Wheeler

Front Bumper

On September 16, 2020 at 3:48 PM, Wheeler said:

I just ordered off there website. I’m sure they do.. 

just check their site. Says in stock still..

thanks wheeler ill sure check the site out... if i pull the trigger ... I'm like you, I'll have to have those side mirrors. 

I'm not gone, just fully absorbed in the "least busy, most occupied" season of life I've ever been in... Being a dad to 1, 2, and 4 year old girls. 

• Like 4

@Wheeler i figured I'd bump your thread up for the newer members, a couple bumpers are posted on the 1st page, but here's most all i have, @firsttimer built a homemade deal, i really like, but i can't locate the pic, but you also mentioned, your rear window could get busted out, so some of these might not work on those long camping trips y'all take ?? anyways here are deferent types some homemade, some not.  credit goes to @Mac102004 @toodeep and downunder << (who's not in the forums yet) , Mac told me about the brute tube which is the last pic, toodeep posted is the 1st pic, and downunder is 3rd to that last pic. my favorite is the 4th pic, no idea who makes it, and I've never been able to locate ... that one or the brute bumper. (which i also like) 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 4

@_Wilson_™ thanks for bumping this up. Those are great ideas for people. Now that I see the one similar to mine I love it. But ya, I forgot it would smash my window out.. soo maybe a quick connect of some sort would be sweet. 

• Like 1

glad to, wheeler, I'm still wanting a rear bumper , but that's on hold for now..... any ideas on a quick hitch type deal for the front ? i figured you might have forgotten, you forgot about the 383 stroker badge too, I'm just messing with you.... lol, anyways I'm sure intrested to see what you come up with for a front bumper, I'll add that tan .... with the blade was on ebay a while back, and i contacted the owner, he told me they used have a few of those in a shop in Florida he took his bike to, he checked, they had run out .... with no more orders coming in (no longer made)  my bad on the typo, fish. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

thats was suppose to be @Fishfiles

Ok , I figured it out now ----

Shade' says my  bumper on my red 95 300 up there ^^^ is blocking too much air with that bumper all closed off and I ought to put some openings for flow , might get my boy to plasma cut some slots in the center alum. checker plate section ----  but , I don't think I need them slots , I am running no inner fenders and  I am in the process of re-re-rebuilding that 300 and this time round it has a double oil cooler/fan  relocated to the front rack and a second fan on the engine ---- I need to finish that one up , been lazy lately 

• Like 2

I'm not into the middle of that one, lol, but might i point out, most of your builds are reduction (low gear) so there's not going to be too much ram air to help cooling. i believe that's why the oil coolers, and fan relocates ?? i like the look of the checker plate just as is. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

. i believe that's why the oil coolers, and fan relocates ?? 

Air flow blockage might have some factor to it , the main reason to relocate the cooler is it gets clogged up with mud in front the engine and the fan spends a lot of time under  the water 

The water keeps the engine cooler   , but is a double edge sword from what I have read , if the motor is hot and you dunk it under , there is a quick change of temp and not good for the jug  --- but , you got to pay to play ---- God gave me water so I am drinking the lemon-aid 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

yeah i over looked the fact yours sees extra deep water, and mud, and how many times have we seen mud caked oil coolers over the years ? too many to list. I recall my old 250a hot enough on the crankcase water would bounce right off, no telling what the jug, and head temps were, but... i never had an issue, but scalding water / steam  burning my right leg. my mistake was selling it. 

here's another one, 1st one I've ever seen like this, looks like the cv boot / shaft gaurds are homemade, the one on the right is splintered at the top , fiber glass ?? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

looks like the cv boot / shaft gaurds are homemade, the one on the right is splintered at the top , fiber glass ?? 

image.jpg

Looks like he glues some type of material to the steel , like out door carpet , hmmm , don't know about that look 

• Like 1

yeah, i agree those guards look sketchy.... that bumper .. um might be this one dressed up with mesh, looks kind of close. 

image.jpg

On 1/19/2021 at 5:05 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

here's another one, 1st one I've ever seen like this, looks like the cv boot / shaft gaurds are homemade, the one on the right is splintered at the top , fiber glass ?? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've bought a couple of 300's with homemade CV guards on them made out of heavy, stiff rubber.

On 2/4/2021 at 10:32 AM, jeepwm69 said:

I've bought a couple of 300's with homemade CV guards on them made out of heavy, stiff rubber.

I see a guy on facebook making and selling stick stoppers ( cv guards ) out of stainless steel -----

I had asked my sheet metal buddy Moe about bending me some out of aluminum , and he was telling me the aluminum has to be quality stuff , like air craft aluminum , cause cheap aluminum in his brake will usually crack at the bend seem 

• Like 1

I would love one!! I could make it too.. but, I’ll never be able to close tailgate & not smash window out... so for now... I just can’t plow into any trees! Lol

• Haha 1