Melatv

Weather

14 hours ago, mrbb said:

well it is now 50 F here and getting warmer they say by morning MID 50's

they said 30's this morning and now changed there minds on temps, as seems a warm front moved in? LOL

and now calling for 5 days of rain, then a COLD front with snow mixed in with the rain,

so mid 50's tomorrow morning and SNOW by days end! and then mix of rain rest of week?

went like 100+ days with rain this spring/summer. with it raining every 40 hours, I am SURE hoping winter ain;t going to be this way

not sure what happened to just SNOW In winter time, but these rains this time of yr SUCK IMO!

as temps drop, it gets all ice, and  ice is way harder to deal with than snow!

68 here last night at 9PM.  33 now with snow showers.

• Like 1

It warmed up to plus 10C last night and heavy rain, everything is icy now.

I got to ride thru the front passing into New Orleans today , it was wild thing to experience , was on I-10 in Metairie heading west , hit the line where it was dark and light and it stretched out as far as I could see each way , the thermometer was at 79F , in 5 miles it was at 61F , 18 degree drop in less than 5 minutes as I was going 75mph  

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I got to ride thru the front passing into New Orleans today , it was wild thing to experience , was on I-10 in Metairie heading west , hit the line where it was dark and light and it stretched out as far as I could see each way , the thermometer was at 79F , in 5 miles it was at 61F , 18 degree drop in less than 5 minutes as I was going 75mph  

Was on deer stand early,temperature was steady falling and raining all day.Deer were not moving in daylight,they will tonight like every night.Stayed dry in the ground blind,only leaks a little at the Windows.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, riverc said:

Was on deer stand early,temperature was steady falling and raining all day.Deer were not moving in daylight,they will tonight like every night.Stayed dry in the ground blind,only leaks a little at the Windows.

My buddy is in the box stand  right now , it's 51F , it was over  80 today , so that was a big drop fast  , the wind is blowing hard , I'd say 25mph , hate to say it but I hope I don't get a call , had a hot shower and really tired , he only has 16 minutes more of legal shooting time , but if he downs one of them bucks , it might wake me up 

29 minutes ago, riverc said:

• Like 1

My buddy  didn't see anything this evening , said to was too way windy , it is suppose to rain 80% tonight and be 40F in the morning , I should go sit out there at daylight ----  50/50% deer/ Boston Butt with  pineapple and pepper jack sausage is my new favorite 

• Like 3

We had a freaky thing happen yesterday , on 12/12 @ 12:12am central time was a full moon , what are the chances of that , 12/12/12/12 --------  

today is Friday the 13th !   

coincidence or what

13th of Friday was given the hype to be a bad luck day because  it was  the day the Templar Knights were setup for elimination  by the King of France by a surprise attack on them , as he  thought they were becoming too rich and powerful and was mad at them as  they didn't lend him money when he wanted it , Templars  were the first banking system with checks and ATMs , so he wanted to eliminate them and take their riches , but  the Templars loaded up their stuff and moved to North America , which they had known about long before Columbus who used their maps to get where he did ,  they buried their riches in a pit on  Oak Island off the coast of Nova Scotia for safe keeping and started up the United States with " 13 " original colonies and have since been obsessed with the number 13 , just look at a dollar bill  , 13 arrows in the eagles talons , 13 branches on the tree in his other talons  , 13 levels on the pyramid with the All Seeing Eye being the 13th  ------  it is a wild story , fact or fiction is up to you , I love history , there is so much yet to be known about the past , maybe there were 13 aliens on the first space ship  to land here on Earth -----  LOL 

• Like 2

... and 13 families rule the earth. The royals and their bankers. The occulted own every gubmint corporation on earth. And own and control every human mind on the planet.

They've had UFOs since before WWII. Remember the Foo-Fighters...? Roswell was one of theirs too.

EDIT: They use symbolism to communicate ownership and allies. 11, 22, 33 and 66 are master prime numbers, each prime number have their own unique meanings. 666 is their propaganda.... it means nothing to them. They aren't religious at all, they are the providers of false religion.

