Freedomflyer

Week Night ride

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 4

sure hate to hear your trip was partly messed up by that mess, my younger sister lived out in Colorado for a short time, couldn't stand .. what was going on...but ... understands people with morals are few, and far between .. anyways ... glad y'all were able to enjoy some of the adventure... beautiful sunset pics :-)  FF. 

i would notify law enforcement, about what's been going on... medical card, or not ... that wouldn't hold and water with me. 

Beautiful pics as always FF

I think you better enjoy it while you can , I think the rats are being driven from the big cities to bring the disease they carry to the last areas that are not infected 

• Like 3

Thanks guys!   Fish I think you're right we are    seeing a lot of transplants  Move  Into this state and wanna keep changing it because they don't like how things are run here. They like the area but think there needs to be things shut down to preserve the natural habitat. Well if they wouldn't go out and abuse the natural habitat it wouldn't need to be changed. Before the covode thing hit this Spring there were people standing on the street corners everywhere with legalize marijuana signs and petitions to get it on the ballot. I could not believe the amount of people that were stopping in signing that stupid thing. Just another drug to dull the senses. I think part of the problem Of what happened on Monday was because this area is not that hard to get to it is only  A little over 4 miles from the parking area up to this look out. The rest of the ride we did not see one other person because we were so far back in. We have 4 areas here in The Valley now that are just overused. They are easy to get to And 2 of them are paved roads to get there. When they were gravel on kept roads that kept a lot of people out. I just need to get used to the fact that my own little world and Kingdom is changing lol. Just a bummer to see the disregard for other people. That's not the way we were brought up . My wife keeps telling me that people don't think like me and they are not me ! Probly a good thing they are not me because I might not be able to stand to be around myself lol. I guess we just need to  Go to different areas that are farther removed from the local traffic if we want a total get away experience. There is one picture With a big Orange cloud and a rock peak under it one of the guys it was in our group had hike there with his son and his son's friend it is about a 12 mile hike from the bottom trail head to the summit of that peak. 2' shy of 11000' so actually his head was above 11000' Feet. I asked him if he jumped up as high as he could to say he was over 11000' feet he said his vertical jump wasn't that high lol. Gotta hit the workaday grind hope you guys have a great day.

• Like 3

Do you bring an oxygen tank with you up to 11,000 feet for some one that might get altitude sickness , Rocky Mountain High !!! Watch out for them stoners , up that high and high they could be dangerous , could see going around one of them turns in the trail and meet head on with a head with a heavy head , LOL 

10 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

hesitated and said if we stayed where we parked that would probably be okay.

im not that easy going ... knowing me, i probobly would have told him to stuff his opinion ... expressed with an upper cut. lol! you have just as much right to be there, IMO, EVEN MORE! 

Ridiculous you have to have a medical card, even more ridiculous you have to explain to someone why you're smoking. I'm very surprised at the, um, old-fashioned points of view around here. 

Edited by Dredd

pretty much (the card) has to do those who use it for medical issues ..... which i reckon could be legit ?? .... plus that's just a reason to make it look all legal ... and taxable .. for those states that allow it... but .. the whole idea is just stupid to me .... because it's being abused, just like pain clinics were... and they should not be allowed on public, or park land... to destroy, or upset the natural habitat, 

what really burns me is some joker telling ff and his friends maybe where they parked would be okay ??? who's he to advise them whether it was okay or not ??? 

Yeah,  I guess we should just legalize everything that dulls your senses, let people do whatever they want, wherever they want, and have no filters. That would make this world a much better place.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

pretty much (the card) has to do those who use it for medical issues ..... which i reckon could be legit ?? .... plus that's just a reason to make it look all legal ... and taxable .. for those states that allow it... but .. the whole idea is just stupid to me .... because it's being abused, just like pain clinics were... and they should not be allowed on public, or park land... to destroy, or upset the natural habitat, 

what really burns me is some joker telling ff and his friends maybe where they parked would be okay ??? who's he to advise them whether it was okay or not ??? 

I take the opinion that anyone should be able to whatever they want as long as it doesn't affect others/ harm others.  If some pothead wants to fry his brain, or I want to drink 20 beers, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, why not?  I don't want someone telling me that I can't drink a case of beer, and I don't have the right to tell someone else they can't smoke a plant.  Of course, that means I don't have the right to ask them (society) to pay for my cirrhosis, and they don't have the right to ask me to pay for medical problems they may have from smoking.

