Melatv

Weather

That's some pretty pictures,looks cold out there don't miss that anymore.

• Like 1

That even looks peaceful with the houses in the background. We have a little cold snap moving through the next couple days and then back to melting some snow slowly. I do have to say I'm enjoying the warmer days (uppers 30s) and the longer days. If it hits 50 for just one day I'm going to get spring fever and start wanting to get the camper ready.

• Like 2

Hey, we don't just have winter here ya know, LOL! These  taken in Glacier National Park. It's about a 5 1/2 hr. drive to the upper Northwest part of Montana. I'm sure Macarena Man has areas just as beautiful.  This is Lake McDonald in Glacier.       The waterfall in the 2nd pic is almost 500ft to put things into perspective.     

The lake in the 3rd pic is at the East entrance of the park St. Mary's Lake.

Another pic of Lake McDonald at sunrise.

Lake McDonald (9).JPG

Glacier National Park 8-11 125.JPG

Glacier National Park 8-11 155.JPG

Glacier August 2010_0086.JPG

• Like 4

Have not made it up that way yet,been all around the Rockies and mountains of Colorado.The 3rd picture I would love to Fish that lake.I really enjoyed the 4 years I fished Blue Mesa res. In Gunnison.Caught lots of Kokanee,Lake,Bown and Rainbow trout mostly trolling with downriggers Late summer to early October was chasing yellow perch.

That's beautiful country and cool summers,I loved Gunnison 7700' did not need to use AC on my RV just leave windows open and fans.

Been all over Colorado myself, amazing country. I did like Gunnison myself. Loved Durango, Silverton, Uray, all of them spectacular.  I hope to go back through there someday with my wife. Was in Ruidoso New Mexico one time, another pretty cool place, woke up to 24 degrees, dropped down to Alamogordo an hour later and it was high 80's.  A lot of beautiful country out there that's for sure.  I guess that's why I put up with the winters here, it cools down so nice in the summer.  Mid 20's here last night and slept with the windows open. Like sleeping cold LOL.

• Like 2

ever found any dino bones? too cold for me. least i wont be your neighbor. so considered yourself lucky. ha ha

Edited by LedFTed

2 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

ever found any dino bones?

No...Have never looked or did any Digging.

18 minutes ago, riverc said:

No...Have never looked or did any Digging.

i meant the question for FF.  i find coral in KY. it were under water at one time, have looked for sign.

Edited by LedFTed
usual
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Melatv said:

Cold again tonight 

tonight.jpg

That's cold...It got down to 39 at my place this morning,that's cold for the deep south.

No, I haven't, There are dino bones out in the eastern part of the state infact some of the discoveries are here in Bozeman at the Museum of the Rockies at the university

9 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Was in Ruidoso New Mexico one time, another pretty cool place, woke up to 24 degrees, dropped down to Alamogordo an hour later and it was high 80's.  A lot of beautiful country out there that's for sure.

I lived in Roswell for a while in the early '80s. Spent quite a few weekends up in the canyon between Cloudcroft and Alamogordo rock climbing. On the other side of Cloudcroft in the foothills is a fast stretch of river where we used to camp and throw parties. The white water rapids there are so fast we used to ride them down on our backs while treading water just often enough to bob our heads up for short breaths of air. NM is gobs of fun in the summer!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

i find coral in KY. it were under water at one time, have looked for sign.

Same here, our red clay soil is ocean sediment layered over top of ocean bottom sand.  Its still salty as all get out too. While I was drilling my well I bored through a layer of organic matter that turned out to be well preserved plant life. It weren't glaciers that shaped the earth, it was and still is active upheaval expansion events and steady H2O production from within that shapes our growing planet.

and from without. a primitive ocean was once here, now only rock remains.

At 7:00 a.m. It's 36 and they say 66 for the high.Can't complain about that.

It was 34 at twilight when I left Laplace , drove 65 miles and it was 36 when I got to Lacombe , and like you say 66 for a high today , but the 15 mph winds ain't nice 

weather channel said it was 26f outside during the day. i went outside, didnt have gloves on, hands wernt cold. maybe the weather channel has dyslexia too. was yesterday on satellite. ground was frozen in the morning, but its comfortable today. robins still hanging around. usually they dont arrive till march.

I'm so confused.

took the wife to the beach for the valentines weekend...only in the mid 50s, but strong sunshine...wind breaker to keep the windchill off of us...and just a couple weekends back I was on my boat on the lake doing test run of new motor...this kind of stuff messes with the brain when we are supposed to be in the death throws of old man winter.

got home last evening at dusk and the wife wanted to ride the cart out back real quick to change out a particular trail cam that is catching a lot of bobcat activity...so with just a light jacket on...we're out there tooling around in the warm wet mud from more gulf rain systems that is bringing us 60s today..later this week we'll see 20s at night...this is a screwed up planet (grin)

7 minutes ago, Bighanded said:

I'm so confused.

took the wife to the beach for the valentines weekend...only in the mid 50s, but strong sunshine...wind breaker to keep the windchill off of us...and just a couple weekends back I was on my boat on the lake doing test run of new motor...this kind of stuff messes with the brain when we are supposed to be in the death throws of old man winter.

got home last evening at dusk and the wife wanted to ride the cart out back real quick to change out a particular trail cam that is catching a lot of bobcat activity...so with just a light jacket on...we're out there tooling around in the warm wet mud from more gulf rain systems that is bringing us 60s today..later this week we'll see 20s at night...this is a screwed up planet (grin)

It's got me scratching my head for sure,it's like up and down.Have mowed my lawn twice since January 1st.