Melatv

Weather

ouch! man alive! i hope none was injured....... the worst one we have here scoured pavement up...... just carved a dirt path right across U.S. highway 43 in lawranceburge  TN...... and completely flattened a lumber distributer ware house..... and channel 2,4 and 5 put in a request for people in the surounding counties to gather lumber tickets...... so the company could do there taxes and it was comfirmed a extremly strong F-5..... i hope that never happens again. because....i watched it play out over myders fire department, and community center.... sheets of tin, paper cardboard, insulation.... etc came raining down.... we were super lucky that monster did hit usstraight on.  

I know so many people who's houses and businesses are destroyed , what a shame , this neighborhood was destroyed in Hurricane Betsy , Hurricane  Katrina and now again  in this  tornado , a lot of these houses were very new , just built 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

that's very sad, being hit over and over again, i would imagine a few people / families will be moving away ? if i live long enough, and the prediction of tornado alley moving ever closer...... I'm gone, I've seen aNd chased enough of those monsters, i don't need to be struck by lightening for the 4th time or deal with the damaging hale stones........ getting too old for that mess..... now i just wish for a simple life..... with no worries of whether i might be blown away....... or be buried under a flattened 5,000 square foot  home, or crushed by the massive trees in my yard...... or go running to the storm shelter, which i had custom poured concrete / reinforced with rebar...... i reckon when a man has had enough.... that's it. 

• Like 2

been an active day for weather..... looks like things are fixing to Harry here shortly.....both my barometric meters have bee nose diving sence this A.M. MTEARS we t active about and hour and 1/2 ago because soe idiot was playing (keying the repeaters) so they shut the system down till just while ago, looks like this front is going to effect a number of states, so y'all take care out there...... i located a new noaa radar link link, so y'all ok mark this if you like, so far it's just been rain, and wind, no flooding here yet but Memphis is dealing with flooding. 

https://radar.weather.gov/ridge/lite/SOUTHMISSVLY_loop.gif

Well fish, is it there yet.  Hunkered down here.  Moved the truck to the middle of a small area with no trees.  That alone will guarantee golf ball sized hail and no broken tree branches.  Clean living and decent Scotch has got me through the storms no far.  Last one with hail the truck was snuggled under the Live Oak branches and slept tight all night with nary a bump or bruise.   Last storm with no hail forecast I backed the truck away from the trees and come morning a 3-4" branch was on the ground where my truck hood usually sets.  Fingers crossed my new Tundra doesn't come out of this storm looking like a golf ball.😳

• Like 1

It is about over 56 , calming down  ,  it got scary for just a bit , tornado touched down  about 6 miles west of me in Big Branch , it was whipping here , phones , TV's radios all going off , dog freaking out , the wife freaking worse ---- 

• Like 1

the line is just about to cross us, but all MTEARS is saying is severe storms.....I'm just now seeing lightening flashes, and hearing the static on the grundig short wave radio, pretty heavy static discharges...... hope y'all faired well fish..... I'm sure to be sump pumping out my storm shelter later but I've got to cook me something to eat (not eaten in a couple days) just fruit juice water, and coffee, just haven't felt like eating till today. 

• Like 4

Just about to start here.  Alarm went off multiple times.  Thunderstorm warning and Tornado watch.  NOAA shows us in a twister watch area but stupid phone popped up with a tornado warning.  Sucks that this phone knows more about me than I do but can't even figure out I'm on the wrong end of the bay for the tornado warning.

• Like 2

Another very weird weather event , it was very windy all day long , I would have called it 35-50+ , blew over garbage cans , some tree limbs fell ---- then late in the evening it went berserk out of the west , I went outside to lash down some stuff and I was say it was blowing 75 maybe more , 

• Like 1

man you guys really get it down that way !

expecting some rough stuff here today in the carolinas...worried more about family up near Pigeon Forge TN....the winds will really move that fire across the hill.

family can see it from their house...likely not impacted, but still, to be able to know it's just a few miles over the next hilltop.

• Like 2

Hope everyone here came through that ok. 

We had a nader in the town where I work.  Didn’t destroy any homes but knocked a few trees over and flattened a self-storage place.

Just wind and rain at home.  We got lucky

• Like 2

we made it okay here, not much of anything, however i was looking  forword to letting the claps of thunder help me sleep....(sigh) just a few claps.....no flooding, no hail, no downed limbs / trees, no tornadoes, but the wind ? had to be up around 40-50 mph 

gust at times, the good thing is  MTEARS storm spotters didnt have much to say.

supposed to be 59 out, feels warmer. anybody else it would be t-shirt weather. i gotta go back outside, its too nice. then rain next 4 or 5 days. if they are right? had two close nados this year, plenty of strong winds or down drafts, at times. i believe in global warming. global freezing also. not the in politics. it happens, because of earth changes. the winter sun set in the wrong place this winter. i think the winter tilt was different. 1 or 2 degrees perhaps. then there is the magnetic pole shift. we just happen to be in that time period.

