Melatv

Weather

44 minutes ago, Quadjunkie said:

I think there is a certain type of heat tape you can wrap around and plug in. Better then a light bulb in this case.

yes, but, it wasn't the pex line that froze, just the heat exchanger, (just left of the plug) but the main reason was the access panel that somehow, became Jared loose, and that shouldn't have happened, i meen it never has before, Bcs you had asked about a pic .. so here it is. before and after, the brass elbows are sharkbite, slip them on the pex line they seal, and lock in place, but are removable, they also straight types t-fittings, y- fitting, double -t, extended lenght types different diameters, etc. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

This morning it was 32 at daylight and ice on my truck window  , it's 10:30 now and 61 degrees , crazy weather 

• Like 2

@_Wilson_™
if you wrap that with bubble wrap a few layers it will help, if you keep the wind off it, usually stuff like that will keep itself warm.

Edited by TBRider
  • Like 1

yeah that was the deal tbrider, (if the panel was closed like it should have been, it wouldnt havent froze) the wind got to the exchanger because the access panel was removed, that's what i don't get, its never happened in all the years (1997) I've had the furness, has me thinking someone might have been messing around up here, while was away over the holidays,but nothing else was messed with, what comes to mind is i keep a few parts stashed back there and Dennis (who rents my farm) also has a unit just like mine, i did tell him in the past, i had some spare parts ( sharkbite couplers) stashed in there, so it might have been him, ( that i don't have a problem with ). thank you quadjunkie, i love it, but it's a job keeping enough wood hauled in, lol, i have this tool, (never used much) but I'd like to have one like this, before i got the horseshoe, i used a crescent wrench, or channel locks. 

anyways, didnt mean to go off topic. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™

On 12/25/2020 at 11:47 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

no snow here just plain cold 15 over night, and a high (predicted) of 29 ..... with humidity of 29% there no chance of snow coming soon, Ted i sure hope your right about back into the 50's , you were right last time, maybe about time to purchase a lottery ticket, eh ? 

no, i'll settle for another trifecta. better odds. i think lottery tickets are more fixed than betting the pony's.

the heat exchanger, can have many problems. it might not be Dennis., just the way the system is layed out.  some know HVAC, some dont.

Edited by LedFTed
because

nah it's not the heat exchanger .... it stays warm enought in the back, as long as the panel is in place the issue was the panel was removed with a north wind blowing, this unti was installed by Sam bass, (authorized hardy furness dealer / tech) and myself, and the answer is..... Dennis came up and got some sharkbite fittings, and did not set the panel back in place correctly,  but did leave some cash for the parts, lol, so it's all good, no damage done. haven't had any issue sense 97. so it's (the lay out) piped correctly. this is not a HVAC system, it sends heated water to a heater exchanger built  into the HVAC system under the house. (180.000 btu.) with a water temp that will peel skin off. 

On December 27, 2020 at 11:04 AM, TBRider said:

@_Wilson_™
if you wrap that with bubble wrap a few layers it will help, if you keep the wind off it, usually stuff like that will keep itself warm.

correct ^^^^ 

68f supposedly new years day. would be nice, cept 100% chance of rain. only a few days of rain the next few days, or so

Cold morning here -10C, wind is supposed to pick up today, make it feel like -18....

the light moved in again over night, started around mid night, or just after, temps started at 35, and have steadily climbed all morning to 63, sure did put a damper on New Years, i would imagine the mud park south of me with be busy with all this rain, and warm temps, last year it was much colder... but the hoards still showed up, nothing like a die hard atv off road rider. 

is raining solid here at this post, an ya hear the creeks roar. i never got  the conversion thing., -10C. seems cold enough. i'm still on the f scale. still freezing is freezing.

think i'll bring some wood up. supposed to be warm today, an it is today. still its cold in the basement.

It rained hard  till about 2:00 this morning  , was  55 at daylight , going up to 66 and the rain is over , sun is beaming right now , my what a wonderful start to 2021 ------- have come to learn things don't always turn out to be as good as they start off  ,  if you thought 2020 was a bad year , get ready cause I got a hunch 2021 is going to be a doo'zy 

• Haha 1

yeah, fish i think your right whats the day, the 6th ? at least was mentioned in chat T this pont the weather is last thing on my mind. 

Hi: It been snowing here all day -- 8" on the ground so far -- ice isn't safe as yet -- here is a picture of a small SxS & ATV on their side after going into a washout.  This was in the Miramichi area of New Brunswick Canada yesterday.

133480305_10157472969386246_5823051677839460250_o.jpg

Edited by Melatv
  • Like 5

We only got about 4"s of snow here mel, and that was not me on the sxs, the ice still isn't thick up here around the Miramichi yet..... Trout Brook is still running wide open, didn't make it back to the beaver dam yet, the last wind storm took down a few trees and I didn't have my saw with me....

• Like 1

TB it's still snowing here -- remember gas & chainsaw is man's best friend when out in the woods -- I always carry one 4 seasons of the year.

• Like 3

Took a drive today and made a small circle in our state of Montana,  about 285 miles, was a beautiful day of about 45 degrees.  We forget how beautiful things are in our area. Really weird to not have much snow this time of year. Was good to get out of the valley. There were some people at the North end of Canyon Ferry reservoir that were out on some ice that didn't look none too thick as there were open water areas around them and along the shoreline. Not smart considering they had a little one in a stroller out with them.🤯.  Will try to go back this spring and check out the cave, funny I've been by there dozen times and not noticed it before.

20210102_085125.jpg

20210102_133552.jpg

20210102_140152.jpg

20210102_090933.jpg

20210102_102402.jpg

20210102_165308.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Melatv said:

TB it's still snowing here -- remember gas & chainsaw is man's best friend when out in the woods -- I always carry one 4 seasons of the year.

I took the saw and box off the bike a few weeks ago, normally I always carry it...lol

2 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Took a drive today and made a small circle in our state of Montana,  about 285 miles, was a beautiful day of about 45 degrees.  We forget how beautiful things are in our area. Really weird to not have much snow this time of year. Was good to get out of the valley. There were some people at the North end of Canyon Ferry reservoir that were out on some ice that didn't look none too thick as there were open water areas around them and along the shoreline. Not smart considering they had a little one in a stroller out with them.🤯.  Will try to go back this spring and check out the cave, funny I've been by there dozen times and not noticed it before.

20210102_085125.jpg

20210102_133552.jpg

20210102_140152.jpg

20210102_090933.jpg

20210102_102402.jpg

20210102_165308.jpg

dont mind if adults risk their life, those in charge of little ones, bother me most. little ones dont have a choice,, dont have a choice...

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

It was a little cold around yesterday , 55 degrees was the highest I seen it get , everything is still wet , the trails are deep ----39 this morning and suppose to make it to 60 

• Like 1

-9C this morning, might have just over 15cm of snow on the ground, time to plow after my morning tea......

• Like 1