Melatv

Weather

It's starting to look like the climate change green weenies will be throwing a fit tomorrow morning if no named storms occur in August. 

• Like 2

A one-year-old child has been killed after being hit on the head by a ‘giant hailstone’.

There were reports of a further 50 people who had been injured in the violent 10-minute storm in Girona, Catalonia on Tuesday.

Local channel 3/24 reported that one of the stones hit a 20-month-old child, who was transferred to a hospital in the nearby city of Girona, but tragically later died from her injuries.

image.png

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

A one-year-old child has been killed after being hit on the head by a ‘giant hailstone’.

There were reports of a further 50 people who had been injured in the violent 10-minute storm in Girona, Catalonia on Tuesday.

Local channel 3/24 reported that one of the stones hit a 20-month-old child, who was transferred to a hospital in the nearby city of Girona, but tragically later died from her injuries.

image.png

Wow that's a big hailstones Kansas don't get them that big. Sorry to hear about baby being killed.

• Like 1

Well, that didn't last long.  Tropical Storm Danielle was officially named in September then upgraded to hurricane status shortly thereafter.   Now it's  been downgraded back to a TS.  We also have TS Earl which doesn't look like it will do any damage.

• Like 1

We had some very odd storms move in over night we were mp laced under a flood watch .... But had more lightening then I've seen in a while, +500 plus according to that acu-rite lightening detector, and I'm sure it didnt catch everyone being the strikes were happening so fast, but no flooding thank goodness

image.jpg

• Like 1

WOW < it is 57 degrees F this morning in Lacombe  on our patio >>>> also right now just 25 miles south in New Orleans TV news  say it is 71 and 100 miles south at the drivable tip of Louisiana in Venice Louisiana they say it is 81F 

33 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

WOW < it is 57 degrees F this morning in Lacombe  on our patio >>>> also right now just 25 miles south in New Orleans TV news  say it is 71 and 100 miles south at the drivable tip of Louisiana in Venice Louisiana they say it is 81F 

It's 60 here in Torbert love it. 

2 minutes ago, riverc said:

It's 60 here in Torbert love it. 

The weather guesser on Channel 8 is  also saying we going to get up to 88 this evening ----  I seen 85 yesterday  ---  dessert weather , but I will take it 

• Like 2

On September 14, 2022 at 7:06 AM, Fishfiles said:

The weather guesser on Channel 8 is  also saying we going to get up to 88 this evening ----  I seen 85 yesterday  ---  dessert weather , but I will take it 

Hey fish  any word on what there forecasting for this weekend ?? What I've heard is back up into 90's Sunday. 

This morning here, 50 degrees forecasted to climb to the upper 70's - 80 , with no precip in the forcast. 

12 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

62F this morning , going up to 86F , dry till the weekend , then some rain 

Heard we probably will see 90's next week plus humidity returning.

laaaaaaadies and gentlemeeeeen.  We have a hurricane.   Fiona just upgraded or downgraded depending in whether it hits you or not...to a Cat 1 hurricane.   Going to hit Hispaniola on it's northerly swing then hit Bermuda mid week.  @Fishfiles what ever you are doing, keep doing it.  These storms don't like you for some reason. 🤔😉

• Like 1

80's day 60s,  occasional high 50s, no rain for a week. strange on that. almost unnatural. gov's., weather transmitters must have hit a glitch.

• Like 1

Well.... Now they're saying on one hand it's a tropical storm, and on the other a hurricane ?! I wish they would make up there minds!! So I'll ask you fish, and Sierra, whats yaws take ? And both of these predications are from you guessed it NOAA  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and looks like we have another disturbance forming. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

That yellow X?  That's just a disturbance in the force.😉.  It's forecast to go north and amount to nothing.

Fiona is pretty much done dumping 2 feet of rain on Puerto Rico's poor souls and turning right to gain strength before watering gardens in Bermuda sometime Thursday. 

Don't let yourself get hooked up in any of them storm predictions , till they are barreling down on you , cause if not they will drive you crazy , and now days , I think it is more the weatherman driving you crazy , then the storms , and it is intentional 

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Don't let yourself get hooked up in any of them storm predictions , till they are barreling down on you , cause if not they will drive you crazy , and now days , I think it is more the weatherman driving you crazy , then the storms , and it is intentional 

I never watch any weather that is sponsored by anyone.  Only NOAA.  Always been interested in how the weather around us works.  Weather predictions are a perfect use for a computer.  I remember as a kid you were lucky to know what was coming at you a day out.  Sometimes I'm amazed at how right and how wrong they get it.  Especially weather very local to me.  A few years back we were to get a 1/4-1/2" of rain one night.  We got over 6" in an area no bigger than 3 sq miles.  Kicked our butts, that one did.

• Like 2

I have always been a fisherman ,  so I watched the weather a lot , we had a guy named Nash Roberts 50 years ago , he was right on 90+% of the time , if he said 5-10 out the SE with no rain , he was right on -------    he was  also the hurricane man the one they brought in for a storm , he was as good as they get 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I have always been a fisherman ,  so I watched the weather a lot , we had a guy named Nash Roberts 50 years ago , he was right on 90+% of the time , if he said 5-10 out the SE with no rain , he was right on -------    he was  also the hurricane man the one they brought in for a storm , he was as good as they get 

Some guys have the knack.   My local, non syndicated radio station does a good job of getting it right.  They use a guy that works for the local emergency management office.  One day he was on the radio talk show and admitted he had no formal education after High School but lived here all his life.  He said he uses different sources of weather forecasting and adds his knowledge of the area.  ! if he wasn't right late June 2012 when the local radio station at 10:30 AM predicted dangerous Tstorms for late afternoon that day.  No other source mention it until 4:00 pm.  At 6:15 it hit and it hit hard.  That's when I learned to stay tuned to the radio for the best outlook for my neck of the woods.

• Like 1

Only noaa here as well....... I've looked at all kinds of weather sites Nd noaa is still the best IMO ....... Heck i recall when we got a sat dish, the very 1st channel i picked out was the weather channel, I've always been overly curious about the weather, i have often wandered if being hit by lightening +2 times  had something to do with my weather addiction........

• Like 2

Heard some disturbing news this morning...... The hurricane is now a cat three ? And something happened lastnight Nd in the very early morning hours that i can't explain, nor have ever see before... My relative barometric pressure here is normally 29.97-30.00 inHg  @ 787 ft...... It goes like this, I'm  in bed propped up watching forensic files.... And the weather station in my man cave alarm goes off, so i check it...... 29.80..... So i check both mechanical meters Purdy much the same reading, so i head to the kictcen check my newest weather station..... Same reading 29.80..... THERE IS NO WAY TWO ELECTRONIC WEATHER STATIONS PLUS TWO 100% MECHANICAL GAUGES GIVE FALSE READINGS!  IT CAN'T HAPPEN !!! so i flip channels to local news..... Nothing strange about the weather here is what i got...... The strengthening of the hurricane is being talked about, but not one word about where i live, so i wake up ol trusty, and check i n with NOAA nothing going on here..... No wind readings, no rain, not a cloud in the sky.......takes alot to rattle me to the point of getting excited ...... So I'm like WTF IS GOING ON ?? So i stay up watching everything i can dealing with the weather....... I'm still @ a loss of what caused this.... Talk about spooky!! 

Edit: the gauges, and stations are now just about back to norm for us.

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1