Melatv

Weather

My dog woke me up , she hates thunder , 2:00 in the morning and it is coming down hard , satellite just went out , lights flickered , flash lights in reaching distance  , batten down the hatches , this is like a hurricane  

• Like 2

We have another 5" nuisance snow coming this afternoon.  Just got the last one all cleaned up and the gravel put back on the driveway yesterday. 

• Like 1

I just found out that the 50 degrees it is right now at daylight is the high for the day , 30 tomorrow morning 

• Like 1

looks like y'all got the tail end of what passed through my area last night, high wind, rain off and on, i picked up lightening static on the short wave, but never saw a flash, or heard a clap, but the temp change ?? 60 to a low of 33 this morning, 

https://www.tornadohq.com/live/

• Like 2

We are supposed to be getting hammered later today. Really wish it would snow so the boys can have a white Christmas like I did in '89.

• Like 3

I've been digging out every day sense the 31" of snow we got. Note to self, start from the top and go down. Need to pull the snow off the roof the day of the storm not one or two days later when it's double the weight. 

We got up to two inches of rain coming with high winds tonight and tomorrow. 

There are days I just want to sell and rent a place...LOL.

🎄 everybody......

• Like 1

16f tonight. in a couple of days, 56 during the day, 34 at night, go figure. wind chill is supposed to be in the single digits. aint no wind. ya gotta love weather predictions.

just like the Wuhan flu. WHO still aint got that right. Dr. foutchy aint neither. opps, wrong forum, sorta. Chimp looking Doctor., well trained. just needs an accordion, an a peanut cup..

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

+5C @ 5:30 am Christmas morning, this is warm, still have almost a foot of snow in the yard, snow is melted off the roof, can't see Santa's tracks......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TBRider said:

+5C @ 5:30 am Christmas morning, this is warm, still have almost a foot of snow in the yard, snow is melted off the roof, can't see Santa's tracks......

melted off the roof of course. Santa dont leave tracks...

no snow here just plain cold 15 over night, and a high (predicted) of 29 ..... with humidity of 29% there no chance of snow coming soon, Ted i sure hope your right about back into the 50's , you were right last time, maybe about time to purchase a lottery ticket, eh ? 

• Like 1

it was 36 at daylight be me , 46 now at 11:00 , just split some wood for a fire , inside warming up , LOL 46 is cold !

• Like 1

I'd still move further south, the further south, Alabama, does see a tad more severe wether then we do up here, at least over the years, it's been that way, but I'll take a hurricane, over what we see here all year long any day, I'm flat more tired of all the flooding, I've seen in my life time. and for the ice storms ?? i could do without those too. 

• Like 1

Just now, _Wilson_™ said:

I'd still move further south, the further south, Alabama, does see a tad more severe wether then we do up here, at least over the years, it's been that way, but I'll take a hurricane, over what we see here all year long any day, I'm flat more tired of all the flooding, I've seen in my life time. and for the ice storms ?? i could do without those too. 

Was flipping channels and seen Tom Brady being interviewed  , he said he lived and played in New England for 21years , now he lives and plays in Florida  , said he don't even want to go back to visit ----   LOL 

• Like 1

i heard that, I've had my days of freezing feeding cows on an open station tracter, breaking ice on ponds where they could get water, i just have no use for wether this cold any longer, i kinda think @Quadjunkie might be feeling the same according to his other post... before i had the wood furness installed, my electric bill would sometimes be as high $700 a month, gas also very high, the wood furness install, plus friends and family being here, is about the only reason i stayed, the local family owned shops, restaurants, and locally owned businesses have just about all closed, so you hardly ever see those friends any longer, so... i just have one more deal to close, then the choice can be slightly easier. miss Annie's market, Nolan's bbq, jakes feed stare, columbia grain, and mill, marshals machine works, bake equiptment, southern live stock, not to mention all the farmers. rippy industrail supply (i heard was closing) i knew the entire family! my uncle Wayne's country store. the list goes on, and on.... 

• Like 1

Wilson , come on down  ----  My electric bill last month was $169 , the house is total electric , only gas I use is the grill and the only wood I chop is the fire pit outside 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Wilson , come on down  ----  My electric bill last month was $169 , the house is total electric , only gas I use is the grill and the only wood I chop is the fire pit outside 

My electric bill was $120.00 last month here, 3 wood stoves for heat... cut and split around 10 cord of wood a year.And mow about 5 acres of lawn....lol

Edited by TBRider
  • Like 1

It was warmer at my place today than it was in parts of Florida.....

20201225_195537.jpg

• Like 2

Hi: My hydro bill last month was $344.83 -- all electric heat -- years back I did burn 7 cord of wood in the winter months.

• Like 3

Woke up to +13C(56F) and rain, tee shirt weather for boxing day 2020.....

• Like 3

Had something odd happen last night, the rear access panel had been Jared loose, and 17 degrees, along with the north wind blowing the domestic water heat exchanger froze, even with the water faucet dripping! this is first year it's been this cold sence i had the new exchanger installed, this one doesnt work like the heat coil built into the furness, this one works when you actually use hot water, i had already planned for such an issue with a heat lamp mounted inside the back pump area, but the bulb had burned out (just my luck) i went replaced the bulb, and used a heat gun to thaw out the exchanger, so far so good, that would have been a nice chunk of change if i hadn't caught it in time. 

last night 17 for the high, with temps climbing this morning at the moment,  a warm (ha!) 25 degrees. 

• Like 3

Temps dropped this afternoon and now we are at 3C and snow.....

Rain washed away the foot of snow we had....

• Like 1

20's this am and up to 43f right now.  Storm didn't really do much the other night just wet and soggy everywhere.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 8:43 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

Had something odd happen last night, the rear access panel had been Jared loose, and 17 degrees, along with the north wind blowing the domestic water heat exchanger froze, even with the water faucet dripping! this is first year it's been this cold sence i had the new exchanger installed, this one doesnt work like the heat coil built into the furness, this one works when you actually use hot water, i had already planned for such an issue with a heat lamp mounted inside the back pump area, but the bulb had burned out (just my luck) i went replaced the bulb, and used a heat gun to thaw out the exchanger, so far so good, that would have been a nice chunk of change if i hadn't caught it in time. 

last night 17 for the high, with temps climbing this morning at the moment,  a warm (ha!) 25 degrees. 

I think there is a certain type of heat tape you can wrap around and plug in. Better then a light bulb in this case.

This is what I've been using to control heaters, cooling fans etc.  The RR crossings with gates have to keep frost off the electrical contacts inside the gate mechanism.   I used to install a 25 watt resistance heater controlled by one of these snap switches.  Pick one that closes about 35* F and place it in an area that gets the coldest.  Wire it in series with a heat tape and the heat tape will last one helluva lot longer.

http://senasys.com/34-snap-disc-thermostats