9/11 was made for TV... much of it was filmed and narrated beforehand. They killed JFK on 11/22... the number 22 denotes FATAL change of direction for humanity. JFK was the only Catholic President in our history. I forget the number... but someone did a genealogy study on our past Presidents and discovered that all but two could be traced back to the same royalty bloodline.

Trump is their Chump too.

• Like 1

I was reading about all the 33s that are involved in the Apollo space missions , too many to be coincidence 

• Like 1

The real (and only) mafia. The art of rule by corporations.

Just woke up 4:30 in the morning and it is 50F , suppose to be in the 60s today , nice , just read a text that my buddy is going to be in the deer box this morning , not me , I am going to have some coffee and watch some  cartoons 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Just woke up 4:30 in the morning and it is 50F , suppose to be in the 60s today , nice , just read a text that my buddy is going to be in the deer box this morning , not me , I am going to have some coffee and watch some  cartoons 

Well its 57 at my place 10: 00 am no hunting today,need to go check cameras to see if we have any deer on the property.Went yesterday did not see nothing.Bet they are there just smarter than the hunters,moving around feeding at night.

OK I am officially SICK of ICE

this weather any more just SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!

its winter, its below freezing., why the ! is it raining??

been raining now since 8 pm last night, and 2 pm now!

below freezing, so all the rain is doing is falling and freezing, have a good 1/2 inch of ice coating everything, my street looks like a frozen river

there NOW calling for 5+ days of below freezing temps, so, AIN"T Like this ice is going any where any time soon!)

and worse yet there calling for a a few inches of snow, which will just insulate the ice and keep it from melting, adding  slick coating of snow on top of slick ice, is NO help or fun!

had one deer already show up with a broken leg today!

all yr we been having countless  temp swings, going a 100% in different directions in temps, from 90 to 40 to 20 to 60 degree's and so on, ,  in 24 hours periods,

and   NOW we need a warm up to get rid of dam ice

and none in sight !!

heck calling for snow on top of this ice, with temps staying below freezing for next 5-6 days!

I can handle snow, , rain even,  even heat and cold, but this dam  ice, its terrible!!

I cannot imagine what and how many accidents are happening from it, NO plans to leave my place till its gone!, heck NOT even sure I could get out of my UP hill drive way if I wanted too, 4x4 or not, its a sheet of ice on a slope right now?

I might end up breaking out the propane torch just to melt some so I can walk without killing myself

as I know as I got older, the ground seemed to get harder when I fall LOL

17 minutes ago, mrbb said:

OK I am officially SICK of ICE

this weather any more just SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!

its winter, its below freezing., why the ! is it raining??

been raining now since 8 pm last night, and 2 pm now!

below freezing, so all the rain is doing is falling and freezing, have a good 1/2 inch of ice coating everything, my street looks like a frozen river

there NOW calling for 5+ days of below freezing temps, so, AIN"T Like this ice is going any where any time soon!)

and worse yet there calling for a a few inches of snow, which will just insulate the ice and keep it from melting, adding  slick coating of snow on top of slick ice, is NO help or fun!

had one deer already show up with a broken leg today!

all yr we been having countless  temp swings, going a 100% in different directions in temps, from 90 to 40 to 20 to 60 degree's and so on, ,  in 24 hours periods,

and   NOW we need a warm up to get rid of dam ice

and none in sight !!

heck calling for snow on top of this ice, with temps staying below freezing for next 5-6 days!

I can handle snow, , rain even,  even heat and cold, but this dam  ice, its terrible!!

I cannot imagine what and how many accidents are happening from it, NO plans to leave my place till its gone!, heck NOT even sure I could get out of my UP hill drive way if I wanted too, 4x4 or not, its a sheet of ice on a slope right now?

I might end up breaking out the propane torch just to melt some so I can walk without killing myself

as I know as I got older, the ground seemed to get harder when I fall LOL

Ever thought of spending the winters in Arizona or Florida?

MrBB , If God give you lemons , then you make lemon aid , if he gives you ice , make some Margaritas !!! 

