Melatv

Weather

Still nuthin.  Weather radio just went off for Tornado Warning but the cells are 30 miles north of me.

Same thing here 56', nothing , just got woke up by bad weather advisory and it has never rained yet from yesterday  

The rain and wind finally got to us at 4:30 am this morning , 14 1/2 hours after the weatherman predicted it would , it passed with a fury , 20 minutes and it seems to be over ---- It was just drying out and now it is flash flood 

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

The rain and wind finally got to us at 4:30 am this morning , 14 1/2 hours after the weatherman predicted it would , it passed with a fury , 20 minutes and it seems to be over ---- It was just drying out and now it is flash flood 

I was wondering how you made out.  Tstorm warning went off and now a Tornado warning just triggered the radio.  Stars still visible.  better go.

• Like 1

we've been getting the desperately needed rain here...the event last Sunday took my creek from near dry bed to almost full at the banks and some spilling over in a couple places.

the pond gained over 2 feet back up on the bank...course that will go back down some..but then overnight...a lot of the latest system.my creek and some of the low woods will likely be flooded a little...and that's fine as long as my pond gets back to good levels.

only one major tree down from the winds last weekend...and it's blocking an entrance to one of my back trails..so me and the chainsaw will have to get to work soon as a Saturday frees up.

• Like 2

Had a brief storm here last night.  They were calling for tornadoes but most of those went South of us.  Got a little rain and more on the way next week.

• Like 1

2.32 inches of rain from this one over night front.....temps p dropped from low 70's to low 40's ...... I don't know how many times i got alert text .... For tenn, and bama......MTEARS went live about an hour after things got bad, but.. No reports of any tornatic damage as of yet, just some flooding issues.... I think we dodged that severe stuff just barely...... If temps had been Warmer before the front....we might be singing a defrent tune... One things for sure.... That watch area was one of the biggest I've seen in a while, at one point almost the entire state of Mississippi...... The ,lightening was very active, and very close, close enough to rattle dishes  in my kitchen.....

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

@56Sierra You OK ???  Just watched the news from yesterday and seen all that bad weather went your way

Doing fine except cold.  The storms just nicked us and within a few hours the sun came out.  Winds swapped end and woke up to 46*F this morning.  Waiting in Foley to get in to see the Surgeon for the 6 week check up then back to camp to move the trailer up front on the bay.  Right where the north winds hit the hardest.   We've been back a hundred yards or so and the difference in wind is notable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 56Sierra said:

Doing fine except cold.  The storms just nicked us and within a few hours the sun came out.  Winds swapped end and woke up to 46*F this morning.  Waiting in Foley to get in to see the Surgeon for the 6 week check up then back to camp to move the trailer up front on the bay.  Right where the north winds hit the hardest.   We've been back a hundred yards or so and the difference in wind is notable. 

Good news !! it got cold here too , 41 right now , only going up to 61 today ------

I am very familiar with Foley , is that flea market still open there , it  use to be a big one ---- also like the flea market in Minge , Mississippi --- Mobile was always the biggest 

6 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Good news !! it got cold here too , 41 right now , only going up to 61 today ------

I am very familiar with Foley , is that flea market still open there , it  use to be a big one ---- also like the flea market in Minge , Mississippi --- Mobile was always the biggest 

I think it is.  There's something on the west side of 59 and I'm thinking it's north of Foley.  Currently right across from South Baldwin Medical Center and I think it's not far from here.  I'm hoping to spend some time there when the fishing tanks.

Boy it's cold this morning, least for here it is 20!........ I went for a short walk just before the sun came up.....they tell me the more you exercise the quicker your recovery, but I'm Purdy sure I'm taking this a bit too far and being in  such a hurry ......i didn't really dress for the cold temps..... Refreshing / shocking as it was.... It's done! Just waiting for the digits to start working again...... I have developed a new respect for you fellas that swim in icy cold water.....better y'all the me.... 

• Like 1

If anyone was having issues with https://ialert.com/ weather service.... They have fixed what ever was going on..... Not sure if anyone subscribed, so just saying.... Cell phone warnings  and email warnings are working again. 

• Like 1

The weather has been fantastic this weekend , today same as yesterday  , 62 this morning and going to 72 for the high no rain for us 

• Like 1

I can't believe what  they're forecasting for us...... Flooding ? Again ? Wasn't too many years back it was an overly warm winter season.... One good snow and flooding for the most part, yet according to the MAN ..... We're in store for that again, least for a couple days at least Arkansas will get the moisture they need (hopefully) if this does happen.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I can't believe what  they're forecasting for us...... Flooding ? Again ? Wasn't too many years back it was an overly warm winter season.... One good snow and flooding for the most part, yet according to the MAN ..... We're in store for that again, least for a couple days at least Arkansas will get the moisture they need (hopefully) if this does happen.... 

Guess we should be lucky we have been  getting some rain 

I heard this week that 1/2 the country is in the wort  drought since the 1950s , many farmers are selling off their livestock cause there is no grass and limited water , the story was saying next year there is going to be a meat shortage and high prices , 

• Like 1

I agree.... I don't know fish, I've not heard too much from Dennis, but I'll sure ask him..... One t hing i have noticed i don't see too many goose neck rigs hauling cattle like  used to.... And not a single bull wagon for a while, I'm sure goin to hate those higher meat prices. And it's not like what most people think (well the farmers / ranchers sure are lining their pockets...... Ha! We never saw much of the money when prices went up.... It always ones to the middle man.....you'd think with row crop farmers .... Raising corn for gas would see some of that money, but naw ...... Not enough to even smile about.... And frankly i hate their raising corn for that pea brained green movement ..... It's a waist of time...... Global warming my !.... It's just one big lie.....look at this way...IF? Vehicle emotions are a slight cause... Then limit cars in the road... We all know that's an issue, but what do they do ? Allow all those cars yet try and take away guns ?! Wtf is wrong with those morons ?? 

Said from the patriot state of shooting things.... Lol! 

On December 3, 2022 at 6:32 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

If anyone was having issues with https://ialert.com/ weather service.... They have fixed what ever was going on..... Not sure if anyone subscribed, so just saying.... Cell phone warnings  and email warnings are working again. 

Also...... You have to know when the warnings and watches expire this is where..... https://www.weather.gov/ have any questions plz post them! 

We've had some major flooding take place here..... I've been doing my best to keep up with whats been going on ..... As of now.... 2.54 inches for the last 72 hours..... One house fire due to lightening.... No wind damage.... although...... The wind has been continuos 4-20 mph... Out of the southwest... Have been some road closures ....north in maury ..... With many more in middle tenn ..... Already have been some swift water rescues.... Warnings and watches keep coming up, and MTEARS  went on the air a few hours ago went live .... And storm spotters are out ..... I keep getting bits and parts of something bad on I-65.... No idea of what took place or whats still  happening ...... and No idea how much more flooding will take place, but i have water standing everywhere on my low laying land... Just a flat muddy mess...... I hope not too many people will be greatly effected by these storms.... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

We've had quite a bit of rain here.  Rained hard yesterday, stopped for a few hours yesterday afternoon, then rained on and off all night.

We need this.  Local river is as low as I've seen it (Mississippi River tributary).

We were dry all summer, but had an ok spring.  I've seen round bales like those pictured in Wilson's thread selling for $135 each down in Texas where they really had it bad this year.  Of course, with $5/gal diesel, hauling hay down there is a loser too.

• Like 1