Turbo Twister

New member from Dublin, Ireland

As posted by my dad (Bluezulu49), we rebuilt the bike shown below to running and working order again.

It's a 1998 Honda TRX300FW and it was in terrible condition prior to me getting it.

20191031_160358.jpg

20191103_160017.jpg

20191031_160350.jpg

• Like 4

How it looked prior to purchase. I dont know if anyone of you have seen this photo before but it doesn't show half the issues we had with it!

Screenshot_20191020-203559_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by Turbo Twister
Grammar mistake!
  • Like 1

Glad to see you here Turbo and nice work on the 300. They are great machines.

• Like 1

Toodeep, we scraped 3 buckets of cow pat off the frame before getting even more off it when the engine came out lol the whole front bottom of the frame had to be cut out and patched. All the photos of it are on the old website that will remain nameless!

5 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

Dang thats a job well done for sure! She was rough when you started no doubt!

7 minutes ago, retro said:

You too have made a nice 300 out of it.

Thanls Retro, we are both delighted and it has made some chores so much easier! I have only filled the tank once and although I've only driven around 14 miles, it has done a huge amount of work for me.

Welcome to the forum Turbo' and Blue Zulu , I watched you'll build from the start to the finish , nice job .... 

• Like 1

Welcome! Looks great. If your looking for a rear skid plate to protect that diff and brake drum Ricochet makes a pretty beefy one might be worth checking out. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums,  I live in the Irish Capital of Canada. Miramichi New Brunswick

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 12:28 PM, Mac102004 said:

Welcome! Looks great. If your looking for a rear skid plate to protect that diff and brake drum Ricochet makes a pretty beefy one might be worth checking out. 

Mac, I custom made a skid plate that runs 3/4 length of the bike from the front bumper to the lowest rear cross member on the frame at the back.

My dad has ordered two original protective shields for the diff and brake drum so we hope to have them soon and get the fit. I'll put the bike on ramps at the weekend and get a snap for you, my design works a treat on tree stumps as the bike just slides right off. 

Hi: It's amazing what those TRX300 FM can do putting them to work.