But as far as them telling FF "I guess it's ok"......I would have been polite and tried to respect their space, but I wouldn't have asked permission........FF I guess you're a nicer person than I.  LOL

• Like 2

no, no.... i was talking about drugs..... as for drinking .... i learned long ago... if your going drink (which used to be me) do it wisely stay home... i feel the same about pot... as for the health issues causes by both..... your right! thats on the person / user . and not the problem for society to pay for.... so yes, I'm in total agreement ... in ff's case .... i agree with him.

Well if they wouldn't go out and abuse the natural habitat it wouldn't need to be changed. Before the covode thing hit this Spring there were people standing on the street corners everywhere with legalize marijuana signs and petitions to get it on the ballot. I could not believe the amount of people that were stopping in signing that stupid thing. Just another drug to dull the senses.

the place he calls home should be good enough for those people moving in, and from point ... once it's gets started it's just going spread like a virus... i know,  because I've seen it here where i call home. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

no, no.... i was talking about drugs..... as for drinking .... i learned long ago... if your going drink (which used to be me) do it wisely stay home... i feel the same about pot... as for the health issues causes by both..... your right! thats on the person / user . and not the problem for society to pay for.... so yes, I'm in total agreement ... in ff's case .... i agree with him.

the place he calls home should be good enough for those people moving in, and from point ... once it's gets started it's just going spread like a virus... i know,  because I've seen it here where i call home. 

That's the problem with nice places.  They attract people, and you'll get the bad with the good.  

At least around here nobody is really moving here.  Lots of people leaving.  Most see it as a bad thing.  I don't necessarily agree.

I hope enough stick around to keep enough businesses in town just for the sake of convenience, but otherwise, they can all go!

The western states are going to be covered by people fleeing california.  They'll destroy those states just like have CA.  Like a plague of locusts.

• Like 1

yeah... that worries me .... being this might be selfish of me, but around here... we don't want those newbies moving in for exactly that point .... so far we have this area mostly  .... still owned by old money / blood ... although i wouldn't mind seeing some neighbors ... getting gone..... things sure dont look good for the future..(except land prices) . .. it burns me about what's happening to ff's  home state ... but it's like you say ... the western states .. will go through a change ... 

Domes Bro ,  I  deleted your post as it really has nothing to do with atvs , and your 1st post at that  

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Domes Bro ,  I  deleted your post as it really has nothing to do with atvs , and your 1st post at that  

Fishfiles,

I sent this to your email so you can read it in case you decide to delete this post as well.

Fishfiles,

Thanks for the opportunity to respond.  For what it's worth, I happened to be on that ride with FF, and my ATV experience was impacted by that same worldview

On the one hand, I get it. You've got a job to do.I understand the need to keep on target with ATV. 

On the other, I would respectfully disagree with your deletion and submit that it has everything to do with Dredd's post.  Dredd's post was allowed and it had nothing to do with ATV either.  In fact, several of the posts that followed Dredd's post discussed much in the same line that had nothing to do with ATV.   

I get that it's a fine line to keep the forum atv, but there has to be some leeway.  You missed an opportunity to have your members actually think about something more deeply.      .

Incidentally, whether it was my first or 10,000th post should make no difference. I'm a member of other ATV, RC, truck, music, and educational forums.  I've posted hundreds of times, so, though it wasn't your forum, I am not inexperienced with it.  Candidly, including the number of posts as an additional reason for deletion is ill-advised.  Certainly not incentive to continue.

Anyway, thanks again for hearing me out.

