Melatv

Weather

Had minor flooding ..... Wasn't bad as expected ... 2.09 inches for the week.... Had several trees blown down .... One house and garage blown away... My thoughts and prayers for those effected.. An old friend called me (how he got my new number ? I don't know) we talked over old times he said whats with these mild winters... Said we (west tn) is now part of tornado alley... N will keep moving east to a point  said we might very see some even more extreme weather because of it....... Wind didnt really get to high the main thing is it was mostly in one direction.... I can't say how many radar indicated tornadoes MTEARS listed, but it was above ten... This coming Monday when MTEARS does the weekly check.... There will be more info put out... All in all not too bad, but the lightening was very very active......i just didn have as much time to devote to gathering as much information as i needed.

12 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Well....... we woke up to 11 inches of snow this morning here in Belgrade do this through Monday and still coming down. Supposed to do this through Monday. We are 10 miles from Bozeman and they have 18" south of Bozeman and east of Bozeman in the foothills where my niece lives has 2 ft in her yard. She lives about 8 miles from us as the crow flies. Best get dressed and get busy😕.

20230325_075238.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

We drove right through that part of Mississippi last Wed on our way back from Gulf Shores.

Tornadoes at night scare the crap out of me.  That area is dirt poor and lots of shacks and trailers, so lot of unprotected people.

Really sad for those hit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

We drove right through that part of Mississippi last Wed on our way back from Gulf Shores.

Tornadoes at night scare the crap out of me.  That area is dirt poor and lots of shacks and trailers, so lot of unprotected people.

Really sad for those hit.

Dude!  You were in Gulf Shores?  Wish I would have known that.  I'm in Ft. Morgan. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

Dude!  You were in Gulf Shores?  Wish I would have known that.  I'm in Ft. Morgan. 

Looking at a map while we were there, I almost drove down to check out the fort.  Looked like it would be a neat spot.  I looked up and read up on the history of the fort while I was lying awake itching from sunburn and sand in the bed.  LOL

• Like 3

You were 1.5 hours from me ,  heard Gulf Shores has been busy with Spring Break and Great White Sharks , LOL  which highway did you go north on , maybe I-55 or I-59 ? 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

You were 1.5 hours from me ,  heard Gulf Shores has been busy with Spring Break and Great White Sharks , LOL  which highway did you go north on , maybe I-55 or I-59 ? 

I used to have to go to Gulf Shores with my old job.  Back then I'd go up through Mobile to Hattiesburg MS, then to Jackson, then I55 up to Batesville MS, then over to Clarksdale MS and up to Helena AR.

This time the wife's phone was saying one thing, and her car was saying another, but both were saying NOT to go up I55.

Some coming back we went to Jackson, then up I55 a ways to Richmond, Lexington, Tchula, to Greenwood, Tutwiler, and then to Clarksdale, then on up to Helena.

7 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I used to have to go to Gulf Shores with my old job.  Back then I'd go up through Mobile to Hattiesburg MS, then to Jackson, then I55 up to Batesville MS, then over to Clarksdale MS and up to Helena AR.

This time the wife's phone was saying one thing, and her car was saying another, but both were saying NOT to go up I55.

Some coming back we went to Jackson, then up I55 a ways to Richmond, Lexington, Tchula, to Greenwood, Tutwiler, and then to Clarksdale, then on up to Helena.

My good buddy Sam is the one with land in Mineral Springs, Ark , when he goes there , he leaves from here and goes thru Shreveport , it takes him right under 8 hours with a few stops for  gas and food , he has monster deer 

• Like 1

Big tornado on the ground in West Little Rock right now.  Yall say a prayer for Shadetree and the rest of the folks in LR.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I heard about that one a ham reported from Arkansas mentioned something about one located somewhere in the vicinity of highway 64.... Getting multipul radar indicated rotations popping up... Also humbolt county...might have one on the ground  I'll name these off as best can, but there are quite a few radar indicated ones being listed Our time for exposure (they are saying) is from 10 PM CDT to 3:30 am CDT temp is 71f dew point 59.5, wind SSE (202 degrees) from 5-12 mph pressure  29.23 inHg in Covington tn T.H.P. is closing roads due to downed trees (still gathering information) pressure has dropped from 29.32 to 29.13 ... While I've been working on this post. Y'all stay safe out there! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

7 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Big tornado on the ground in West Little Rock right now.  Yall say a prayer for Shadetree and the rest of the folks in LR.

i'm ok bro..lost power sesne 3 pm, just now came back on about 15 min's ago ?..had to crank up the ole honda genny, not losing my deer meat !..lol.

• Like 1

Update..... 61 confirmed ropes on the ground accross tn.... Several counties completely black (without power) numous reports of trees downed ... No fatalities ... As of yet.... A few reports of people / family's traped in blown down house.. Some flooding... Some homes completely blown away... Numerous roofs gone... You could write a book from all the information that was stated... This situation is exactly what i thought would happen, but further back in the season... I just hope this isn't going to the trend for weather all spring and summer long... I will not be posting videos or pictures of homes and residents destroyed .... Report is! It's  going to be a while before the true scope of this event is reviled.... Thoughts and prayers for all those touched by this event. My hats off to the rescue, medical, LE and spotters network for doing all they can, very very sad situation..... 

