Kevnic

What are your upcoming plans for your HONDA?

Plans for my 97 ....... Fender flares , and a 424 switch out, and trunk rack cover . May even shoot those rims with plasti-dip bright aluminum.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for getting us back on track J; thread got a lil wayward there lol

havent wrenched on my project since Turkey Day.

got a “new” starter in—a fleabay unit for $30–looked very good inside so i didn’t rebuild it. 

touching up corrosion with Total Solutions rust converter. Stuff works great—some of these pics show where i need to scrape and recoat. Frame had lots of deep surface corrosion from being stored in damp shed.  I would love to repaint the entire frame but i can ride it or repaint it. Fitted my painted header last night—not installing it until i get all the unpainted frame spots touched up. 

7868A9A4-64BC-43AF-BCDF-6322FF0D2DFB.jpeg

9C0D9680-5854-4C09-ADBD-96A56F7F58F7.jpeg

FE5A7BDF-3D93-47CE-8CBB-E5747CAB2A0E.jpeg

9A3E1806-4895-44D9-99B2-93706FFA8EBA.jpeg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Your welcome 🙂 , and that's just a sharp up coming tank super nice job, goober! 

Thanks Wilson i need to keep this project moving i have fenders laying around, a seat, boxes of parts, racks. I can’t get to my brewing, motorcycle, hunting, fishing, tanning, woodworking stuff!
I’m blessed with interests!!!

Here soon this hose clamp has to go..... What idiot would add something like this to a cv boot ?? People and there short cuts ....next will be the head light cleaning, then fender flairs ... 

image.jpg

• Haha 2

Tracks are pretty cool on them. They go about anywhere, about is the key word.  lol

tracks037_zpsd4fcdd41.jpg

• Like 2

I'm just curious as. To how much more power they require ... They would sure help my issues with hauling wood across my spring branch next season. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

They gear reduce the machine by about half so power isn't really an issue. Speed is cut in half in every gear (foot shift you want to start in 3rd it''s so low) and steering effort increases with the flat profile of the tracks. When your moving at a decent speed the steering isn't too bad but when going slow you really feel it. They are expensive but they go about anywhere. In mud the thick stuff you pretty much stay on top. Thin, watery silt stuff with no bottom I quit testing at about headlight deep since nothing would have gotten me out if I did get stuck. In snow they go in places you don't want to be. Hard dry ground they kick up a lot of dust.

I also have a set of J wheels but have only tested them in powder snow. They did good as long as you was moving at a decent pace but if you stopped it dug you down when trying to go again. For powder snow that still isn't that bad. I did very little riding in soft, muddy conditions but they did help. It's like running duals.

FB_IMG_1547519243126.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you. I need more bite then flotation ... I'll sure look into those tracks.... This season has been so wet....  It's just been a pain to haul from where have to go ..one thing I've run into is loosing traction on hills sides ... And being drug backward.... Along with some blows downs right next to my fence line ... In those places there's no going up down the hill side ways ... It's straight up, and straight down .... I tend to load heavy ... Lol maybe too much so.... 

image.jpg

If it's frozen ground that is just starting to thaw or ice the track will be giant skis. A good set of V bar chains will out perform them in those situations.

• Like 1

I have a couple sets of Mattrax Lites i took off a 450S and a 06 Rancher 350. Scary ride — fenders guards were cut off and chewed up; wheel bearings worn out. they neef to be on a bigger machine with power steering

im going to put the tracks on a newer SXS

• Like 1

Looks like myself and the 97 will. be starting early with firewood this season... As I'm sure as time goes,  things will get worse nation wide .... At least i think it's a good idea to get started just in case i catch covid ... Might as well try and be a head of things to come ... 

@Kevnic haven't seen you in while ....

Winch solenoid is acting up, works intermittently, don't think it is the switch, replaced that last fall with a good heavy duty one. Will have to get the meter out and figure it out. Should probably change brake fluid, I am sure the previous owner didn't. 

• Like 1

installed a brand new battery from my local honda dealership in my '03 trx450fm, mowed back yard, got a chain saw for a friend running again..then i'm sitting on my butt, helping atv owners fix their atv !..lol.

• Like 1

moved to the correct thread

what are your upcoming plans for your HONDA ?

what did you do with your atv today?

we  need a topic change to one of these threads .... 

Well, you are kinda at a cross road. I would put the filter back in and add the oil.  When the new filter comes in just swap it out. Unless there was an engine problem I wouldn't see a problem with it.

i would agree with @Chevymec

I did put it back in and added the oil. If I just remove the filter to swap it later would I lose all of the oil or just whats in the filter cover?

@01RUBY500 yes just the oil in the filter housing. i won't advise on using the old filter ...IMO  it depends on what the old oil looks like..