Melatv

Weather

Yeah it's going to be one ill remember to.....i can't say in a good way with the carnage these storms left behind.... So goes the saying in like a lamb out like a lion

56 degrees this morning.  Winter has returned with a vengeance >>>>> Brrrrrrrrrr!   Only projected to get up to 74today for a high   And to make the weather worst.  They are forecasting some unfrozen percipatation which could result in coastal flooding. 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

56 degrees this morning.  Winter has returned with a vengeance >>>>> Brrrrrrrrrr!   Only projected to get up to 74today for a high   And to make the weather worst.  They are forecasting some unfrozen percipatation which could result in coastal flooding. 

53 here this morning looks like 71 high today. Yesterday we only made it to 65 high. Haven't seen much sun since Wednesday. 

Supposed to be low 60s today and tomorrow then cooling down Wednesday back into the 40s with 40% chance of rain. Thursday down into 30s again with 80% chance of rain and snow. Winter is not giving up here,the only good thing is it isn't jumping to solid days of 50s and 60s  that would cause our snow pack to melt quickly. All surrounding mountains are are at 120%+ snow pack. If it warms up too fast we are going to lose a lot of water really fast. Was hoping for a slower warm up

• Like 1

Same thing here minus the mountains. Melted quite a bit in the last two days. Still have close to 2' on the ground but going fast. People farther down the Mississippi from us are going to have a lot of problems.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, PROV said:

Same thing here minus the mountains. Melted quite a bit in the last two days. Still have close to 2' on the ground but going fast. People farther down the Mississippi from us are going to have a lot of problems.

River Stage in Baton Rouge is 34.73 this morning flood stage is 35' 

4 hours ago, riverc said:

River Stage in Baton Rouge is 34.73 this morning flood stage is 35' 

River is pretty high here and we hit 60 degrees before noon today. It's only about 80' wide in our area. You can throw a rock across it. I wouldn't want to live downstream this year (or any other). Good luck 🤞

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PROV said:

River is pretty high here and we hit 60 degrees before noon today. It's only about 80' wide in our area. You can throw a rock across it. I wouldn't want to live downstream this year (or any other). Good luck 🤞

There was just a special on , that they are trying to stop the Corps from opening the spillways if needed this year , cause when they do open them the massive amounts of freshwater  kills all the fish , crabs , shrimp  and oysters , BUT , if they don't open them , then it floods everyone out , Hmmmmmm ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

There was just a special on , that they are trying to stop the Corps from opening the spillways if needed this year , cause when they do open them the massive amounts of freshwater  kills all the fish , crabs , shrimp  and oysters , BUT , if they don't open them , then it floods everyone out , Hmmmmmm ! 

Who is they? That would destroy a lot of farmland & personal property if that was to happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, riverc said:

Who is they? That would destroy a lot of farmland & personal property if that was to happen.

Groups of activist , a collaboration of commercial fisherman, animal righters , tree huggers , etc --- surprised you didn't see that article , it was on the local news , I watch chaneel 8 Fox , WVUE--- seems they are gaining government support this time around , as the government had to pay off boucou money to the oyster fishermen , crabbers and shrimps last go round opening the spillways 

Here is one article , there are many 

https://neworleanscitybusiness.com/blog/2023/03/23/corps-of-engineers-appeals-ruling-on-spillway-openings/

3 hours ago, riverc said:

The goverment / USDA .... Have already ruled and regulated farm land owners almost to death... One more choke hold won't make that much of a defrence... But yeah i hope they consider the consequences ... 

4 hours ago, riverc said:

I think that is “ their “ plan. 

Hm..... Still trying to do things backa!!wards..... You say HAD to pay out ? I'm curious as to who made them do the righ thing in paying out for that misstake, brcause if that in fact happened, well they owe a lot more people ... For mistakes like that mess.... 

3 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

What rocking my camper right now.

20230413_054123.jpg

I figured you were getting soaked this morning -----    we have been so lucky , came close but the rain missed us yesterday , not a drop  and so far it is missing  us this morning 

Rain finally came thru yesterday evening about 1:30 with a vengeance  , a blast of 60+ mph winds led the charge , wow it was violent , took down some tree branches , threw chairs  around , blew down 3 wind chimes off the patio , blew the hat off my head 

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Rain finally came thru yesterday evening about 1:30 with a vengeance  , a blast of 60+ mph winds led the charge , wow it was violent , took down some tree branches , threw chairs  around , blew down 3 wind chimes off the patio , blew the hat off my head 

Got windy here too about same time it's a cool 58 this morning. Rain gauge has 1.5 inches.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, riverc said:

Got windy here too about same time it's a cool 58 this morning. Rain gauge has 1.5 inches.

A chilly start to the day @64 F here right now at 8:30 , going up to 74 from what they say , Coors is at 34F ready to  get after them , it's 5 o'clock somewhere 

• Like 1

Yesterday I could see my lawn. All day today it's been blowing and snowing. Winter just doesn't want to give up yet.

Looks like we have a week before we turn the corner. Delayed our canoe trip until May 1st. Hope the ice is out of the river by then. 🤞

• Like 1

We're just to the of dogwood winter... I believe locust is next up..... So far with the small hard freezes i don't see and damage, and I'm looking forward to black berries this year.... mays not but umpteen days off.... 

It rain a good part of Saturday  ------  Sunday was a beautiful day around here  , 74 degrees , lots of sun ---

• Like 2