Melatv

Weather

Looks like THEY ..... Missed it agian..... 35 all give, or take...... It's now dropped to 33 and holding ..... And no rain, or snow..... I thought maybe my outside weather transmitter might have been reading wrong.... Nope.... Did a test and it's right on the money temperature 33.2 = 33. ... Humidity 45% pressure 32.00 inches... .... And no radio traffic from the brine truck frequency 159.180 mh, or MTEARS ...... Besides..... @Melatv..... Not meaning to high jack .... Your weather thread.... But i consider this thread a news update thread, the main talk around my area is the coronavirus.....Pandimic 

I forgot this image ..... With my above post.... K-5 military 4x4 blazer auotmatic trans 6.2 (pre chamber aka indirect injection) diesel plant .... Fish we had talked over these old tanks..... Other then the 370 CID 6.2 diesel they were great machines back in the day.... NO ECU.

image.jpg

• Like 4

Wilson , Nice looking truck and would bet since it is a military version , it has the things you would want to have in a truck 

weatherman called for a freeze in the high 20s , it never happened , 36 this morning here 

Yeah..... That's my thinking too I'd enjoy going one with a fine tooth comb .....

yeah they missed it he .... Still .... 33 cloudy.... NO snow, or freezing rain, heck nothing on the radar at all! Least not for my area

Stayed above zero at the house (+1F). Which is better than the -20F down in Fairbanks at the moment! Been a long cold winter in these parts. Fair amount of snow, almost ten hours on the Honda snowblower since Dec., probably about the same on the Foreman with the plow. Still six to seven weeks of possible snow weather, before the sun stays out for too long to be cold anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nanook said:

Stayed above zero at the house (+1F). Which is better than the -20F down in Fairbanks at the moment! Been a long cold winter in these parts. Fair amount of snow, almost ten hours on the Honda snowblower since Dec., probably about the same on the Foreman with the plow. Still six to seven weeks of possible snow weather, before the sun stays out for too long to be cold anymore.

At least y'all starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel,almost over.

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Wilson , Nice looking truck and would bet since it is a military version , it has the things you would want to have in a truck 

weatherman called for a freeze in the high 20s , it never happened , 36 this morning here 

At 8:30 a.m it's 40 supposed to be 52 for the high.No wind today,man yesterday was sure windy.

• Like 1

Liars! There all liars!  LOL!  Wish I could be wrong everyday with my work and not lose work or clients. I remember as a kid the words "possible" or "possibly" was used a lot in the weather forecast so we never expected anything until it actually happened. Shoot now we're getting weather alerts and alarms on our phones when a small snow squall is happening. Dramatizing every little thing that happens, we used to look out the window in and think, "Huh! A snow squall, wonder how long that's going to last?" LOL. It must be to warn all the people who aren't from here not to be stupid while they're out and about. 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Looks like THEY ..... Missed it agian..... 35 all give, or take...... It's now dropped to 33 and holding ..... And no rain, or snow..... I thought maybe my outside weather transmitter might have been reading wrong.... Nope.... Did a test and it's right on the money temperature 33.2 = 33. ... Humidity 45% pressure 32.00 inches... .... And no radio traffic from the brine truck frequency 159.180 mh, or MTEARS ...... Besides..... @Melatv..... Not meaning to high jack .... Your weather thread.... But i consider this thread a news update thread, the main talk around my area is the coronavirus.....Pandimic 

I forgot this image ..... With my above post.... K-5 military 4x4 blazer auotmatic trans 6.2 (pre chamber aka indirect injection) diesel plant .... Fish we had talked over these old tanks..... Other then the 370 CID 6.2 diesel they were great machines back in the day.... NO ECU.

image.jpg

very nice truck!! I'm envious...city folk wouldn't want to have to get out of the cab to manually lock the front hubs in...but that's REAL 4x4 there.

yeah..local ham chatter, among the usual stuff, is trending around the virus..preppers being what they are...ok...what "we" are...there.. I admit it.

we don't get enough weather events for it to be a topic of conversation on the radio..but I did go out to the big boat last night and drain the water out of the motor, as it threatens to drop to about 28 degrees Friday night...not bothering to winterize for the occassional chilly night with 50 degree days.. Ihave a bilge safe marine heater that I'll stick in there and call it done...cause I'm only a few weeks away from lake time!

the wife really wants one good snow...and so far , only flurries..this year...very warm n wet...we are so saturated that the water is just laying on the ground..it squishes when you walk..and it's just not draining or soaking in...man Wilson..you make me wanna go truck shopping now!!  dang it!

