Melatv

Weather

well,it's not really a pager, so my bad, but i was somewhat impressed with the low,price plus it does seem to work, i curious about interference..... that MIGHT ? effect this unto so we shall see..... do i think,it's worth looking into ? yes! 

I have been saying for a long time , ny beliefs are we are in climate change , not global warming --- it is like back in the Mayan times , the priest knew the eclipses were coming and yanked the peasants' chains with the fake world going to end B.S.  

image.png

The U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Space Weather Prediction Center (SWPC) issued an alert on Thursday, cautioning that two geomagnetic storms were likely to occur on Friday and Saturday.

• Like 1

I'm all for climate change IE spring summer winter fall, etc, but global warming ?! Is BS, and a few  reasons people are buying into it (money money money MONEY) and the other one is we have so much more informathion from multi media, some will say he Moro you THINK known the better off you are, well, that also depends on who, and where your info is coming from, and most times its from those who just want to flap there jaws and look like experts, i have to say it was funny to watch Spotted al make an ! out of himself......

• Like 1

the earths orbit around the sun, the earth tilt, and the magnetic fields of the earth, all change from time to time. we are in a magnetic pole shift at this moment. the poles dont shift exactly opposite of each other, just shift.  as far as earth tilt, that too. as far as the orbit around the sun, just maybe. as far as the green agenda, its a good though. it isnt ready to put into practice as yet.

your gonna have to depend on bill gates for farming, none of that electric sh-t, will work. already the grid is taxed, aint enough electric being produce to power electric cars, or trucks, tractors.

as far as climate, Branden is gonna declare a clime emergency, for the heat, i wonder if there will be a climate emergency, for the cold? Remember how the wind power of texas, worked during the winter.

1 hour ago, LedFTed said:

as far as the green agenda, its a good though. it isnt ready to put into practice as yet.

Youll have to explain to us why, or how that could have any chance of being a good thing.

1 hour ago, LedFTed said:

your gonna have to depend on bill gates for farming,

Nope, real farmers will walk away, and take care of there own, what worries me is how much farm land will be used to expand cities to those who will not be wanted IE the criminal element besides that to will never happen i did make a mistake calling it climate change when it should have been seasonal weather, spring summer winter fall etc etc ........

3 hours ago, LedFTed said:

as far as climate, Branden is gonna declare a clime emergency, for the heat, i wonder if there will be a climate emergency, for the cold? 

I was just watching a news segment recently , about how he is going to declare a climate emergency , and it is scary what kind of powers that will give him over us 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I was just watching a news segment recently , about how he is going to declare a climate emergency , and it is scary what kind of powers that will give him over us 

That could be a very bad thing indeed.   The whole climate change deal is an easy power grab.  Going against climate change is like going against the WWF, ASPCA or the Wounded Warrior project.   Those three and others like them are big with the virtue signaling types.  You know, the Subaru drivers with all the bumper stickers plastered all over the back as to proclaim that the owner is doing everything they can to to give up their own happiness to save the pandas, spotted owls or whatever the cause of the month is.  Yeah, the very same folks that spit on Veterans when the return home from war.  Women are especially vulnerable to this.  Guys on the other hand usually put Glock or Smith & Wesson bumper stickers to signal, "Mess with me and I'll use your face for target practice"

There.  Y'all went and got me fired up.

• Like 2

I've read about a bill (don't think it's been voted on yet) in the house that would give biden full control of the military where congress would have no oversight over his decisions.  Just think what could (probably would) happen if he declared martial law.  

• Like 1

The Constitution grants Congress the authority to declare war.  Last time that happened was January 1942 with Hungary and Romania.   Since then they've all been military operations.   Even with that it has to be agreed upon in Congress.   I'm curious to see what our Supreme Court would say about giving the President the sole control over the military. 

• Like 1

the green agenda is a good thought. 'i misspelled thought'. its not about using fossil fuels, but planting to replenish the soil, not the lefts green agenda of the leftist which promotes starvation and death, but one that is more eco-friendly. good for the people and the earth.

• Like 1

Any members affected by the 10 inches of rain in a few hours in St Louis ??  That is a lot of rain in a short time 

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Any members affected by the 10 inches of rain in a few hours in St Louis ??  That is a lot of rain in a short time 

Time to surf the Mississippi. 

On July 26, 2022 at 7:20 AM, Fishfiles said:

I looked over the members marker map (glanced) i didn't see any member from up there, but man did they get hammered, and they are still dealing with super Hot dry weather out west......i sure .do feel for those being effect. 

• Like 1

storm might be headed this way. they are not predicting anything that drastic, thats when it usually hits.

