mean time, noaa. Has made some changes i find very helpfull.... Especially the Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite page..... So figured I'd toss this link up, this is the main noaa, GOES page. G.O.E.S.

• Like 2

Yesterday was a beautiful day down here  , short sleeves , short pants , flip flops and sunscreen in the afternoon -----   it is 55 this morning at 5:00am with 73 forecasted as the high today 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Yesterday was a beautiful day down here  , short sleeves , short pants , flip flops and sunscreen in the afternoon -----   it is 55 this morning at 5:00am with 73 forecasted as the high today 

57 here this morning 70's high today and looks like it will stay mostly dry this week. Hope it does garden needs to dry so I can till wanting to plant turnip, carrot & radish.

• Like 2

Weather has been  fantastic here >>> yesterday evening the wife and I were in the yard , no bugs, no wind , lots of blue sky >>>>>   just went outside at 4:00 am to put some wood on the fire ,  short pants , tee shirt and flip flops , it's 67F , projected high 76 today 

• Like 2

Watching the local weather right now , we got 80-85  degrees forecast high for the next 7  days in a row and no rain in February --- sweet !!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Watching the local weather right now , we got 80-85  degrees forecast high for the next 7  days in a row and no rain in February --- sweet !!  

Us too here in SE Texas. Going to be a record hot month if true.

• Like 2

7th

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Good can finally work the garden.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Bite Me!!!!😁

Not here man, 2° 30mph winds supposed be -19° tonight with same winds. Blowing and drifting snow, will probably have to call the home owner of the project we're working on and have him come with the tractor and plow the road so we can get out of here tonight. 😵💫 we'll see at the end of the day.

• Like 5

Good day to be on the lake here breezy 74° lol. I bet that won't last too long. I scalped the front yard a couple days back. Lots of green grass sprouting up.

• Like 4

We came home Monday from fishing in Canada and ran into 8" of snow. After that it's been really nice here. Around 0 degrees, little to no wind and mostly sunny. Pretty good snowstorm and wind south of us but we are supposed to escape it this time. I keep the riding mower at the ready but don't really think I'll need it for at least another 2 1/2 months. 😁 

• Haha 3

On 2/22/2023 at 2:01 PM, Freedomflyer said:

Bite Me!!!!😁

Not here man, 2° 30mph winds supposed be -19° tonight with same winds. Blowing and drifting snow, will probably have to call the home owner of the project we're working on and have him come with the tractor and plow the road so we can get out of here tonight. 😵💫 we'll see at the end of the day.

Guess that would be he!! frozen over , LOL 

image.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

almost got to 70 today, still comfortable. rain is back, nothing new, weather patterns changed bought 10 years or so ago. give or take..

Listening to the weather.   Yesterday high and low temperatures across the country.  High was 105F. Lowest temp was -12F in Wyoming.  Ice age and global warming all in one.  Ironic this hot tub is set for 105F.  Loving it.  

We have confirmed nadoe touch down.....MTEARS.... Has a spotter chasing.... With live reports trees down tornadoe sirens going off... More to come.  

• Like 1

Hit 40 here today. Sunny and beautiful out.

• Like 2

N just like that it's over with moving on dodged the bullet yet again..... Trees down all over the place..... One roof blown off a vacant house.... Ended up on power lines, n  somewhere close to 20.000 without power state wide highest wind gust 79 mph in Clarksville...... Hm..... March might live up time it's name in like lamb out like a lion.... If that's the case it's going to be one very interesting unstable mounth..... Prov..... I'd have changed places with ya today... Not becuae i didn't want to be here, but just so you could see what fun it is to live.... Here wandering in you need to kiss your white ! goodbye at any given moment... lol! I know there's. free invite for you and ff ..... Lol!..... I had. To do it This because I'm tired of waiting for ff to openly invite  shade n fish out there to freeze... Lol!.... I was so looking forward to there comments ... Even have the popcorn at the ready.... 

• Like 2

I'd say we got some 50 mph wind in Lacombe , seen Shreveport got hit with tornados , I did not watch a lot of news today 

70mph winds yesterday evening. It was raining sideways. Was a good watch on the porch. We like to watch storms lol.  

• Like 3

One of the perks of living here is very few tornadoes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PROV said:

One of the perks of living here is very few tornadoes.

You’ll got Sno’nados 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You ain't kidding..... I've seen those small what some call dust devils ..... Seen some really beautiful ones specially when they snatch up hay windrows.... Like this one..... I used to play in those as a boy.... It's got to be really dry and extremely low humidty .... It's when. They grow up... That i don't care for... Well... I'm curious about nature... But then again i don't wish for any harm or people hurt .... But.... That said .... One has to deal with what there hat hanging area has in store .... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I'd say we got some 50 mph wind in Lacombe , seen Shreveport got hit with tornados , I did not watch a lot of news today 

We didn't get much a few wind gust and no measurable rain.

• Like 1