a super volcano, i think it was, went off in china or near about around 530ad., causing a mini ice-age.

cutting of the gas in the US, causes more pollution around the globe instead of less, IMO.

heres one to think of; the US supplies china with natural gas, just not the US. Red China.

we get to freeze, while they get to stay warm.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Had a great weather weekend , even though the weatherman put the bad word on it and was wrong again -----  now he is calling for another blast of thunderstorms for tomorrow  

Eh , 'ted , I had a weather related axis / tilt going on myself this weekend , was a couple of degrees throwed off , still recovering from it 

• Like 1

there forecasting severe thunderstorms Tues, Wed, and Thurs for us  with just rain moving in this morning..... they say a much better chance of tornatic weather with this round, so we're starting with mid 40's this AM..... so far the pressure is holding, and not a word from MTEARS yet, so we shall see. 

• Like 1

what really burns me up is..... the so called climate change  / global  experts <<< bullsh-ters have made there ruling, and in the long run.... who's it cost ? US,...... I wander just how many family's, drivers have been killed in the cheep electric pocket cars ? not to mention what happens when the catch fire ? have any idea that fireman take there lives in the own hands when dealing with these problems ? when you talk fire fighters ? your talking about my brothers !!!!, and the main reason this came up is a money making  deal who are pushing  the redicious idea of global warming..... California was first here, what happened ? unleaded gas, and catalytic converters slowed the pollution...... so this in fact tells me how much BS these global / climate change idiot know....... NOTHING! except  getting in the working mans pocket. 

just like Al Gore, the inventor of the internet by his words, they know nothing. Russia donates money to the 'Green Energy Deal' they got going. probably Red China as well, just guessing.  the weather report i seen this morning said 50% to 90% of rain. how could ya bet on that spread. i forget most of u dont bet, least sum say so. life is a bet though, in a way. bet i make it to the store an back in my truck. subconscious it might be, but ya do it every day. play the odds. 

i aint quite sure how the solar or wind, least its the hot air they spout, will power KY. they aint figured out how to power those electric cars yet without powering an electric powerplant, that runs on fossil fuel. they are just blowing smoke up your wazz, selling this ideal, that dont work. ask those in Texas who had wind power in the winter, when the windmills froze up. i still hear the sound of the teeth chattering. least i feel empathy.boot camp at the great lakes during the winter. the officer of the day says no gloves, he is in a heated office, that will make men out of them. nope that just makes cold fingers, maybe if you are a mortition a cold cadaver person. has a name, i forget.they say Honey, take a cold shower. really cold.

Heavy equipment will not run well on wind or solar. of course that stuff will be out sourced to countries, that use fossil fuels. whatda you get, the Hershey squirts.

the real white supremacist, mean to kill us so they can rule the new order, the 4th Reich. rule or destroy. so

how do ya like my conspiracy theory. least it will give ya a good laugh.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

well,fish you mentioned they missed the forcast for yall yesterday's day...... they did for us as well, but looks like they finally got it right this am.... but i don't see this lasting for three, or four days, are y'all going to see any from this one...... first image (i believe) is from around 7-8 PM last night, and the second is just a few minutes ago, no mention of severe weather just yet... although they do have some warning, and watches out.no doubt a 100% chance of rain. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

I'm fighting beavers trying to get the water out before the lillypads take over like they did last year.

Got the water level down several inches over the last few days.  This isn't helping!

• Like 2

We are lucking out so far , the line of bad weather is just north of us , you never know , it changes by the minute now days 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I'm fighting beavers trying to get the water out before the lillypads take over like they did last year.

Got the water level down several inches over the last few days.  This isn't helping!

IMG_0268.MOV

Shoot the beavers , I won't tell 

• Like 1

got her going good jeep, how long (you think) it will take to empty out. ^^^^ uh hu mums the word..... i can't believe how short lived this front was, it's just now moving on further east, i just hope there's no back building on this one......

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Well I've debated that.  The only problem there is without the beavers, when fall hits and I need the place to fill back up for duck season, I'll have to rebuild their dams myself!

I did see TWO of the buggers yesterday.  One I tried to run over with the Foreman while running it through the shallow end of the duck hole LOL. 

Since I have more than one working out there, I might try to blast at least one of them.

If I knock the dam out every morning for a couple of weeks it will get the water level down to where I want it.  If I do it early in the AM it will run all day; they rebuild during the night.

Got a lot of rain last night, and was still pouring this morning when I came to work, so I'll try to knock it out at dawn tomorrow and hopefully it will flow all day.

50% chance of rain here again in the early AM, then sunny for 5-6 days before we have chances of rain again all next week.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

There's a bounty on them here.  You can sign up with the conservation district and I think they pay $25-30 each for them.

No bounty if you're not signed up though.  Shooting them is encouraged around here.

• Like 1