Hurricane evacuation plan.

I'll be in Ft Morgan AL on October 1st this year.  There's still a good chance for hurricanes to form and make landfall at that time.

We've decided if one is predicted to come anywhere near us to make a run for it early.  Being about one hour south of I10 going east or west is an option.  I65 can take us N/E before going north or just take two lane routes and go pretty much anywhere. 

I can travel around 320 miles towing before the fuel light comes on and will carry 10 additional gallons minimum.  That will extend my range to about 430 miles before fillup.

I also understand the the N/E quadrant is considered the worst for tornadoes. 

What else can you seasoned hurricane veterans add?

Edited by 56Sierra

7 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

I'll be in Ft Morgan AL on October 1st this year.  There's still a good chance for hurricanes to form and make landfall at that time.

We've decided if one is predicted to come anywhere near us to make a run for it early.  Being about one hour south of I10 going east or west is an option.  I65 can take us N/E before going north or just take two lane routes and go pretty much anywhere. 

I can travel around 320 miles towing before the fuel light comes on and will carry 10 additional gallons minimum.  That will extend my range to about 430 miles before fillup.

Hi Sierra , I am under the weather so bad , I can't even think 

23 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Hi Sierra , I am under the weather so bad , I can't even think 

Get well soon my friend.  I'll make a special request to the man upstairs for a speedy recovery and to keep the above mentioned storms away until you are better able to fight them.  Kicking a man while he's down just isn't right.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 7:15 AM, 56Sierra said:

I would say go north and west , hurricanes very seldom go to the west ,  any if at all --- I know Katrina was the first one we evacuated for and we went to Vicksburg , that was not far enough north , as they went out of electricity after the storm 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

I would say go north and west , hurricanes very seldom go to the west ,  any if at all --- I know Katrina was the first one we evacuated for and we went to Vicksburg , that was no far enough north , as they went out of electricity after the storm 

That's my thinking.  If it does go N/W I'll either catch 10 east or 65 north toward Birmingham.   I want to make sure where ever I go I will have an escape route.  Trick is going to be getting the Pretty one who can't read a map to navigate for me.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

That's my thinking.  If it does go N/W I'll either catch 10 east or 65 north toward Birmingham.   I want to make sure where ever I go I will have an escape route.  Trick is going to be getting the Pretty one who can't read a map to navigate for me.

No GPS ?  Garmin Street Pilot !! --- Maybe have a campground phone number and location in advance so you can  call and reserve a spot 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

No GPS ?  Garmin Street Pilot !! --- Maybe have a campground phone number and location in advance so you can  call and reserve a spot 

I got the Wife to connect her phone to the Tundra with Apple  carplay so she can plug in the destination.   My, I'm still looking at the Rand McNally.  There's a place in Birmingham south with hills on all sides and tiny trees. I should be good there.  A nearby creek might rise but I can still get out.

• Like 2

friday 82 during the day, 55 at night.

for those that believe climate change, ever read into how the gov., can conTROLL the weather?  "dont think they wont." , or have... why do they get to, want to contribute to, carbon footprints., look at how much, they can have jets, large mansions,. (energy consumers), but want you to cut back. crap,. i aint got my 1st. just yet. guess i cant complain about climate change. {u wouldn't want me driven that, anyway}., got to say, though, some i would not buzzing the house. i got astigmatisms, and cant judge distance. depending on, an if i could, fly a jet, it might come in handy.. i wouldnt fly about food supplies though. i dont intend to vote for vegetables, but apparently i have..

Pitch Mitch

• Like 1

On August 8, 2022 at 7:16 PM, 56Sierra said:

I got the Wife to connect her phone to the Tundra with Apple  carplay so she can plug in the destination.   My, I'm still looking at the Rand McNally.  There's a place in Birmingham south with hills on all sides and tiny trees. I should be good there.  A nearby creek might rise but I can still get out.

You might also try baofeng radio just to monitor ham radio, you hear all kinds of imfo from storm reports, to road conditions.....routs to take, SOME gas station reportsj. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

You might also try baofeng radio just to monitor ham radio, you hear all kinds of imfo from storm reports, to road conditions.....routs to take, SOME gas station reportsj. 

When I was working part if my job was the RR radios.  Purchasing,  programming,  licensing, training and oversight of regulations but HAM is all new to me.  Obviously I'm not licensed to transmit but having the ability to scan all or set frequencies would be handy.

We have a NOAA weather alert radio that stays with us home or away from home.  Can you recommend something that would give me additional evaluation information for an affordable price?  Car charging would be nice but not neccessary. 

• Like 1