Koolaid

1990 honda fourtrax 300

Please help me get this thing back going. Its a long story but I also need to know how to correctly hook up my ignition wires. They don't go color to color which to me is really stupid. And I have no more forward or reverse all because I wanted to fix my oil leak

i called you, left a mesg, i wont beg you to call me for help, i highly recommend you call me back if you want help ??. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Koolaid.  Glad you finally posted here on Atvhonda. Your in better hands than with me.  I told you to post and you would get help weeks ago.  

• Thanks 1

@fishfiles , i'll do my best to get that 300 going..say a prayer...or ten ?!..lol. meh,...pretty sure i can get him going  !.

• Like 2

Koolaid , don't take offense of me not wanting to give you  my phone number , I had a bad experience with a member from the old site when I  gave out my phone number and address  and had the guy come to my house and didn't like the way it went ,  I am very cautious about giving out my number , they got some freaky people out there , LOL ---- when you posted your video and I watched it , I called Shade and we both watched it and seen you was for real and in a pickle , we were both touched by it , Shade didn't hesitate and jumped right to action and said " I got to help this guy  out " -----  Good Luck today 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

. i recall hearing about that visit lol! that same person has emailed me asking about the new forums :| i too have gotten some odd text before ... so yea i agree... maybe your cell number, and email,  but, never your home address! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

i just spent about 7-8 hours on phone support with koolaid, and we gave up for the night, but may have it narrowed down to him not getting the clutch arm on the shifting shaft lined up right ?, he's gonna give it another go sunday he says ?, one of us will report back if and when this puppy lives again ?!?..lol.

• Like 4

On 8/12/2020 at 7:01 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

. i recall hearing about that visit lol! that same person has emailed me asking about the new forums 😐 i too have gotten some odd text before ... so yea i agree... maybe your cell number, and email,  but, never your home address! 

i give out my address all the time, not worried about it, i got eyes in the sky..phone, lead in the beretta..come try my house...i got something fer ya !..lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

i hear you!  it's the same here ........come looking to cause trouble ... and your going get it. 

from CNP guy... lol! 

• Like 1

too anyone watching this thread ?, here is some pics of kool's trx300 clutch , at our last attempt sat night, as you ( or at least me ? ) can see that the clutch arm is suppose to be pointing right at the dead center of the lifter plate ?, but its not !.

IMG_1248.JPG

IMG_1249.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

only other thing that could be wrong ?, is some how the clutch disk and plates got  messed up when he knocked the cover off ?, but i have never seen this done simply by removing the clutch cover ?. i wish he could get this to me, i'd have it fixed in no time, and he could be headed back home to TN with a running trx300 !..lol.

• Like 2

Does that one have a shaft running from the back like my 450? If the cam thing back(That connects the foot shifter to the main shift shaft that we see coming out in the pic) at the shifter input got bent due to somone standing on it or dropping the engine w/foot shfter still on it....would that cause this? Mine also has some spring plates and things on the front side of the case nestled in behind the clutch that I don't see here. Presume its just a different design from an earlier era?

• Thanks 1

The clutch arm looks to be one spline off in the right pic above 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Melatv said:

Compare them 

Compare.jpg

right pic is off, please remember..he did this like 5-6 times ?, lol.

• Like 2

Hi , @Melatv , which engine is that in your pic on the left , yours ? 

3 hours ago, 87Iroc said:

Does that one have a shaft running from the back like my 450? If the cam thing back(That connects the foot shifter to the main shift shaft that we see coming out in the pic) at the shifter input got bent due to somone standing on it or dropping the engine w/foot shfter still on it....would that cause this? Mine also has some spring plates and things on the front side of the case nestled in behind the clutch that I don't see here. Presume its just a different design from an earlier era?

300's and 450's are not the same motors.

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Hi , @Melatv , which engine is that in your pic on the left , yours ? 

It"s a 2000 TRX300

• Like 1

shade ... that deal we talked over, is a no go..... he won't let anyone use that ford king ranch..... and that other guy is chasecoker from the old forums  .... he hasn't been seen sence 2018.... i sent him a PM when were looking for older members to joine over here  .... never got an answer ... back.

37 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

shade ... that deal we talked over, is a no go..... he won't let anyone use that ford king ranch..... and that other guy is chasecoker from the old forums  .... he hasn't been seen sence 2018.... i sent him a PM when were looking for older members to joine over here  .... never got an answer ... back.

oh well..crap happens...dont worry about it.

• Thanks 1

update: got to koolaids place at 5:45 am ( roughly ), pouring down rain driving to his place from the freeway, had to wait for him to get there, he was coming back from a job he had to run too. waited in my truck while he was getting the trailer awning down. then i sat there waiting for the rain to stop. finally about 7 am, it let up, got the atv pulled under the awning, up on milk crates, took the right side clutch cover off, everything looked right, EXCEPT THE CHANGE CLUTCH ?, the friction disk were not tight against the middle center plate !!. i asked him on the phone that night we first talked if they were tight ?, he said yes. then i find out that he thought i was talking about the centrifugal clutch ?!!..lol. anyway, i fixed the change clutch, fixed his ignition switch, packed up, sent bcs a text at 9:04, telling him i was headed back home. another happy ending !.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, shrade said:

Shade: didn't know you made house calls!  

lol, this is my second house call, i normally do not make house calls ?, but when koolaid was totally lost on this ?, i had to step up to the plate, and help the guy.

• Like 6