Melatv

Weather

17 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

It is 30 degrees this morning here in Lacombe , WOW , that snuck in on me 

null

Have a Happy Spring Equinox 2023
Monday, March 20

Spring 2023 technically starts at 5:24 p.m. Eastern time Monday, when the sun will be moving directly over the Earth’s equator — the central line between the North Pole and the South Pole — bringing almost equal minutes of daylight and darkness all around the globe.

That moment is widely known as the spring equinox, but some people call it the March equinox or the vernal equinox.

Here are some other interesting facts about the first day of spring.

image.jpeg

thought is was called March Madness. lol

73 thursday, rain all week. cant win...

Edited by LedFTed

March weather = in like lion out like a Lamb .... Lol @ march maddness that's good, but that referrers  to the NCAA yearly college basketball tournaments.... From mid march to early April. 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

Anyone that believes that they are living in a different world than most people and they need their head examined.

Do you know what the doctor discovered why the Eskimo's wife was  having trouble getting pregnant , " cause her husband had sno-balls "  

Very unfortunate. We have avalanches in our area as well. The sad thing is, The people that are caught in them are generally someplace they shouldn't be. We have skiers that get caught in them all the time because they are out of bounds from the regulated ski areas. There are crews that go up each day  with newly accumulated snow and shoot cannons to trigger the avalanches that could happen. The guys that go out on snowmobile's and get caught or killed go back into the mountains and are climbing areas that they should not be climbing and set them off. We know one guy that died about fifteen years ago, He and his buddies were way back into areas that were known for avalanches and they went anyway and we're climbing and riding steep north facing slopes.That's asking for it in my opinion. There are literally thousands of suare miles here where they would not run into anything that would be considered dangerous. I know guys right now that go out virtually every weekend and they are just flirting with disaster. I agree it is very sad when one loses their life And I am certainly not Downplaying the situation in colorado. Our area has avalanches frequently, If I rode frequently I would certainly choose To avoid those types of areas.

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Very unfortunate. We have avalanches in our area as well. The sad thing is, The people that are caught in them are generally someplace they shouldn't be. We have skiers that get caught in them all the time because they are out of bounds from the regulated ski areas. There are crews that go up each day  with newly accumulated snow and shoot cannons to trigger the avalanches that could happen. The guys that go out on snowmobile's and get caught or killed go back into the mountains and are climbing areas that they should not be climbing and set them off. We know one guy that died about fifteen years ago, He and his buddies were way back into areas that were known for avalanches and they went anyway and we're climbing and riding steep north facing slopes.That's asking for it in my opinion. There are literally thousands of suare miles here where they would not run into anything that would be considered dangerous. I know guys right now that go out virtually every weekend and they are just flirting with disaster. I agree it is very sad when one loses their life And I am certainly not Downplaying the situation in colorado. Our area has avalanches frequently, If I rode frequently I would certainly choose To avoid those types of areas.

I have seen shows when they used cannons to bring down problem areas and the tow company that works the passes in snow , can't imagine driving in snow like that 

I've driven in thousands of miles of horrible conditions. I can't imagine driving snow plows and clearing roads for people. Hats off to those folks They don't have snowballs they have another kind.

• Like 1

Started snowing again here a couple hours ago.

• Like 1

Yesterday I was working in the yard before daylight at 6:00 , sunrise  is about 7:02 , it was 37F degrees on the second day of spring , wow , it was 85 days before , so after about a hour my finger tips were getting numb , hurting bad , went inside and made a mistake , my hands were dirty so I washed them with wide open hot water from the tap , they went to hurting bad , it took 10 minutes for the pain to go away ---  it was 72 degrees later in the day 

* so what's up with hot water on cold fingers 

Yesterday I was working in the yard before daylight at 6:00 , sunrise  is about 7:02 , it was 37F degrees on the second day of spring , wow , it was 85 days before , so after about a hour my finger tips were getting numb , hurting bad , went inside and made a mistake , my hands were dirty so I washed them with wide open hot water from the tap , they went to hurting bad , it took 10 minutes for the pain to go away ---  it was 72 degrees later in the day 

* so what's up with hot water on cold fingers 

Easy fix Fish you retired so why you out there at 6:00 a.m. working in the cold? Let it warm up start work around 10:00 a.m. when it warms up.

• Like 1

Hope it's done snowing for this winter. Here's a picture of the neighbor lady today.

IMG_20230323_130753660.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yea my mothers side had some in NY city back in the early 1900s, i wish they woudlve stayed so i could be (possibly) been a US citizen & move to warmer climates lol

• Like 2

Was 82 for the high today , 75 right now at 6:30 

Was a nice day today got some outdoor work done.

• Like 1

She most be a very upbeat lady.... Smiling with that much snow ?! Lol 

4 hours ago, PROV said:

Hope it's done snowing for this winter. Here's a picture of the neighbor lady today.

IMG_20230323_130753660.jpg

She must be a very upbeat lady smiling with so much snow around ..... We could use more neighbors like her.... Reminds of my grandmother ... I enjoyed the memories your post brought back to me.. Things were altogether defrent back then.... 

• Like 1

Wow , that tornado that hit Mississippi was massive , heard it was a mile wide and a one mile on the ground ---  we lucked out , I just did a quicky on the cameras from last night and it never even rained her 

• Like 1

Well....... we woke up to 11 inches of snow this morning here in Belgrade do this through Monday and still coming down. Supposed to do this through Monday. We are 10 miles from Bozeman and they have 18" south of Bozeman and east of Bozeman in the foothills where my niece lives has 2 ft in her yard. She lives about 8 miles from us as the crow flies. Best get dressed and get busy😕.

20230325_075238.jpg

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Well....... we woke up to 11 inches of snow this morning here in Belgrade do this through Monday and still coming down. Supposed to do this through Monday. We are 10 miles from Bozeman and they have 18" south of Bozeman and east of Bozeman in the foothills where my niece lives has 2 ft in her yard. She lives about 8 miles from us as the crow flies. Best get dressed and get busy😕.

20230325_075238.jpg

Wow , they going to have to lower the Arctic Circle  to include Montana ---- hey the good news , no snakes , alligators or mosquitos , lol 

• Haha 2

Been watching the tornado cover from Mississippi , my heart and prayers go out to those affected <<<<<  1 mile wide , 100+ long path of devastation --- latest I seen was 23 dead and 4 missing 

• Sad 1