Freedomflyer

2 rides over the weekend

Got a chance to finally get out.  Took my mephew and his family. Believe it or not Shade,  we all made it back, 3 Can Ams and we all made it back!!! He picked up a nice 2016 570 with only 790 miles. Never been out before, had a great day although it was very hot. Then took evening ride Sunday with some friends. 

20200725_210249.jpg

20200801_084226.jpg

20200801_094935.jpg

20200801_105433.jpg

20200801_120730.jpg

20200801_121118.jpg

20200801_121215.jpg

20200802_182249.jpg

20200802_184044.jpg

20200802_195548.jpg

20200802_203021.jpg

Resized_20200802_203232.jpeg

20200802_205204.jpg

20200802_210503.jpg

20200802_213055.jpg

• Like 8

That is a clean white Outlander , I have ridden the 570 and it is a awesome ride , lots of power !!!  

• Thanks 1

beautiful pictures as always .... especially the shots of the sun set., the guys in chat have been wandering where you've been for so long.. lol stop by and chat with us.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful pics and land out there FF....

And yes we were just talking last night on chat where you have been....as wilson said stop by again...

• Like 2

Fish yeah it is a very clean machine.  He really lucked out, It was a friend of mine who was selling it. He got it and a two place trailer for $6500. I told him if he didn't buy it I was going to and I already have 2 of those machines. It is plenty of power that is for sure, I think their family had so much fun that day he is gonna buy another one and give that 1 to his wife.  He is a pretty big guy so I think he will probly buy an 850 for himself.

Thanks Wilson, I have been so busy since before the 4th of July I can hardly see straight. I am still working on this remodel, doing the siding. Since the beginning of the project I thought I was supposed to be the helber but turned out  I ended up doing all of the underlying bones work. Have done some of the finish inside, trim and shiplap accent walls etc, but have done all the exterior work by myself. It has been a chore Because they had gotten me a lift only a week and a 1/2 ago. Everything I've done on the exterior has been with ladder jacks and aluminum planks.  Getting too old for this crap. LoL. In the middle of all that we had our firework season, plus I threw in a horrible bathroom remodel  That I worked evening's on. Since the remodel on this old house was so extensive, (built in 1908), It has taken a long time, it will be a full year on the 28th of this month that we started it. We did a total gut, spent 2 months on the demolition alone and filled up eight 30 yd dumpsters. Then trying to fit in things that need to be done in home and yard work, Not a lot left in the gas tank to sit at the computer. Thankfully this project is coming to an end should be able take a breath and take some days off. However I have a guy that's been houndoing me for another  siding job that needs to be done before the snow flies. It could be worse  There could be no work at all. However I didn't realize what pain in the butt board and batten siding is, Especially on a smaller cut up house like this one is. 

I'll try to drop in soon.

20200709_160158.jpg

20200625_140647.jpg

20200714_170624.jpg

20200714_170631.jpg

20200716_144540.jpg

20200729_125817.jpg

20200803_094038.jpg

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 3

did my down stairs bathroom basically the same ......  a while back..... the renovation.... looks grats!

this pic is just before the... the completion, the other pic is the tile floor simulated hard wood. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like a beautiful area! Very nice! Glad you all had a great time, & that the CanAms made er back! lol

• Like 3

Thanks Wheeler! Yeah i think they're hooked. Hard not ro be when you have places lije this to ride😉

Looks good Wikson, something about working with your hands and taking a project to completion. 

• Like 2

Really enjoy all the photos. That definitely is "God's Country"!  Now that remodel project is fantastic! 

• Thanks 1

Yes it is, we are pretty lucky to live here,, even if we have a bunch of yayhoos moving in here cluttering it up. LOL. Never get enough of getting out on our trails. Finding that riding them different times of the day changes the appearance of the scenery so much.

The remodel is finally coming together and we can see a light at the end of the tunnel. I have another week or so on the siding getting everything caulked and touched up then will install the tongue in groove in the porch soffet. A lot of finish detail inside and out. Never realized how much work board and batten siding is,  especially in a place thatbis as cut up as this one.  Thanks for the comments guys. Appreciate it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Yes it is, we are pretty lucky to live here,, even if we have a bunch of yayhoos moving in here cluttering it up. LOL. Never get enough of getting out on our trails. Finding that riding them different times of the day changes the appearance of the scenery so much.

