Wheeler

New Gas Can Holder.

I’ve been wanting to make one for a while now. So today I got er done. Just a few more things to weld, & finish up. I’m going to possibly weld a nut on each side for the bungee cord & need to mounting brackets. Then into the paint booth (hang from garage ceiling)  for primer & then bedlinner. 

280CC9C4-F5AB-4C4E-A436-AAF82802A752.jpeg

C3272DE7-7678-417C-A6D9-B0770E012D4A.jpeg

E81766A6-0AD0-4885-9F25-1FCDBA564572.jpeg

C8DDE1AF-AD1E-413E-9373-ABEC8BDBC54B.jpeg

• Like 7

Not sure yet, but some kind of u-bolt to the rear bumper. Or even bent some flat bar & weld to the gas holder with a bolt... 

• Like 1

nice !...but some one has wayyyy too much time on their hands !..lol.

• Haha 2

I’ve been off on vacation for last 3 weeks. I got hurt as u might know, & doc put me off this week when I’m supposed to return, then another 3 weeks of vacation... so ya I have some time lol. 

Got the mounting figured out. Couple more welds, & 4 holes to drill. Pics be up soon. 

• Like 3

now shade..... you have think about something ... when has wheeler left anything .... look at his truck, atv, i think he even made mods to his leaf blower... lol... 

Everything I own including my brand new Sthil BG56 Leaf Blower is modified! I can’t keep anything stock... True Story!

ill admit.... I'm kind of the same way...  just chalk up to the OCD sickness, i reckon... lol! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

1 more coat then bedlinner! This sweet!!!

41DAC0BD-6538-4868-AAC0-AB0A4820F0B3.jpeg

Tractor Supply gloss black implement paint > bedliner

• Like 1

U think paint is better Jeep? I’m just a bedlinner guy... such easy touch up & so durable. Can’t help myself!

image.jpg

• Like 2

Yep.  Paint seems to stick better, dirt doesn't imbed itself into paint, and touch ups are quicker and easier.

I've used bedliner on Jeep bumpers etc.  That implement paint is some tough paint.  Held up just as well for me.  Cheaper too.

• Like 1

plus one on farm implement paint .... same paint we used on moldboard plows...  to keep them from rusting up... after use... and it takes a while for that paint to wear off! ... 

Mmmm, never heard of it... I’ll have to look into it.. get it at tractor supply places?

• Like 2

Turned out awesome. Very happy. (As long as my welds last! Bahaha) I’ll let the bedlinner set up really nice before I mount it. Cost me a total of like $8 for flat bar -paint ect.... but now it’s outta my way & secure!!

14D6291D-731B-4488-AC37-936A810D9777.jpeg

0C2C82B9-80E8-416C-BE2F-A002C0E88281.jpeg

E295D48F-DB44-4692-BB77-490309A8059A.jpeg

95BBE8F7-302E-4CF0-A611-3F017ADFB5A4.jpeg

• Like 3

Sorry Shade.... the Blue Viper was made in China!

63604666-D8A9-4C42-B3F1-FE31BE0285FF.jpeg

Edited by Wheeler

13 hours ago, Wheeler said:

Turned out awesome. Very happy. (As long as my welds last! Bahaha) I’ll let the bedlinner set up really nice before I mount it. Cost me a total of like $8 for flat bar -paint ect.... but now it’s outta my way & secure!!

0C2C82B9-80E8-416C-BE2F-A002C0E88281.jpeg

I was spying up your welds , was trying to come up with a name for them , Gorilla , popcorn or grapevine , as long as they hold is all that matters , that paint and bedliner will make them look better !!!! Looking good 

• Thanks 1

Lol. I need practice welding for sure! Rear bumper has held up!! Bahaha

Here she is. I used rubber around u-bolt & on the mount. Double nutted & secure. All the weight will be carried by the tabes I welded on. I kept them as close as I could. I feel confident about it. Here’s a pic of my practice weld before I attempted the gas can holder. 

1C6B68AF-C24E-4D6D-8200-E374978F2D31.jpeg

478DEF04-238B-4554-9058-6A75C5CCEA76.jpeg

0D60719F-E56C-46BF-A84A-889C83954B27.jpeg

• Like 6

I know we had a couple chuckles over my welds, but must say they held up over my 8 day camp trip in the bush.. it vibrates/moves a little while driving & all was well, other than the rubber I placed under the u-bolts.. it busted thru & the holder slipped down. I had to remove the rubber & tighten back down. But she’s a great addition!!

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i have one issue with it, IT'S HIDING THAT REAR BUMPER LOL! 

i have an issue with it...ITS RIGHT SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF THE REAR BUMPER !. can anyone guess what's gonna happen if he's rear ended ??..lol.

10 minutes ago, shadetree said:

i have an issue with it...ITS RIGHT SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF THE REAR BUMPER !. can anyone guess what's gonna happen if he's rear ended ??..lol.

oh Shade... u best have another look! As u are WRONG! (I know that’s not often though.. lol)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

oh Shade... u best have another look! As u are WRONG! (I know that’s not often though.. lol)

umm..how am i wrong ?, the pic i see it mounted, is on the rear bumper that was posted ^^^, is that not where the can is mounted ??. if its not ?, then please show where it is ?.