• Like 2

did you'll read about that tornado that was on the ground for 65 miles , WOW !!!! It was pretty bad here last night , but it was much later than they forecasted , got colder , windy and wet -------  I don't want to work  and I am hanging out today ,  chillin' in the back woods 

That's rare for a tornado to stay on the ground  that long in La. Man what a change from yesterday,body is in shock was planning to hunt today,but that wind is howling and cold.Those deer probably will stay in the thickets till this wind dies down.

• Like 1

well guys, yes I did hear about your tornado, and feel for those that got damaged by it, them things are nasty any time of yr!

and as for me moving to a warmer place, no never ever entered my mind, I like snow, been a snowmobile almost all my life, so, I wouldn;'t even want to live where there isn;t snow.

its the dam ICE I hate,  most all my winters ICE like this has been RARE like once every 10 yrs

BUT the past 3 winters in a  row now its several times a week at times, with ICE, NOT snow, or just cold temps, but tons of rains in winter, something we never had before!

its NOT normal winters here no more, BIG difference iin winters here since about 2014 which was our last some what normal winter

ever since then things just ben wild with temps wings,

even having 60-70 degree days in dec and Jan and feb

so, its NOT right!!

NOW back to this ice

well, had me a first here today

I have wild life here all the time and when weather is like this and its NOT hunting season, I will help feed some things a little corn, have a feeder here I will fill in bad times

today, about 20 deer laying in back yard staring at all my windows, every time I look out a window there is one eyeballing me up LOL

as they too know the drill, when things get bad, food shows up here??

SO< I start feeling back and make an attempt to go outside and throw some corn in feeder!

trying to get down the deck steps was an adventure, and I salted the crap out of them an hour in advance, but the 1/2 inch thick ice, ain't melting much with new rain falling and freezing on top!

I manage to get down steps, and now its a DOWN hill on an angled slope(think side hill ) to my shed where I have the corn and then down an even   steeper hill to feeder!

everything and I mean everything has a 1/2 inch of ice on it

once at bottom of steps, I literally SLIDE like on ice skates PAST my shed half way down hill, and just out of control slide! LOL

NOW< below shed, and sort of STUCK there, couldn;t take a step forward, every time I tried I went farther backwards!@#~

NOW thinking this was a BAD idea,  deer down below looking at me like HURRY up where HUNGRY ! LOL

as even they had no plans to run or move as must be super hard on them with skinny legs and hard feet on ice like this!

I ended up down on my hands and knee's crawling to get to my shed

filled a 5 gallon bucket, and then SAT ON bucket and slide down PAST Feeder, lucky a NICE tree stopped me before going too far down

pretty sure deer were laughing at me !

NOW< below feeder and STUCK there, attempted the crawl and pull bucket deal and got NO where??
 I was STUCK on the side of a hill

NEVER had this happen before ??

The four letter words were a flowing pretty good, thinking what a moron I must be out here in this crap! like what a BRIGHT IDEA THIS WAS????

so, here I am STUCK now  

what to do

well, Back to crawling> I managed to break a rock loose and was able to chisels away some hand grips and foot holds

to get me to my feeder, which is covered by a HUGE hemlock pine tree, so NOT Much ice near feeder, was able to stand back up and  re think things??

Shed about 50 yards away now, UP hill, then have to go UP hill across a slope to get back to deck??

after about 45 minutes of crawling and sliding BACK where I started a few times, and lots of cursing, soaking wet now too!, as I didn;t plan to be out there so long or would have dress better!

I managed to make it back to my house!

NOW< I DO OWN Ice grippers for boots, BUT as I went out, thinking I would be FINE without em  LOL
so lesson l learned on that thought process!

and I am 100% positive there ain;t NO way in ! my truck is moving any where till this crap melts

gravity wins when ice is down! 4x4 or not!

so, that was my day, deer seem happy, now all laying at feeder,a s I doubt they too want to try and go any where till it melts!

I see one with a  broken leg already!

MrBB , I hear you on the ice , that don't sound like much fun ..... 

