Melatv

Weather

You stated that you live near Hazleton. Now you wish to retract that statement. You don't live in any of those wet cities in the newspaper articles, thats deception. I am not going to waste any more of my evening on this discussion @mrbb. I don't like to ban either, so heres what we're gonna do.

You are ordered to cease posting about weather anywhere in this forum. First offense will result in an immediate banning. This is an ATV forum. Please stick to commenting about ATV subjects. First time you leave those rails you will be banned. Thank you.

Just now, retro said:

You stated that you live near Hazleton. Now you wish to retract that statement. You don't live in any of those wet cities in the newspaper articles, thats deception. I am not going to waste any more of my evening on this discussion @mrbb. I don't like to ban either, so heres what we're gonna do.

You are ordered to cease posting about weather anywhere in this forum. First offense will result in an immediate banning. This is an ATV forum. Please stick to commenting about ATV subjects. First time you leave those rails you will be banned. Thank you.

well again, I NEVER said I LIVED IN hazleton, I said NEAR it, I also live near Harrisburg and Scranton, I own TWO houses!

you wish to CALL me a liar, you better be able to PROVE I am,  and you can take that any way you wish

I KNOW where I live and AM, YOU don't?

you want to talk FACTS< yet you DON"T have any on your side to PROVE I am wrong!

you wish to CLAIM my weather reports are LIES< and again  they are NOT< NOR can you prove they are??
 your just being a BULLY cause you want your views on NO climate warming to be right

so, just go ahead and BAN me if it makes you feel better about yourself!

I have better things to do than LIE about weather, and its a SAD that you would think I would?

I also HOPE you MAKE everyone esle that posts about weather PROVE they are being honest  too?
ONLY fair right??
 LOL or doesn't that matter to you?

5 hours ago, retro said:

Happy Solar New Years day @Nanook!

Thanks Retro, it is a big deal to have the sun coming back, when the Winter Solstice happens, we have 3hrs 40min of sunlight. The Solstice was yesterday on the 21st, today we have 3hrs 41min of sunlight! By the end of March we’ll be gaining 6-7min a day of sunlight. 

• Like 3

The Solstices and Equinoxes always have amazed me , what amazes me even more is that the ancient civilizations know about it and presented it with sticks and rocks , really males me wonder ------- if a young person into global warming is called a snow flake , would a middle age  person be a ice cube an a senior citizen be  a ice berg ?? 

29 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

The Solstices and Equinoxes always have amazed me , what amazes me even more is that the ancient civilizations know about it and presented it with sticks and rocks , really males me wonder ------- if a young person into global warming is called a snow flake , would a middle age  person be a ice cube an a senior citizen be  a ice berg ?? 

lol. I know this, I dont need the weather channel to tell me its cold outside!!..lol.

• Like 2

Down here , during winter , we have all 4 season in the same day , winter in the morning , spring for morning break , summer after lunch and fall at dark 

• Like 1

Haha fish..... Your one for the books .... It's not warm here.... Went from 62 yesterday to 38 this am.... and Most of you know my thoughts on climate change ....global warming, urban sprawl.....mostly BS IMO 

• Like 1

Any temp below 55F is miserable weather , the only ice I want to see is in my life is in my cooler or frozen Margarita ---- I think it might be the Chinese purposely causing Green House gases by selling after market carbs that they know are out of tune , LOL 

• Like 1

-12C on Christmas morning not much snow, all is still white for Christmas,  not enough snow for a snowmobile but frozen enough for a quad.

• Like 1

I believe that's just a tad too cold for me.... Lol here it looks like it's going to be another nice warm day, we got up to 66.5 F yesterday, and it's holding at 40 F at the momment , I'd say we might get even higher (like 70 F) this will be one of the warmest christmas days I've ever had. So we shall see. 

• Like 1

It's 54 now at 6:30 a.m looks like 71 for the high.That's the warmest Christmas Day since I was in Arizona.I wish it was colder now,the deer hunting in these temps are crazy.Feels like fishing weather not hunting.

1 minute ago, riverc said:

It's 54 now at 6:30 a.m looks like 71 for the high.That's the warmest Christmas Day since I was in Arizona.I wish it was colder now,the deer hunting in these temps are crazy.Feels like fishing weather not hunting.

Nothing wrong with Fishing on Christmas day! 40 this morning, headed for 60, one of the warmer Christmas days I can remember.

