Kevnic

What are your upcoming plans for your HONDA?

5 hours ago, Macarena Man said:

Was lucky and found a near new '99 450ES (ketchup) . . . . took a month to go over all the things that needed looking at, and the OEM muffler has something loose inside.  Kimpex makes a very high quality replacement muffler for the 450's and they are about 1/2 the price.  There is one on my '99 450S (mustard) . . . . . . 

Thinking of cutting the side out of the OEM piece and welding/replacing the loose stuff.  Open it up where the heat shield will hide the surgery.  New OEM is outrageous if you can find it.  The ketchup is completely stock with OEM tires and rims.  It's quite surprising how nimble they were in stock form.  😎

I always slice them right at the back, right in front of the weld, all the way around, pull/dump the crud out, weld the end back on, nothing too it :-).

• Like 2

MM , Love that avatar  , Marty Feldman right ? ----  I stuck a HMF on my 2000 450 , it is a little louder , not too bad , the end cap is screwed on so I would think it could be packed with some extra stuff  , I have seen a few hunters add a silencer on the back of their bikes , a second muffler to quiet it down 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jeffo21 said:

Thinking of putting a winch on my 300 fourtrax

Here’s how i did my 93

423B689A-6C9A-45F0-BFCD-801FBECAB69F.jpeg

FEF4D99D-08B3-4FC4-B4C4-BD7F312984AC.jpeg

• Like 4

dang looks good Goober. I am looking at getting a KFI mounting bracket and a badlands 2500 or 3500 lb winch. I think I will mount my wires in the back like you did

3 hours ago, jeffo21 said:

dang looks good Goober. I am looking at getting a KFI mounting bracket and a badlands 2500 or 3500 lb winch. I think I will mount my wires in the back like you did

heck yeah start a thread when you’re ready and I’ll add measurements in along comments.

KFI plate good, but If i had a do over I would use the Warn winch not KFI. IDK about Badlands but the freewheel select knob in the Warn doesn’t stick out like the selector on the KFI. The KFI selector (when in freewheeled position) touches the bottom surface of the fender

• Like 2

Middle of Jan, ill be going back up to the hunting property for the last time this season. Ill be bring the bike back home with me. Once home, ill spend a couple hours cleaning it. Other than that, i want to install front and rear baskets and possibly a windsheild, before next season. After that..... i cant think of anything really, i pretty much have done everything else i wanted done to it. Maybe find some trails to go riding on with my son.

Wayne

• Like 2

I think I might try doing a wrap on one this winter. I've been saying it for the last couple years but my daughter is after me to customize her 400. Would be some good bonding time.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Goober said:

Here’s how i did my 93

423B689A-6C9A-45F0-BFCD-801FBECAB69F.jpeg

FEF4D99D-08B3-4FC4-B4C4-BD7F312984AC.jpeg

How close to the front bumper is that fairlead?

I had a bumper that someone had drilled to mount the fairlead to the front of the actual bumper, so I put that on my kid's along with a KFI plate..  Haven't decided what I want to do with the other ones yet.

let's see I've done tires, LED lights, new carburetor, and a muffler in the past couple of months. The next phase will be winch, fairlead and mounting plate, some floor boards could have used those floor boards today,brush guards and repair / replace cracked plastics. I will get this done after hunting season still got a few weeks.

• Like 2

yeah I did a lot of that last year to mine moe. the new fender flares and floorboards new rims and tires.

When mounting my KFI plow a few days ago I noticed some of the welded frame joints were showing small signs of rust. I guess that should be expected for a unit that is 15 years old. When it warms this spring I will apply a rust converter and then repaint these joints,  It needs to last another 15 years!

I opened that Vertical Scope link in my locked down Palemoon browser to avoid their datamining ads. Turns out its just a spam advertisement link... paid promotion... a single marketing writer proclaiming that his "personal" choice for the ATV of the year award is the lime green 2020 Honda Rubicon.

I suspect the lime green models are not selling very well. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sorry guy’s. Not sure why your having troubles getting to the article for atv of the year which was a test drive of the new Honda Rubicon by ATV.com. I thought it was a interesting article. 

I got the color wrong its Matte Green Metallic. Here is a portion of the article (bolded text provided by me):

In model year 2020 some of the major brands continue to advance as well as build some great utility ATVs but let’s face it, we live in an SXS dominant realm. We do love it and get excited each time the next UTV comes out, but I for one have never forgotten where I came from. I cherish all of the memories I have made on a single cylinder, single seat, carbureted and yes fuel injected ATV. It is for that reason, as well as many others, that I chose the 2020 Honda Rubicon 4X4 DCT EPS in Matte Green Metallic as my personal off-road vehicle of the year.

" I " choose the Southern Blue 1992 Honda TRX300FW as the bike of the year in 2020 , cause they ain't build nothing better since !!!!  --- LOL 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, retro said:

I cherish all of the memories I have made on a single cylinder, single seat, carbureted and yes fuel injected ATV.

He rode a carbureted and fuel injected ATV once too. 🙂

I chose Scott 1000 Tissue in the 20-rolls package as my personal 2020 Toilet Paper of the Year. Top that!

• Like 2

I am sure Honda could go back old school and build something really good if they wanted to , I am sure that there would be regulations and such to deal with , cost factors of materials , extra work for them , and they would loose out some on parts and atv sales of new replacements atvs sooner 

Open Letter to Honda

Bring back  Mr Takeuchi , before he passes , cause he is like 103 yrs.old , and have him bring back that loving felling from before 1982 and put it into the 86-90 atvs , and call it the  " Bayou Baja "  , I want a Blue One .... 

• Like 1

Now I got that Righteous Brothers song singing in my head.

I linked the Righteous Brothers on the Music thread  I grew up to that music ----------- Patsy Cline - Sweet Dreams comes to my mind , when I think about my Blue dream ^  , but then I wake up after hearing Patsy   singing " Crazy " ,  just another nightmare 

• Haha 1

Patsy , Sweet Dreams -- sums it up pretty good for me  " Why can't I forget the past , and move on to something new , and quit holding on to things I know can't come true , but I keep having sweet dreams on a new Honda in Blue " 

Honda turn the motor back around like a motorcycle should be 

• Like 1