10 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

image.jpg

Awesome.  That 6.2 might be gutless, but I bet it would run on fryer grease if you needed it to!

Temp dropped down the upper 20's here last night.  Had to crank up my little buddy propane heater in the shop this morning.

• Like 1

city folk wouldn't want to have to get out of the cab to manually lock the front hubs in...but that's REAL 4x4 there.

lol^^^ i can't stand auto locking hubs 

I bet it would, jeep with little modification .... Sure would smell good!! 

BH i haven't heard any radio chatter about this new virus..... Just friends and neighbors .... Along with family.... Stock up blah, blah, be prepared to stay in for 2 weeks ..... I don't think so.... Least not yet.... I'm stocked up, i alway had that habit .... I heard from a friend from Vanderbilt told me... If/when this gets rolling it could be bad.... There main concern is no sign of the sickness until said person has had it a while.... But I'm no expert.... 

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

local hams are just doing the usual...same kinda chats you'd get if your were sitting with a cup of coffee at the local donut shop...nothing official.

I don't want to hijack the weather thread with my zombie prepping..but I guess prepping is kinda related in that I got into it just a matter of course..living on the coast, we've weathered multiple hurricanes over the years..prepping was just a normal part of life..if you were smart at all...that way we didn't have to head to the grocery store for flashlight batteries, genset, gas at the pumps after the fact etc...and as a young kid back in the hills of Ohio, I always remembered my grandparents, uncles etc..always had that emergency kerosene heater in the basement in case they lost power, canned food, etc...it just was something that made sense, not zombies..just normal.  We also do a fair amount of camping trips, and while these days it's in a travel trailer instead of on the ground, most of our trips are off grid, so you learn things that help during disaster time...ok..back to the weather report...hopefully..winter will end soon, and along with it, the Corona19 will crawl back under it's rock til next season.

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

lol^^^ i can't stand auto locking hubs 

I bet it would, jeep with little modification .... Sure would smell good!! 

BH i haven't heard any radio chatter about this new virus..... Just friends and neighbors .... Along with family.... Stock up blah, blah, be prepared to stay in for 2 weeks ..... I don't think so.... Least not yet.... I'm stocked up, i alway had that habit .... I heard from a friend from Vanderbilt told me... If/when this gets rolling it could be bad.... There main concern is no sign of the sickness until said person has had it a while.... But I'm no expert.... 

had a mild feb. 1st time. it were cold, but had days with no wind. temp swings were from high 50's, with occasional 60's . to some night's in the teens.

what a mix-up. creek's were loud. with water, from rain, not snow melting. the driveway was not frozen this year.  1st. time this happened. maybe 2nd.

the new norm. Oh well.

Very sad day for Nashville Tn ..... Ted.... I heard that Kentucky got hit to, hope your okay so far (sadly) 7 fatalities .... Hope all our members are okay... My prayers for all those touched by these storms .. 

I'm just waking up to the Nashville news this morn.. I've emailed a cousin that lives there to see if she is ok and what the situation is on the ground...prayers for All.

Didn't know there was a tornado. give up local new's long time ago. dont take the paper either for the same reason.

brooks hill tornado ran from Indiana to Lexington,Ky. was a few decades ago, least two. ran at least 60 ml. check stubs from Spencer Co.  ended up in Lexington. no one was killed. lives were interrupted. damage was great. took out many homes.

sad to hear of people death's. i always wanted to see a tornado. i did, an dont want to see another one.

on the side. 60s, may be even some sunshine this week, in between clouds. i got out once without a jump suit on. //Led

We have up and down temps but some getting into the 60s and possibly 70 this weekend. The grass is getting a green tint to it and the geese are heading back north. It's about time to get some spring fever just to have a few more blizzards.

