Melatv

Weather

Told fish i was headed to town this am n I'd snag some pics... Well...... DIDNT exactly go as planned.... Some how the button on the pad got switched after the 1st pic.... But.... This was actually the worst one i saw... There trees split right down the middle... Didnt see one single power pole leaning ... Not much damage at all .... Shockingly so.....that's just fine with me... Means less of a chance anyone was hurt.... Kinda feel like. I'm waisting a post but here goes... I can say this, if was able ... I'd be in termite mode today..... Sigh.... All those trees (wherever they are ?) going to waist.... Not good! 

This one layed cross 31 south.... I had looked at that tree before... It was a matter of time.... It hasn't looked healthy in years. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

no tornadoes, plenty of high winds60-70, and all kinds of electric out, not just here, its across the whole state.. glad i got that westinghouse generator. running it on gas now..

with that adapter, got 5 places to hook up 115v cords. running watts 3,600.. only thing plugged in though is 2 freezers, 1 refrigerator, and my computer system.

On 3/5/2023 at 4:52 PM, LedFTed said:

no tornadoes, plenty of high winds60-70, and all kinds of electric out, not just here, its across the whole state.. glad i got that westinghouse generator. running it on gas now..

with that adapter, got 5 places to hook up 115v cords. running watts 3,600.. only thing plugged in though is 2 freezers, 1 refrigerator, and my computer system.

still no lectric,, sigh!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Freedomflyer said:

Screenshot_20230309_063858_Messages.jpg

I take it you didn't get the meme I posted above ^^^^ ,   it was about the weather ( thread )  , the Aztecs  were looking for the cold and snow to go away , so they sacrificed someone to appease the weather gods , LOL 

Nice weekend for a parade ----  this parade  till lasy year threw cabbages , potatoes , fruits , foods , etc , this year they are making them cut back on throwing , some people got hurt 

logoHeader.png

Slidell St. Patrick’s Day Parade
MARCH 12, 2023
Time: 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Price: Free
Olde Towne Slidell, Louisiana
Starts and ends at Slidell City Hall , Slidell, LA 70458
(985) 641-1105
Float-at-St.-Paddys-Day-in-Slidell0_dd50

Smiling-lady-float0_dd507e1e-5056-b365-a
Horseback-Riders-in-Slidell-Parade0_dd50
Festive-float0_dd503362-5056-b365-ab512f
PREVIOUS
NEXT
  • Olde Towne Slidell Merchants Association invites you to join in the fun of its wildly popular St. Patrick's Day parade on Sunday, March 12, 2023. The 49th annual parade rolls at 1:00 p.m.

The parade, which has been rolling nearly every year since 1974 on the second Sunday in March, features 50+ floats, walking groups, bikes, horses, cars, trucks, dance groups and school bands, and anything else one can push, pull or drag, with throws to include beads and stuffed animals, as well as everything to make a traditional Irish stew. They’ll have thousands of heads of cabbage, thousands of onions, potatoes, celery and carrots, so bring your shopping bags!

PARADE ROUTE:
The group departs City Hall, traveling to Fremaux Avenue where it will turn left, and then left again on Front Street, veering onto Carey Street. The parade then turns right at the intersection of Carey and Pontchartrain, then right again on Front and Robert Streets, crossing Carey before taking its final left, onto First Street and back to City Hall.

Tomorrow ( Friday ) evening afternoon we going to get some severe weather move thru , 1-3 inches of 100% rain , temperature drop overnight , Saturday only 56 for a high --- bad weather for the St Patty's Day weekend 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Tomorrow ( Friday ) evening afternoon we going to get some severe weather move thru , 1-3 inches of 100% rain , temperature drop overnight , Saturday only 56 for a high --- bad weather for the St Patty's Day weekend 

We could use some rain but not that much and sure don't need no severe weather. Sure, glad I'm holding off till April to transplant what I have in the greenhouse, see people already planting warm weather plants now it's still a little early for some of those kinds of plants.

It's 38 here right now they say we could go down to 29 tomorrow morning. Might have to put the long johns on lol.  

It is 30 degrees this morning here in Lacombe , WOW , that snuck in on me 

null

Have a Happy Spring Equinox 2023
Monday, March 20

Spring 2023 technically starts at 5:24 p.m. Eastern time Monday, when the sun will be moving directly over the Earth’s equator — the central line between the North Pole and the South Pole — bringing almost equal minutes of daylight and darkness all around the globe.

That moment is widely known as the spring equinox, but some people call it the March equinox or the vernal equinox.

Here are some other interesting facts about the first day of spring.

image.jpeg

You'll Great Northerners  talk about hurricanes , snakes and mosquitos being bad down here in the Dirty Deep South <<<<  I seen in the news this morning , what about avalanches  , WOW < God Bless and RIP the souls lost in that one in Colorado recently  

28 here this morning looks like mid 50's for the high today. I hear mid 70's tomorrow and 80's by mid-week, Will have the AC on again.

• Like 1

15 here this am at about 3-4 am...we missed setting a new record low for this season....by just a couple degrees... But! There projecting (hold on to your bloomers) mid 80's for parts of the southeast day after tomorrow.... Then a good chance for severe weather, n possibly another cold snap... Afterwards..