Melatv

Weather

It has been extremely windy all day here , non stop 30-50 mph winds    -----  

Sierra your about 1.5 hours to my east , I was married in Mobile the first time 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

It has been extremely windy all day here , non stop 30-50 mph winds    -----  

Sierra your about 1.5 hours to my west  , I was married in Mobile the first time 

The weather man calls that "breezy" around here. Needless to say we have the same but temps have been warm and in the mid 50's. Just enough to start the stove in the shed but not cold enough to not open the doors.

• Like 1

It was very " brezzy " all  night long and still is  ---- the wife has over 25 wind chimes around the house and there  a symphony going on  and it is suppose to be windy again today  ----- I can't remember it being so wind for so long a time 

• Like 1

Didn't hear any bumps in the night and don't see any firewood on the roof of the truck.  Winds seem to have settled a wee bit but still going to be a challenge pulling a trailer going full on crosswind.  Just going to enjoy my coffee and take it as it comes.

9 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

Didn't hear any bumps in the night and don't see any firewood on the roof of the truck.  Winds seem to have settled a wee bit but still going to be a challenge pulling a trailer going full on crosswind.  Just going to enjoy my coffee and take it as it comes.

Maybe watch that weather and delay and stay  a day , till the wind goes away !!!! 

i do feel winter sum this month.  one month late, an warmer then the old days. went to a family reunion, NOAA said rain all day, an i checked the sky's, on the map radar, an it looked like so..

it was 58f and sprinkling, when we finally found the barn/hanger it was held in, but the weather finally cleared up a bit, an ya could open, the hanger door.

getting chilly out. i aint ready. never am.. it does remind of younger days, trick or treat, with snow sleet an rain, one hollow-ween.  was a time, the frost hit early, the leaves changed, an the persimmons were better. an i forgot, the break, indian summer, some where in that equation, two weeks..

We've had frost the last couple nights at the hunting shack. Snowed off and on today. Deer season starts next Saturday. I'm going back there Thursday for 10 more days.

On 10/29/2021 at 8:20 AM, Fishfiles said:

Maybe watch that weather and delay and stay  a day , till the wind goes away !!!! 

Sorry so late updating.   Made it home just fine.  Was going to say without a hitch but that would make it sound like the trailer blew off.  We did have rain shortly after we hit I65 north and it continued until we passed Zanesville OH.  

• Like 2

Supposed to get down around freezing a couple of nights this week here.  My Japanese Millet in the duck hole looks great, but no seed heads yet, so if we get a freeze that will smoke the millet.  Hopefully the forecast will be off a little. 

On 10/27/2021 at 8:31 PM, 56Sierra said:

Just started raining here but the nasty stuff is around Gulfport now.  Tornado watch for Baldwin Co.  Tonight if my campers a rockin, it's now me and the Mrs.

is it the wind?

On 10/23/2021 at 7:53 PM, LedFTed said:

52 tonight. was 57 earlier. the ac was running?? whats with that? why not just open a few windows. Oh Well, ya cant explain that to someone who thinks they are smarter, then..,  some taller people think they are smarter, because they are taller.. least i wont fall into that trap, 5'2" maybe.. 😉 lmbo. got around a saying this time, dont expect to again. i do think words should be monitored,,, why is it this strict, though? just curious?,,

anything ya allow to watch your kids watch, is 100 times worst with/on purpose by the shows, yet ya let them watch, anyway..

did i answer my own question?

allowing your kids to watch TV is worst that anything i say.. [correcting me spelling, or lack of complete sentence]. 

guess its still mild for 12th of nov. "cold for me". temps in the 40s, during the next few days, hovering around 30 at night. rains about 1/3 of the time, might get sum snow. but next week it tops 65 one day, then back into the 50s or below. still mild for weather, just not for me. sucks getting old..

strange days.. the Doors

Edited by LedFTed
just because

Been back home doing the boring stuff and waiting until Thanksgiving before leave again.  I hoping to get above freezing night time temps for the first few nights headed south.  Rather not worry about the water freezing in the camper.  The jetstream has been dropping south and giving Fishfiles colder than normal.   Fish, get out there and chase that cold back up north.   I promise to sneak outta here in hopes it doesn't follow us south.

• Like 1

We had a couple of 40+  degree mornings this week  and this morning it was 36 at daylight but warmed up quick , 72 right now at 1:30

This trip we are going to Laurel MS for a few days before heading to the Gulf for the winter. Wife's a big fan of the HGTV show Hometown.   Me, there's a fishing pond at the campground. 

• Like 1

tonight 36f, then 65f tomorrow 70 weds. then back to to 50s an 40s during the day. 25f thurs. night.. did barely see snow today. Tiny..

Stupid question alert:

Can I get -20F windshield washer fluid in southern Alabama?  

I'm expecting a few below freezing nights this winter in Ft. Morgan and by biggest concern of freezing is the dump valves for the holding tanks.  A good MT prior to the freeze and add a gallon of WWF to each would probably work.  Or do the heat tape thing.

Just got a foot of snow and temps dropped to 0F, -10 or so overnight

lakes will be ready for fishing soon, got a new sled with cover to pull my gear and new ESKIMO pop up

ice fishing house- itchin to get out and do some fishing

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

Stupid question alert:

Can I get -20F windshield washer fluid in southern Alabama?  

I'm expecting a few below freezing nights this winter in Ft. Morgan and by biggest concern of freezing is the dump valves for the holding tanks.  A good MT prior to the freeze and add a gallon of WWF to each would probably work.  Or do the heat tape thing.

windshield washer fluid; maybe a local auto store could order it for you. 5th wheel, an other trailers also have a type of anti freeze. not for windows though..

6 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Miserable day today,  38 degrees 35-60 mph sustained wind,  couldn't wait for work day to be done. 🥶

That does sound pretty miserable , think I would move , LOL 

8 hours ago, LedFTed said:

windshield washer fluid; maybe a local auto store could order it for you. 5th wheel, an other trailers also have a type of anti freeze. not for windows though..

I use the 6 buck a gallon stuff to winterize the entire water system for storage.  I had to do that when I got home two weeks ago but plan to flush out the feed lines and fill the fresh water holding tank on Thanksgiving morning right before we leave.  Since the house is getting semi winterized what hot water left in the house after I shut off the water heater will get mixed with a little cold to fill my camper tank.  This will give me a head start on the forecast just below freezing first night out.  As long as I'm set up and furnace running I'm good for keeping all the water lines thawed but the holding tanks aren't heated.   So, whatever antifreeze in the lines will get dumped into the tanks and that will do the job on the trip down.

I've pretty much decided on heat tape and insulation to use on the holding tank plumbing while on set up on the Gulf.