hcrown280zx

Snow Plow for 97 FourTrax 4X4 recommendations

Thanks Goober, when you say "winch mount" are you referring to a mount that goes on the blade that attaches to the winch or are you referring to the mount under the front fender that the winch is mounted on?

My winch is already installed and working.

Thanks oh400ex and TBRider for your thoughts and the excellent pics on the subject.  TBRider, is your mount a mid mount?  Did you fab it yourself or purchase a prefab?  Yeah...I see your chains on the rear wheels.

Regards,

Herb

Edited by hcrown280zx

Its a universal mid mount, I ended up welding it on up front and bolting it in the back, plow is homemade, I have chains for all 4 tires, was in the process of putting them on when I found a bad wheel bearing.

Found this, it should bolt on your bike and fit that plow, then you need a winch to lift the plow.

https://www.kolpin.com/en-us/shop/accessories/snow-plows/atv-mount-kits/

I use a seat belt from an old car to lift the winch with in the winter and save my steel cable for summer, the steel cable will birds nest in the spool easily if you use it all winter without re spooling it everytime. I'm going to be doing that in a few days so I'll get some pics for that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TBRider said:

Found this, it should bolt on your bike and fit that plow, then you need a winch to lift the plow.

https://www.kolpin.com/en-us/shop/accessories/snow-plows/atv-mount-kits/

I use a seat belt from an old car to lift the winch with in the winter and save my steel cable for summer, the steel cable will birds nest in the spool easily if you use it all winter without re spooling it everytime. I'm going to be doing that in a few days so I'll get some pics for that.

Thank you sir.