I am glad we got all this global warming going on , I couldn't handle it without it , right now at my house it is 39F , 20mph wind , 75% humidity and no sun today , worst day in a while , tomorrow is suppose to be colder 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

MrBB , I hear you on the ice , that don't sound like much fun ..... 

I am glad we got all this global warming going on , I couldn't handle it without it , right now at my house it is 39F , 20mph wind , 75% humidity and no sun today , worst day in a while , tomorrow is suppose to be colder 

well global warming, climate change or what ever TERM someone wishes to use, I say weather AIN"T normal no more, things that for centuries could be counted on are  no longer valid

its snowing here now  so I now have a good inch on top of a 1/2 inch of ice

breaking out the propane torch tomorrow and going to try and see what it does on this much cold ice/snow!

as having to wait till MAYBE Sunday to see if things warm up enough to melt any, is a LONG wait and gamble!

even my township has NOT been up or down my road with a plow or salt truck, my street looks sketchy haven't seen a vehicle leave or come in all day!

Well, complaining and cussing to us ain't gonna do ya any good. Sure it's depressing living in the overpopulated east, on a hilltop in a well known troughing corridor, less than 100 miles from the ocean and more than 200 miles from any meaningful snowpack. If you really expect or desire a different normal, then you'll have to move where you will be happier. I know this because it took me 50 years to discover that I needed to move north to find happiness, comfort and freedom. Expect no mercy 'til ya do.

My 6 years old grand daughter visits this forum, as do several of my religious neighbors, friends and their children. Please refrain from intentionally cussing.

• Like 4

MrBB ----  Maybe you can become a snow bird , migrate down to da'bayou  when the ice starts to make you stir crazy , then when it melts head on back to the house , them bears will watch your place while your gone 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

MrBB ----  Maybe you can become a snow bird , migrate down to da'bayou  when the ice starts to make you stir crazy , then when it melts head on back to the house , them bears will watch your place while your gone 

Fish I had wings I would fly some place else, but as is, honestly I am STUCK here, gravity and thick ice, ain't letting my truck move up my drive way

breaking out the flame thrower soon to see if I can melt some LOL

this sucks

have 2+ inches on top right now, too! and still snowing now!

well took me 40 lbs of propane to torch my drive way enough to get truck up to top of hill and a walking oath  to shed and feeder!

and snowing like mad the whole, time, so minus my melted pathways, everything under the snow now is ICE, its like one of them memory games now, to NOT step off the melted path onto the darn ice LOL

that 2 B gravel I have down, is like a yard full of iced over marbles, thank God I don;t  have  job no more and have to DO things here!

as I'd be calling off and getting nothing done  !  my buddy fell yesterday on the ice by his house and shattered his wrist, now needs a few surgery's  and some pin's put in to try and keep it working!

I seen 3 cars leave my road today, LOL>< normally see about a 100!+ a day in and out here!

so, I gather some folks are using there heads and staying HOME rather than risking a crash!

Edited by mrbb
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mrbb said:

well took me 40 lbs of propane to torch my drive way enough to get truck up to top of hill and a walking oath  to shed and feeder!

and snowing like mad the whole, time, so minus my melted pathways, everything under the snow now is ICE, its like one of them memory games now, to NOT step off the melted path onto the darn ice LOL

that 2 B gravel I have down, is like a yard full of iced over marbles, thank God I don;t  have  job no more and have to DO things here!

as I'd be calling off and getting nothing done  !  my buddy fell yesterday on the ice by his house and shattered his wrist, now needs a few surgery's  and some pin's put in to try and keep it working!

I seen 3 cars leave my road today, LOL>< normally see about a 100!+ a day in and out here!

so, I gather some folks are using there heads and staying HOME rather than risking a crash!

Glad you got a path now...The more you talk about all the ice and snow the less I miss it.Been a mild fall for us and hope winter is the same.

Was out hunting today seen a couple does no bucks chasing yet.Brought my new buddy heater today stayed toasty in the ground blind.Will be good on a cold day when really needed.

• Like 1