• Like 1

riverc , you can't make up your mind , fish or hunt ??? do both ---- I think you would like my newest sign 

b+Y4tDVbQQy4nzmYbKeo8g.jpg

• Like 1

Really nice here this Christmas Day  , 56 right now at day break and going up to 70 --- Merry Christmas 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

riverc , you can't make up your mind , fish or hunt ??? do both ---- I think you would like my newest sign 

b+Y4tDVbQQy4nzmYbKeo8g.jpg

Lol.....Soon as deer season is over,will start getting boat ready,it's time for me to replace water pump.Getting low on catfish fillets,Looks likes they will start letting False River come backup to normal pool soon.LDWF dropped the lake 6' to try and hardend the shoreline and flats so the grass can grow.

-13F here, that’s -25C in Canadian degrees. Was up to 0F yesterday, they say the bottom may drop out later this week! I should make another heating oil run when the bulk plant opens again...re-jetting, putting an hour/tach meter & heat pad under the engine case on the just broke-in, Honda snowblower in the shop today. Skiing or fat tire biking to build up an appetite this afternoon...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nanook said:

-13F here, that’s -25C in Canadian degrees. Was up to 0F yesterday, they say the bottom may drop out later this week! I should make another heating oil run when the bulk plant opens again...re-jetting, putting an hour/tach meter & heat pad under the engine case on the just broke-in, Honda snowblower in the shop today. Skiing or fat tire biking to build up an appetite this afternoon...

That's cold for me,anything below 20 degrees no thank ya lol.....3 winters in St Paul,Mn back in the 80's was enough for me lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, riverc said:

That's cold for me,anything below 20 degrees no thank ya lol.....3 winters in St Paul,Mn back in the 80's was enough for me lol.

I’m pretty used to it now, grew up in the Selkirk Country, 40 winters now in Alaska, 6 of those winters in the Arctic. I still have all my fingers and toes!

• Like 2

Grew up on the southern Alberta prairie . . . . it could be -20F with a 'wind chill' factor equivalent to -50F.

The good thing was when a 'chinook' wind was on the way.  The chinooks come from the west, and funnel through the mountain passes. They are warm winds that blow for a few days. Melt the snow, can cause a temperature change of 70+ degrees.  Go from -25F to +50F in a day.  Makes that cold winter more bearable. There may be a 1/2 dozen of these winds in a winter. 

Now live on the Canadian west (wet) coast . . . . drip, drip . . . . 😎

• Like 3

On 12/24/2019 at 9:59 AM, Fishfiles said:

all people that dont have an open mind are called snowflakes, comes a point, they decide they wont change their mind, ice cubes, then they just get fixed in thinking, and there is no turning back. i call them blockheads. ice berg will do. hard to melt back into reality....

all people that dont have an open mind are called snowflakes,

id have to disagree with the above statement ..... Lol ..... I'm intolerant / prejudiced about certain things,  ( like the problem with illegal drug use) but a snowflake ? I THINK NOT!!

Other than frozen rain, a "snowflake" is a term used to describe an overly sensitive person who thinks the world revolves around them.

• Like 4

I see the term used lately to describe college aged kids, who are feeling threatened by free speech! Someone is talking about a subject that they don’t want to hear about. They then need a ‘Safe Place’ to go and recover, where no one is using free speech and talking about subjects that upset them. They are called ‘Snowflakes’ because they melt at the first hint of a confrontation. Mommy and Daddy would never let anybody talk about subjects that upset them before and now they should stop... (stomping their feet, throwing a temper-tantrum)...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

And speaking of snowflakes on this weather thread, we certainly have not seen many here in my neck of the woods yet, but winter just getting started....

Maybe keep it on the topic of weather gang......

I agree^^^^

we got another warm day here 60 f  with cloud cover, ..... I think your right @bcsman January, and February maybe one for the books, not to mention march. I even have butter cups coming up... Lol , I've never seen that happen this time of the year, strange indeed, my thinking, it's just one of those odd years  for warm weather, personally i hope it last.

image.jpg

• Like 2

It's a nice day here at 41 degrees and I'm hoping the temps drop off fast before the weather moves in. We are suppose to get around 15 inches predicted so far with those good 40mph winds. It's going to be a nice weekend to sit in by the fire. If we get the rain before it turns then it might become an interesting weekend. Generators ready to go and plenty of gas on hand so I'm ready for whatever it dishes out.

• Like 1