Melatv

Weather

wow, fish.... bet it shocked a few people down there, same forcast played true here, over night drizzle, with temps staying around 40, and of corse the trucks were out spraying the roads, i recall when we had to have accumulation on the roads before they would come out, now just a few flakes and the road super goes into a panic lol. 

58 minutes ago, PROV said:

12 degrees here. Sitting on 7" of ice crappie fishing over 28' of water.

IMG_20201216_104105551.jpg

IMG_20201216_104131612_HDR.jpg

That makes me shiver just looking at it.

It started snowing about 11am today. So far about we have about 4". Forecast is for 4-8" more snow by tomorrow morning.  Took this pic of my house about 15 minutess ago when I came home from work.

IMG_0595.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Scotticus said:

It started snowing about 11am today. So far about we have about 4". Forecast is for 4-8" more snow by tomorrow morning.  Took this pic of my house about 15 minutess ago when I came home from work.

IMG_0595.jpg

Pretty place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Scotticus

ya got a nice tree line. hope the rest of the ground is like that. i dont see the neighbors house :classic_smile:

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

We have about 2 feet of snow. The wife's Tesla got stuck in the driveway and we can't move it. lol. My quad with the plow wouldn't even make a dent. Time for the snowblowers. I'll get pics when it's light out.

• Like 1

2 feet.  No thank you.  This is the view off the front porch.  Might have 5" at the most.  After I get the porches cleaned, the driveway plowed and the feeders tended we most likely will go ride in the woods.

20201217_073247.jpg

• Like 3

Shoveling out, at 5:30 am. No success car is still there on top of the snow. Too funny. Need to regroup. Having coffee and it's still snowing.

snowXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.jpg

Snoxxxxxxxx.jpg

Snowxxxxx.jpg

• Like 5

Woke up to -18C here this morning, the storm hitting you folks is supposed to hit south of where I'm at....

It's been near perfect here in WI. Little wind, lows in the teens, highs around 32 F. No precipitation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Quadjunkie said:

Shoveling out, at 5:30 am. No success car is still there on top of the snow. Too funny. Need to regroup. Having coffee and it's still snowing.

wow! now that's a snow fall! i doubt any atv with a plow would make a dent less she had tracks. same weather here, low of 27, climbing to the mid forties, with no precipitation expected.  @Quadjunkie your not on the members map, don't recall if you ever said where abouts you call your home state. 

Car is out of the snowbank 2 feet from the garage. The big snow blower wouldn't start.... Used these two and did ok. At 31" of snow now,

3333.jpg

222222.jpg

444444444.jpg

555555555.jpg

• Like 5

I used to have one of those little Toro blowers.  That thing got abused big time and don't recall ever having one problem with it.  The deeper the snow the harder I rammed it.

• Like 1

That Toro is my go too. Turns out that orange Husqvarna looks like it had a mud bee hive around the carb area. I just picked up that blue battery powered 13" SunJoe this fall. I couldn't wait to use it. It does a great job, but its kind of heavy after an hour of use. 

Here's a pic you don't see every day. I snapped the pic and shut the door. 

money.jpg

Edited by Quadjunkie
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

The deeper the snow the harder I rammed it.

"Insert snow snake joke here"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, LedFTed said:

@Scotticus

ya got a nice tree line. hope the rest of the ground is like that. i dont see the neighbors house :classic_smile:

My closest neighbor is a half mile away.  We ended up getting a foot of snow

IMG_0598.jpg

• Like 1

a half a mile away, i could stand that. 23f last night. not much wind. supposed to be near the 50s in a few days, during the day.

20 hours ago, LedFTed said:

a half a mile away, i could stand that. 23f last night. not much wind. supposed to be near the 50s in a few days, during the day.

you called it Ted, temps started climbing last night from 25, to 34, then a high so far of 50 today. just hope it last for a few days ... 

Got a little snow here overnight, maybe an inch, just enough for me to go out and play with the plow, mild temps +1C right now, might rain a bit this afternoon....

• Like 1

so far a high of 60 a couple days before Christmas ? i dont recall ever seeing this, not that I'm complaining, lol  a couple nieghbors are mowing, some are grilling out... I've used less firewood then i ever have for this time of the year. just makes me think, jan, and feb, might be one for the books down south...  if this is the kinda weather you have this time of the year fish, then, yeah, moving further south would set with me just fine!! even farmers are saving money, not feeding so many bales, less fuel ussage, hours on equipment, etc.  

We have a winter storm going on. 5 degrees and falling, winds since this morning to 45mph and some snow. Very little visibility. Wind chill close to minus 30 tonight.

• Like 1