Melatv

Weather

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

The weather has been great , mosquitos have not been bad , but the deer flies have been , yesterday evening right before dark , they came out with a vengeance , the wife went in and got some Bounce dryer sheets , those things work , rub it all over your clothes and skin , don't know about the on the skin thing , might kill you , who knows 

image.png

i dont like the smell of those dryer sheets, nor skin so soft. skin so soft keeps the flies off horses. if your an Edgar Cayce fan, i am one, the skin formula, keeps skeeters off ya. 6 oz peanut oil, 2 lanolin, rose water with glycerin, two olive oil. its  a bit tricky to make if ya use the lanolin that is not water based, and has a bit of sheep smell, ya get an the veterinary store.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LedFTed said:

i dont like the smell of those dryer sheets, nor skin so soft. skin so soft keeps the flies off horses. if your an Edgar Cayce fan, i am one, the skin formula, keeps skeeters off ya. 6 oz peanut oil, 2 lanolin, rose water with glycerin, two olive oil. its  a bit tricky to make if ya use the lanolin that is not water based, and has a bit of sheep smell, ya get an the veterinary store.

Them dryer sheets are over powering with the aroma.  Had a buddy stop by Sunday and he was like what is that smell. 

yes I know of Edgar Casey.  Was he into predicting mosquitos. ^^^^^^.     Lol.  

7 hours ago, LedFTed said:

skerters not so bad yet, ticks, another subject. all ready had three in the skin, an a few i could feel crawling in my shirt next to the skin.

last night 47, without chill factor, its i already 50. i dont adapt well to cold, time for the LJs.

Wow. 47 That’s chilli.  I can’t stand the  cold.  Anything less than 70 is cold for me.  We been right at 90 ever day but never hit it yet. 

Dryer sheets is an old trick... Been there.... As for skin so soft.... Never heard anyone say they worked for much more then keeping seed tics at bay... Garlic in the diet sure fire works.... But not only on insects lol! 

Read this a while back I've used those citrus candles ... I can't tell. Much defrence... But then again it could be the grill smoke and that combined .... I just know they should be here by now, but ū not a single bite...

""It might have something to do with the linalool present in the sheets, but there's also beta-citronellol in those sheets, which sounds derived from the same chemical base as those ever-present citronella candles (our chemistry degree seems to have been lost in the mail).""

1 hour ago, 56Sierra said:

Drier sheets and fabric softener are how a wife marks her territory. 

Them drier sheets  will take your breath away , it is like AXE deodorant body spray to the 5th power ( have you ever experienced AXE )  >>>>  I am impressed on how good dryer sheets work on deer flies ( small golden colored ones ) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Interesting watch.

• Like 1

Today is the first day of hurricane season !!!! >>>>

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Today is the first day of hurricane season !!!! >>>>

I heard with the El Nino coming together in the Pacific we could see less hurricanes this season hope they right.

• Like 1

yellowstone, erupts, mini ice-age. politicians cause most climate changes.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

87 just an hour ago, followed by 61 tonight. my kind of weather.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LedFTed said:

87 just an hour ago, followed by 61 tonight. my kind of weather.

We got to 91 today was hot but humidity wasn't bad. Finally dried up enough to cut 4-Wheeler trail grass & weeds were getting tall in the center 

• Like 1

Finally had a day of sunlight after about 2 weeks of clouds and rain.

• Like 2

We got 1/4 inch of well needed rain last night. Vegetable plants look happy this morning looks like more chances this week.

• Like 1

We went 4 wheeling yesterday and it was the driest I ever seen it in the almost 14 years  we been living here -------- 

We cut a lot of new trails , seen a big dead animal chewed up by something , couldn't even tell what it was but boy did it stink , would guess a deer ,  seen two coyotes really close not far from the caucus , that was spooky , rode up to a spot we stop at all the time under  big oak , killed the bikes and a minute after we stopped , these two coyotes jump up 30 feet away and take off running , guess they were laying out , I should have  gone and looked for a bed and peed on it , LOL ,  never seen a snake , that is a first , guess it was too hot and dry for them --- stood hydrated 

• Like 2

On 6/4/2023 at 8:24 AM, Fishfiles said:

We went 4 wheeling yesterday and it was the driest I ever seen it in the almost 14 years  we been living here -------- 

We cut a lot of new trails , seen a big dead animal chewed up by something , couldn't even tell what it was but boy did it stink , would guess a deer ,  seen two coyotes really close not far from the caucus , that was spooky , rode up to a spot we stop at all the time under  big oak , killed the bikes and a minute after we stopped , these two coyotes jump up 30 feet away and take off running , guess they were laying out , I should have  gone and looked for a bed and peed on it , LOL ,  never seen a snake , that is a first , guess it was too hot and dry for them --- stood hydrated 

Same up here Fish.  Dry as a popcorn fart.  We got an inch May 12th and 1/2 inch on the 27th.  Other than that no rain for a month.  Riding the wheelers now results in eating dust the whole time.

• Like 1

Just now, 56Sierra said:

We're forecast a low of 41 tonight.

You must be north of the Masson Dixon this evening , eh ? 

Just now, Fishfiles said:

You must be north of the Masson Dixon this evening , eh ? 

For a while there I thought I was north of the Arctic Circle.  If it wasn't for the smoke from the wildfires we'd be having beautiful nights for the telescope.

PXL_20230605_025541800.NIGHT.jpg

• Like 2

The Canadian smoke made its way to NC today. Crazy how it can travel so far. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chevymec said:

The Canadian smoke made its way to NC today. Crazy how it can travel so far. 

what are they smoking up there, it looked smoky in ky, where im at.

highs in mid 70s, lows in high 40s, i think its going to be 49 tonight.

Edited by LedFTed