CamKnouff

Tire Plugs?

Have not had a flat for over 15 years, but that changed yesterday on my new to me 2019 Rubicon (first ride.) Lol.  I would expect the remaining plugs from that flat, if could be found, might not be in the best condition for use today.  What kind/brand of plugs are people using, as plugs are on the list for the next trip to town.  

same plugs cars/trucks use, some brands are sold in autozone, made by slime, get the whole kit !.

• Like 1

you might also might grab a bottle of that green tire slime ...get the the blue label....  for tubeless tires.

image.jpg

• Like 1

My .02

If your tires are 2ply there might not be quite enough rubber for the plugs to vulcanize a good seal so I recommend the kit with cement as well, just for extra protection 

• Like 1

Thanks, got the slime kit, first time I have used a plug with the glue, worked well.

• Like 1

good deal! i would grad some of that green slime too, we never did ask what type of tire your running, and, with a 2019 i would think oem tires ? 

I have been really lucky with flats , I do use Slime when needed , the new formula is water solvable and easy to clean off if needed , where the old stuff was a ness to get off ------ plugs : I have a gun that shoots mushroom plugs , they come in two sizes , you can use glue with it , I think it is the best thing out there as long as it isn't a radial tire , I am not into plug radials as it damages the wires , NAPA sells them guns 

just a note ... if you let the machine sit for a long period of time slime can leech away .. but it works great on tires used / rotating very often, but i myself would go with a thicker multi ply tire ... mud lite would be my choice ... but that also depends on the terrain ... anyways ... I'm not going to  twist the rails into a favorite tire, most of us old school guys know how those topics go... lol! 

• Like 1

Yes, just the stock tires, 1500 km (mystery to Americans.)  As I am getting older and hopefully wiser, I am following my rules for boats and water, never go futher from shore than you can swim back.  Thus with quads never go further  from home than you can walk back.  I live in an area where cell reception is none existant, and finding people to quad with within 20 years of my age is about as possible as finding cell service, and with the younger ones, I best stay on the porch. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CamKnouff said:

As I am getting older and hopefully wiser, I am following my rules for boats and water, never go futher from shore than you can swim back.  Thus with quads never go further  from home than you can walk back.

we think along the same lines on this ^^^

On 8/12/2020 at 11:36 AM, CamKnouff said:

Yes, just the stock tires, 1500 km (mystery to Americans.)  As I am getting older and hopefully wiser, I am following my rules for boats and water, never go futher from shore than you can swim back.  Thus with quads never go further  from home than you can walk back.  I live in an area where cell reception is none existant, and finding people to quad with within 20 years of my age is about as possible as finding cell service, and with the younger ones, I best stay on the porch. 

Looks like you are a ways out in the bush. I go by the same rules and limit myself to about 15-20 miles when alone. No cell signal in my hunting area. I carry plenty of water and emergency equipment.

On 8/12/2020 at 4:16 PM, Fishfiles said:

image.png

So how many plugs would you suggest and looks like it is above the side wall. Would you plug or start walking. Must be some story how that happened?