shadetree

2011 trx420FPE mice damage to harness

here's what mice damage looks like when they get color hungry on a wire harness !. they seem to like green and yellow for some reason ?!..lol. they completely chewed the starter solenoid into !.

IMG_1198.JPG

IMG_1199.JPG

IMG_1200.JPG

IMG_1201.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

wow! they really went to work on that machine! good information here^^^

had my dealings with those little b------s worst I've seen 1st hand was a brand new 12 volt battery that had one bottom corner that was completely chewed away ...in one night...   and they love bel-ray water proof grease lol! ... i know this 1st hand ... 

image.jpg

Shade , what's the story , I hope that mice eaten mess is not one of yours !!!! ----- 

11 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Shade , what's the story , I hope that mice eaten mess is not one of yours !!!! ----- 

Daaaaahhhh  , 2011 trx420FPE  I should have read the title first -------  I remember talking about that 420 in the waiting line  , should have realized the shop is cleared out now 

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Daaaaahhhh  , 2011 trx420FPE  I should have read the title first -------  I remember talking about that 420 in the waiting line  , should have realized the shop is cleared out now 

haha..it belongs to catfishes friend, i do all his work on all his bikes, he won't let anyone else touch them cept me !..lol.

• Like 2

just an update on this mess: finally got a sub-harness from cat fish ( we found one on a trx420 frame ! ), got home , plugged it all in, turned the key on, everything came on, cept one problem !, the neutral light on the display was not on ?, and the gear display had a line in it ?. hmmm..or course the ele start wont work, nor will it fire the plug, but i could pull the front brake lever and crank it over, but still wont fire the spark plug !. grrr..one more reason to hate es models !!!. so after down loading the service manual from our site here, and finding out where the gear position switch connector was located ? ( i already knew where the connector was..just wanted to make sure ! ) i pulled it apart thinking it may not be tight ?, or maybe a pin got bent ?..got it apart, all looked good, well crap, went to snap it back together, and the dang thing would not go back together to save my life !!!. great..now what ??. ( and you just know i'm cussing this pile of crap es even more now !..lol ) so i stepped over to the box where i put the old harness in, pulled it out, looked at the harness connector side, and where i THOUGHT it would have that white piece of plastic stuck down in it ?, WAS NOT THERE !, well wth ?..but new oem harness has it stuck down in there. now..i had this connected at first, but do not ask me how it went together ??.I DO NOT KNOW HOW IT WENT TOGETHER !!..LOL. soo i popped the white piece out of the connector on the new harness, grabbed the gear position switch connector, and like a hand to a glove, it slid together like greased lightening !..no freaking idea how ?...but did !, reached up and turned the key on, NOW I HAVE A NEUTRAL LIGHT !!!, i knew it would start by the electric start button, and i knew it would fire the spark plug, sure enough, i pushed the start button, she fired right up !. all i need to do now is adjust the valves ( a tad ticking going on ), then i'll wrap this up, collect my cash, and he's a happy camper !.

• Like 6

I had two new trx 420's in my garage and one day neither of them would start. The same rat chewed almost the exact same wires on each. Fortunately the damage was away from the connectors. Just a few hours of my time, wire , solder and shrink wrap and both were like new again. Six years later the wiring is still perfect..........I do put out traps now at the first sign of rats tho! ha ha

• Like 3

POISON!! POISON!!! POISON!!!! I don't have one kernel of ! in either of my garages or the hunting shack. I use those black plastic bait boxes that hold 8 bait blocks.

• Like 1

as for bate (shelled corn) .... the best is to keep it sealed in a 50 gal drum... or in a old dead clean deep freezer .. we used very expensive supplements for topping off feeder calves ... and the deep freeze was always bullet proof. as for the shop ... your not going to stop rodents  ... best you do is above ... plus mothball, and mint spray treatment..