Melatv

Weather

I tell you what, it sure isn't like it was last year.  We had so much snow and cold temps in 2019 I didn't think winter was ever going to end, we're supposed to have mid-40's by weeks end.  Certainly not normal, however our snow pack in the mountains is above normal, and we haven't had jack down here in the valley.  I've only used my plow twice and even then it didn't amount to hardly anything.  Here's some pics from last year, we had 32" in one day at one point, was glad I stayed ahead of it throughout the day.

20190227_212455.jpg

20190301_092634.jpg

20190301_092643.jpg

20190301_092659.jpg

20190305_090111.jpg

20190305_090117.jpg

20190305_081643.jpg

• Like 1

Kids and I took a walk yesterday afternoon (I MADE them LOL).  I picked up all the litter in our neighborhood while they pushed the stroller.  I wore shorts, flipflops, and a long sleeved Tshirt.  Think it got into the low 60's here yesterday.

yep....the wife and  I spent our valentines weekend on the beach...now in fairness it was only in the upper 50s..but a light jacket and we were good to go..this is the view from our balcony...life is hard sometimes (grin)

isleofpalms.jpg

Yeah you pretty much suck right now Lol. Good for you guys I probably would have done the same if the opportunity was there. Nice view, I love the ocean  But would not necessarily want to live next to it specially on the East Coast with hurricanes. Give me a good old fashioned blizzard any day lol

LOL...yeah.. I had that comin....  it does mess with the brain a bit to be mid Feb...we don't live down there... we're about 3 hours inland, so whenever I head to the coast, even for a weekend, a day on the dock catching small sharks, or on the beach like this walking in the sand...yeah...coming back to the office and the threat of snow flurries by this Thursday...totally screws me up.

When you say your are 3 hrs inland where is that? I don't see you on the members map. and what beach is that?

Beautiful day today. Not a cloud in the sky, which means very cold tonight. Already at 0 Fahrenheit and still dropping.

20200219_155202.jpg

• Like 1

-18C @ 04:30 clear cold night here after the 4" of snow we got last night.

It's been some what pleasant here ...... Mid 40's  , And , Thankfully no more flooding ..... 

Hey, ff, you sleeping with the windows open again ??

Was a little colder than I thought last night, -10 this morning.  No wonder my nose and ears were cold this morning. Another cloudless day in the Gallatin Valley.

20200220_080620.jpg

20200220_080708.jpg

20200220_081758.jpg

Lots of trails to ride in them there mountains. They're not  As far away as they look. The phone cameras don't represent that very well. This Valley is about 30 miles  Wide by 35 to 40 long, mountains pretty much on all sides loaded with trails😁

Brrrr!   Was 38 and pouring rain when I walked out to the shop at 5AM, and 34 here and sleeting when I headed to work at 8.  Supposed to stop in a bit and get windy this afternoon, get into the low 40's.

Yall can have that sub zero stuff.  I HATE being cold.  When I go duck hunting I look like the little brother in "A Christmas Story"  (I can't put my arms down!).  I might not be able to move, but at least I'm not freezing.

It's 48 and raining at 10:00 a.m,maybe get to 51 later this afternoon.Not bad if we had some sunshine.

On 2/18/2020 at 10:24 PM, Freedomflyer said:

When you say your are 3 hrs inland where is that? I don't see you on the members map. and what beach is that?

that beach pic is Isle of Palms in Charleston SC area.  my second home is about 45 mins south of there in a town called Beaufort SC...family still lives there, and that's where I do some of the boating I talked about.  Primary residence is inland near Charlotte NC....where they are panic'd today as we are expecting...maybe  3 snowflakes...yessir...bread n milk rush is on I'm sure (grin)...actually might see 1-2inches on the grass..but it's been far too warm for it to impact roads..until late tonight when we'll drop into the 20s and then black ice for the morning commute... I'll plan to work from the house in the morning rather than getting out on the interstate with the craziness..although.. I am due for a new car (grin)...let em hit me.

• Haha 1

Well, we all have our crosses to bear. I'll put up with the cold For the lack of people. That's one thing I can say that keeps the population down. And one thing I'm grateful for is that we have  About   200 days of sunshine a year. Only rain in the Spring time and late fall. And no hurricanes or flooding. Y'all can have that stuff down South

Edited by Freedomflyer

This crazy weather here has got the snow fleas out by the billions 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Freedomflyer said:

Well, we all have our crosses to bear. I'll put up with the cold For the lack of people. That's one thing I can say that keeps the population down. And one thing I'm grateful for is that we have  About   200 days of sunshine a year. Only rain in the Spring time and late fall. And no hurricanes or flooding. Y'all can have that stuff down South

Well I can't stand the cold....until it warms up a bit and the dang skeeters eat me alive while I'm trying to work on something outside.

1 hour ago, Melatv said:

This crazy weather here has got the snow fleas out by the billions 

What is a snow flea ?? 

Ice roaches and snow fleas , two things I never heard of till today , my first impression is that both are mythical and I am being sucked into a hoax  , lol 

Snow fleas   after a quick search comes up legit : " Hypogastrura nivicola is a species of dark blue springtail. Its English name is snow flea, but there are also insects called by that name. They are often seen jumping about on the surface of snow on a warm winter day in North America."

Ice roaches , I don't about that yet