Melatv

Weather

Do you mean model of baofeng radio ? Mobile or hand held antennas etc ? 

Edited by _Wilson_™

33 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Most likely handheld.  A magmount antenna option would be nice.  I noticed many radios are multiple band.  That gives me some concern about the included antenna.   I used to tune antennas for a very specific frequency in order to get the most out of our allowed power.   Are these handhelds just a generic catch all antenna that doesn't do any particular frequency well?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

What's your opinion on this package?  Extra battery,  car charger make it desirable. 

https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Handheld-Complete-Earpiece-Programming/dp/B07TX9FYKJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_16?crid=JEBS7EG7NPF9&keywords=ham+receiver+radio&qid=1660480712&sprefix=ham+rec%2Caps%2C207&sr=8-16

• Like 1

Plz pardon me, not feeling all that well today it's n the meds i have to take for now ( hopefully not too much longer ) because i am slowly getting better, anyways, here's a link you need to read, then we head to the guys that KNOW radiorefrence ...... I didn't have access to this  https://baofengtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/BaoFeng_UV-5R_Manual.pdf link and yes sir i have 1 (still a very popular choice  >>> uv-5r )   

2 uv-5r+ and 2 uv-82hp <<< top pick for me although when i get done with my weather station setup, there is one more baofeng I'd like to mess with but by fr the radio in your link is the most popular, and talk about tough if it was  a honda atv  it would be an equal to the fourtrax 350 aka tank, and you can get these up to 8 watts like one my 82 radios, the other 82 is a fluke much higher then 8 watts, and i still don't know what hack did it ........lol..... I'll help you much as i can. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

They have it over priced, you can get them for less. Even get the 8watt for less. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

They have it over priced, you can get them for less. Even get the 8watt for less. 

I liked the overall package.   120VAC & 12VDC charging,  two batteries,  three antennas etc.  I could get just the radio and presume one charger & cradle for 20 bucks.

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I found the 8 watt in a similar package for $41 and change delivered.   Now to start studying for the license.

Thanks for your help and hope you start feeling better.

• Like 1

Thank you very much Sierra, soon i hope bro..  I never did get my licence, but i have plans to ..... You can still get a better deal, just depends on How quick you need the radio, but no that's not bad.

Well; i was thinking the three or so days of cooler weather, an sunshine would be nice, cept the rain hit again, it did get sum cooler, not enough for most, 80's during the day, sum days, and lower temps at night. the ac, didnt have to run as much, for me brother, country boy/city slicker. me just being in the time frame, i didnt so have to rely so much on AC, and could stand the outdoors. didnt have much choice., but like the black an white TV faded, so did, the air inside your house. the fresh air, from open windows., cept at my great uncles pig farm. seemed the air was always blowing the wrong way, time to eat.. least there was indoor plumbing. sorry, i got carried away, though not too much.

This spring started off BAD with infestations of deer flies and then mosquitos , lucky it has been very pleasant the last 5 weeks or so , no bugs at all ---- but there is always something else to take its place  , was reading an article , that here in St Tammany Parish the coyotes are on the population  rise ( watch your small pets is the warning  ) and also read snake encounters and sightings are up as their habit is dwindling 

On a side note we were riding the golf cart around the neighborhood , and our neighbor was telling us that he seen the eagle taken his kids Yorkie and fly off with it , WOW 

Reports of coyotes in St. Tammany area pop up again

https://www.nola.com/news/communities/st_tammany/article_80c6a850-18d6-11ed-886b-eff22ae6e1b3.html

• Like 1

Thanks i book marked both of those links, anyways....... I'm off too fix southern style stewed taters and gravey. ;) back shortly

Started raining before 7 this morning at my place looks like a wet day today.

7 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

@Fishfiles  You staying high and dry?  See those west of you are getting some rain. 

Was very lucky today. Drizzled just a very little early this morning and was overcast all evening so it was not hot. 

it is suppose to rain all week and weekend.  

50 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Was very lucky today. Drizzled just a very little early this morning and was overcast all evening so it was not hot. 

it is suppose to rain all week and weekend.  

It's been raining off and on since before 7 this morning it's raining now that really sucks when you have outdoor projects to work on .Hope we get a break tomorrow.

• Like 1

There is pretty much nothing forming in the Atlantic right that has much of a chance forming in to a tropical depression but that doesn't stop the media from putting up the click bait.  One photo is from Google.  Sounds like something is brewing?  Better click it.  When you do, the story isn't even there.

Screenshot_20220824-143129_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20220824-143214_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

Fear mongols >>>  witch doctors  , control the multitude with weather predictions >>>> I seen in the news yesterday NASA  now admits the closeness to the sun and the tilt axis  is the reason for the heat wave , not human pollution 

One thing good about the rain , it is 72 degrees right now and not 92 

• Like 1

My wife likes the weather channel which BTW has been proven time and time again to exaggerate weather conditions.   I go by NOAA.  We have a little game going to see who gets the closest.  Hint:  She doesn't want to play my silly games anymore. Wonder why.  Women fall for the crap many media outlets pump out. And Girlie-men.

• Like 2

Today is the 30 year anniversary of hurricane  Andrew , that was a bad one