Hi Toodeep  -- Feed them Geese so they will stay down there -- they are dam annoying messing everywhere in yards -- driveways -- parks -- beaches -- you name it they are everywhere.  

it's been warm, march, aint march, i was in the infield at the derby. 1st, Saturday in may. it was on the 5th. i will never forget it. sleet rain, an snow. probably 40 year's ago. i took refuge in a tent. it were full of keg's. i didn't have a tap. Oh, well., least i was out of the sleet. twer when ya could afford ta be in the infield. NOW, ya can't. aint worth it. i went from, Derby, to the Oak's, then off track. now i bet online. Avoid the crowd's, an the prices.

it were fun, in the old day's. The new generation, will put an end to horse racing. so it was. antique's, are a thing of the past also. collector's are dying off. sell while ya can. how to make money, in this new world. where there is no importance, nor reason. no respect for tradition, or family.  just is.

i don't know.  //Ted. or //Led., or //ed. 

i gotta feed my horses. the real world

i have had some dry day's. ever time it gets dry, it rains. had days with out to much wind, unusual, it has been a warm winter. when it were cold.

three more days or 60 or near it, maybe march is here.

Edited by LedFTed
had too

On 2/27/2020 at 9:51 AM, Freedomflyer said:

Liars! There all liars!  LOL!  Wish I could be wrong everyday with my work and not lose work or clients. I remember as a kid the words "possible" or "possibly" was used a lot in the weather forecast so we never expected anything until it actually happened. Shoot now we're getting weather alerts and alarms on our phones when a small snow squall is happening. Dramatizing every little thing that happens, we used to look out the window in and think, "Huh! A snow squall, wonder how long that's going to last?" LOL. It must be to warn all the people who aren't from here not to be stupid while they're out and about. 😉

They mentioned Costco's, this evening, running out of TP and water, on The Five at Fox. though it ain't weather, it's a storm.

Starting next monday 5 days of rain. Glad i live up on a hill. still muddy though. clay ground and rocks. ground dont perk much. Oh well

got 2 springs, not creek water springs. just fresh water from the ground. Real water, as not from the tap, on in bottles i may have to get a motor for jonboat, if this rain keeps

up, might need a way too dry land. been cut off before. think it was 2011, might have been 2012, about 3 week of november. rains flooded the bottoms. road was cut off.

couldnt get in or out.

On March 3, 2020 at 10:03 PM, LedFTed said:

Didn't know there was a tornado. give up local new's long time ago. dont take the paper either for the same reason.

Dont you have the Internet ?? Lol it MIGHT have had some information on it ....

7 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Dont you have the Internet ?? Lol it MIGHT have had some information on it ....

when i check noaa for weather from time to time.  mostly i am looking up stuff, or, on a forum. i got 4 forums i visit. this one, the old one, KY Hunting.not, an Ubuntu forum. weather, i look if the maple tree's turn up there leave's it gonna rain, or it is raining, if the tree's are swaying, it's windy. Louisville weather, nor Bardstown has to due with me. ya can see by the map. though my mail is cox's creek, High Grove got annexed to Cox's Creek,  High Grove has it's own weather. 8 mile's south is Bardstown, and 7 mile's north is Mt. Washington. it can be raining in either, but not raining here, and vise/versa. have ya tried the rope method of checking the weather? Hang a piece, of rope from a limb. if is gets wet, probably raining., if rope is swaying, wind is involved., if rope moves 90 degrees., its really time to hit the basement., if rope is frozen., it's cold outside..

ever hear of Goodlettsville, Tenn.. They must be the rich side of the family. They never shared the wealth, though. lols

have ya tried the rope method of checking the weather? Hang a piece, of rope from a limb. if is gets wet, probably raining., if rope is swaying, wind is involved., if rope moves 90 degrees., its really time to hit the basement., if rope is frozen., it's cold outside.

no, lol!  i don't think I've ever heard of that method... And, I've seen many tornadoes ... And your rope wouldn't be just swaying... 

and a rope hanging from a tree whipping at 90 .... Doesn't  Indicate one thing, except strong winds .... Most likely straight line winds. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

I use my flag. Once the bottom portion moves to the top I know its windy. 

20200304_212548.jpg

• Haha 2