The remodel is finally coming together and we can see a light at the end of the tunnel. I have another week or so on the siding getting everything caulked and touched up then will install the tongue in groove in the porch soffet. A lot of finish detail inside and out. Never realized how much work board and batten siding is,  especially in a place thatbis as cut up as this one.  Thanks for the comments guys. Appreciate it.

cantams...ekkk..lol.

• Haha 1

Hey at least my machines are getting used!!!!!  Like I said,  anything lasts forever when you don't use it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Hey at least my machines are getting used!!!!!  Like I said,  anything lasts forever when you don't use it.

Go ahead and get them listed now while the summer crowd is still interested. 

Take that money and get an heirloom quad instead imo.

Three Honda bikes your grandkids can ride or three money pits

I may be bitter from working on them...

Beautiful ride that I'm sure is fun on any machine!

oh400ex

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

you sure got that right !, i've spent the last couple weeks fixing all my toys that have been sitting for 2 yrs !..lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, to be honest with all the Can-Am said I've owned so far over the last 3 years haven't had any of them in the shop,  the only reason I sold them was just to upgrade. They have performed flawlessly each and every time I've gone out. It may be the way that I ride, as I am not hard on them at all, service them regularly, Run  Ethanol free high octane fuel And just take care of them. I think any machine that's taken care of will treat you good.  Literally had to have had no issues at all with any of them plus they are a nice smooth ride. Have some friends that have owned them for 15 years and still running like a top haven't touched them at all belts or anything. We are spoiled rotten with where we get to ride never get tired of it.

Yeah Shade anything that sits for any period of time is not good either . Hope you get an opportunity to get out sometime

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 1

hey now.... we're not talking about a Polaris , or  Kawasaki ..... those BOTH are at the bottom of the list! IMO .... altho..... i don't like any belt driven utv's , or atv's , they especally dont holdup with over size tires, and deep water / muck riding, I've never delt with a can am ... so... i won't knock them, after all ive never heard ff. say anything about any mechanical issues , as a matter of fact, never heard him say anything about any  issues,.... but ... once you get honda in your blood... that's pretty much it. now, when your talking junk... then your talking Polaris .... lol! ..... i still think we should get ff to change over to a honda .... lol! 

Edited by _Wilson_™

9 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Well, to be honest with all the Can-Am said I've owned so far over the last 3 years haven't had any of them in the shop,  the only reason I sold them was just to upgrade. They have performed flawlessly each and every time I've gone out. It may be the way that I ride, as I am not hard on them at all, service them regularly, Run  Ethanol free high octane fuel And just take care of them. I think any machine that's taken care of will treat you good.  Literally had to have had no issues at all with any of them plus they are a nice smooth ride. Have some friends that have owned them for 15 years and still running like a top haven't touched them at all belts or anything. We are spoiled rotten with where we get to ride never get tired of it.

Yeah Shade anything that sits for any period of time is not good either . Hope you get an opportunity to get out sometime

so far i got my riding mower up and running, both my motorcycles up and running, got my jet ski running ( it was just a bad battery ), still need to get the battery charged or changed in my '89 trx350D, and need to do some front brake work on my magna bike. most of this was from bad batteries !, thanks to the battery tender jr's letting me down ?!..lol. after getting my shadow spirit going again, i've been out cruising the roads lately. i've been really, REALY BUSY LATELY, get time, have a look at all the progress i made on my cabin post on the forums here !.

• Like 2

Siding got put on the backburner, got called in to help get the inside finished up as the homeowners were arriving today.  Amazing how much work and time  the finishing touches take.

Ready for them to move in except for a few small tasks. A couple of cabinet handles and the front door handle. Shower glass was installed today, so master bath is ready along with the whole upstairs master suite. 

20200807_155646.jpg

20200807_155651.jpg

20200807_155703.jpg

20200807_155710.jpg

20200807_155724.jpg

20200807_155734.jpg

20200807_155814.jpg

20200807_155834.jpg

20200807_155900.jpg

20200807_170136.jpg

20200807_170146.jpg

20200807_170246.jpg

• Like 1

The cabinet next to the steps and the cabinet in the one room both house beds called Zoom beds. They roll out of the cabinet like a reverse garage door, pretty cool but very spendy. About $5000 each without cabinets and installation. 🤪🤑

• Like 1

way too much black color for me...too dark..yikes...lol. but looks great as far as the work goes !.