6 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Update..... 61 confirmed ropes on the ground accross tn.... Several counties completely black (without power) numous reports of trees downed ... No fatalities ... As of yet.... A few reports of people / family's traped in blown down house.. Some flooding... Some homes completely blown away... Numerous roofs gone... You could write a book from all the information that was stated... This situation is exactly what i thought would happen, but further back in the season... I just hope this isn't going to the trend for weather all spring and summer long... I will not be posting videos or pictures of homes and residents destroyed .... Report is! It's  going to be a while before the true scope of this event is reviled.... Thoughts and prayers for all those touched by this event. My hats off to the rescue, medical, LE and spotters network for doing all they can, very very sad situation..... 

one dead, 30 or more injured in little rock so far. could have lost many more lives , but thank goodness it was not that bad. sw little rock ( i think this is the spot ? ) was leveled .

• Thanks 1

I don know the full scope of damage here yet... Most likely wont for an extended time... Like always... These storms that get this bad  such an odd hour tend to  catch people (some completely) off guard... Been going every sence 3 am yesterday morning... I can honestly say the last 24-48 hours has been almost un real... After my visit ... I stood at one of the nurses stations at Williamson medical... Getting paperwork finalized... And talking over what might be in store for the state weather wize... One of the nurses got my attention said she would never get used to the weather here in the southeast...i laughed.. Yes mam i hear that all the time... Lol, and your still here.. Lol! ... I have no clue what kind of impression i left them with...but I'll be looking for her next visit...lol! (Evil grin) 29 more days and counting.... 

Yeah..... I read tornado alley is slowly moving east.(which is natural movement) nothing to do with that BS global warming crap.. I'm not sure where it starts out west... I was thinking Norman Oklahoma ? But i could be very mistaken ... Anyways... It been said the trailing end is the first part of west tn then further in the alley is west middle and eastern Arkansas... I never researched how far south or north it extends , nor how long it takes that cycle of movement to complete the loop.... If those facts are correct then storms will indeed get worse.... This last bunch was bad enough... And as always they missed the number of confirmed ropes ON THE GROUND. It was NOT 31! It was in fact 60 plus. Thanks to MTEARS... I've been listening to them for over 40 years and not but a hand full of times have they missed being as close to accurate as possible . No other weather inity has come close... That's why i will become a member of MTEARS before said and done.. They are the big dogs, and should be respected and noticed by more people... Stuff the weather channel... You can't positively predict these without being there in person, i don't care what anyone says ... I know because I've done it and have the book..... It burns me up when i see these idiots speak as if they have a clue..... True to the saying anyone on tv is an expert... Ha! More like full of BS. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Yeah..... I read tornado alley is slowly moving east.(which is natural movement) nothing to do with that BS global warming crap.. I'm not sure where it starts out west... I was thinking Norman Oklahoma ? But i could be very mistaken ... Anyways... It been said the trailing end is the first part of west tn then further in the alley is west middle and eastern Arkansas... I never researched how far south or north it extends , nor how long it takes that cycle of movement to complete the loop.... If those facts are correct then storms will indeed get worse.... This last bunch was bad enough... And as always they missed the number of confirmed ropes ON THE GROUND. It was NOT 31! It was in fact 60 plus. Thanks to MTEARS... I've been listening to them for over 40 years and not but a hand full of times have they missed being as close to accurate as possible . No other weather inity has come close... That's why i will become a member of MTEARS before said and done.. They are the big dogs, and should be respected and noticed by more people... Stuff the weather channel... You can't positively predict these without being there in person, i don't care what anyone says ... I know because I've done it and have the book..... It burns me up when i see these idiots speak as if they have a clue..... True to the saying anyone on tv is an expert... Ha! More like full of BS. 

So MTEARS is not connected to the  government weather witch doctors of doom ??  >>> Would guess it is just a matter of time they take over that and push climate change agenda 

• Like 2

To my knowledge no they are not, but they do offer officail storm watches and warning updates ect ect from noaa, and also offer noaa actual in the field amateur spotters on scene information, so it's hand shake kind of deal. I wish i could answer the second part 100% But i can't ... It is a amateur radio operator that started the program... As for when it was officaily born as MTEARS ? Right now i couldn't say... We very well know how the goverment sticks there noses.. Where they have no buiness doing so.. So yeah ... I guess they could very well take over.. My guess would be amateur radio would scale it down .. Before closing it.... Some local 2 meter operators who own there own repeaters will not get involed with MTEARS ... Those repeater owners operate there own storm spotters network ... Consisting also a disaster program also.... MTEARS is a very larg inity... I don't know if they have a disaster program acciated with operations, if so i personal have never heard chat of such. It wouldn't surprise me if they do... If they do it would work good, but only for MTEARS members in there own particalure area.. Example ... Maury county fire only deals with fires MVA's med calls ect ect in maury county unless called for mutual aid from another neighboring county ..  

Had one tornado hit Wynne AR where @basfnb works.  He lives south of town so he was ok, but it completely wiped out the high school, killed 4 people.  Town is a mess.

Had another one go about 5 miles south of me, it went between two tiny communities, and picked up and put down a few times, so got lucky there.

Supposed to have a chance for more of the same here Wed.

I can't complain , this has been one of the best springs I ever remember 

image.png