DomesBro

Being it was your  first post made " all " the difference to me , if you would have joined the forum and posted something about atvs in the thread , then unloaded with your thoughts on weed  it may have hit me  different ----- to me it seemed you made " no " attempt to be part of the atv forum , just make a statement about weed ----  you mentioned Dredd's post , Dredd posted 160 times on this site , guess by my standards  he earned the  right to comment on FF's post , you posted two times now and both have nothing to do with atvs , you didn't even introduce yourself in the new member thread ----- off topic has become a problem lately , and you came aboard and dove right into it  ---- I was hesitant to deleted your  post and sent a copy to other mods for review as soon as it happened ,  figured I needed to stop it before everyone piled on and  the thread  really went a stray ----- your  copy and paste with the different font didn't help much , looked like  it was  pulled right out a text book ---  but that is just me , let the other mods and administrators decide to put it back up or not 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

why don't we get this thread back on the rails ?? all this mess does is get blood up for those that think this ---- really matters, and  this can also can be viewed by guest thinking of joining. ... i know one thing ....whether I'm a long time member, or not I'm not going to be ruled over .... I'll abide by the rules ... but to have someone tell me what i can, cannot talk about in open forum's ? ... nah ... that should addressed  email ... or PM. AND KEPT THERE, Dom... i agree with your thoughts ... but, IMO this should not have been posted in open forums. your a friend of ff... so ... you should already have a standing .here ... as each member here is a owner AS RETRO STATED....it should have nothing to do with a history of posting, or number of post, or threads because ive seen many newbies .. that post nothing about ATV's ... yet they are allowed to stay... cool off .. :-)  and join in. 

On 8/13/2020 at 9:45 AM, Freedomflyer said:

Yeah,  I guess we should just legalize everything that dulls your senses, let people do whatever they want, wherever they want, and have no filters. That would make this world a much better place.

• Not to kick a dead horse here, but misinformation should definitely be called out. What senses are you dulling FF? Pain receptors? Is that why cannabis is used extensively for pain relief? Stay in your lane. You obviously are not informed on the subject. I guess that's the difference in attitudes. I bet you those kids getting high on the side of the mountain didnt run home and talk $×÷t on a forum about you.so who really has a problem in this scenario?they do not need your approval or permission to be there. Unless you own the mountain? If you do, congrats! Wish I owned a mountain. While I agree making excessive noise and littering/destroying natural habitat is not acceptable, if I was on the side of a mountain smoking a joint watching the sunset and someone has a problem with that,it's just that. His problem. You have to be careful when making statements like "legalize anything that dulls the senses", it makes your ignorance on the issue shine through. Not trying to stand on a soapbox or change anyones mind, but foolish statements like "legalize anything the dulls the senses" needs to be addressed.blanket, all encompassing statements like this are very dangerous. I understand its sarcasm, but the premise is that cannabis is comparable to other drugs that "dull the senses". which is absolutely a foolish statement either way.if you truly believe legalizing cannabis is the same as legalizing heroin or cocaine, what can really be said about that? I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but either you are trolling or you are truly, completely uninformed. Maybe it's my situation as well, in canada it is 100% legal both medically and recreationally. There is lots of information out there if you wish to learn instead of just throwing out misguided opinions .if this is deleted, just know I'm not here to ! on anyone. But these old fashioned, uninformed attitudes are hopefully going to go away soon. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

oh boy...... here we go again.... so ff is thrown under the buss for stating facts ?? i don't think so.... i happen to agree with him, as do many members who are against drugs .... all the way......whether dope heads wish for them or not ... and if you think for a sec it just happens on public land ?? WRONG.... we've had weed grown our land which IS NOT PUBLIC PROPRTY!!! and WILL / HAS BE DELT WITH!!.... if you haven't already seen whats it's done to this country / the world ... well ... your the one who's ignorant ...and it shines for all to see.. old fashion values ... is what made this country ... and that's a fact. 

The views on pot are way different in the states and have been for years, I do smoke pot, but I use it for medical reasons. I'd rather smoke a joint, than drink a beer. I can come home from work have a puff, relax, have a bite to eat and go to bed and wake up sober. But if I come home and drink some beer, eat and go to bed, usually I wake up still impaired.

I grew up old school here, heck, my farmhouse is over 100 years old and put together with square nails...grandma had no problems with us smoking pot, she didn't like us drinking.

• Like 1

that's right at home / on your own property! ..... I've got no problem with that at all.... when i used to drink.... it was at home .... that's using judgement .... but as for being out in public / public property .... or .. or someone's else's property ... that's where I consider ...the lines being crossed... and NO personal judgement being used. ..... thank you! TBRider. it's about time someone stated this. 

i am not going to start deleting post ( YET ! ) but if this continues on about stuff that has nothing to do with atv's ?, then i will break out the delete button, and start handing out fines..and i'm sure you all know what this means ?., if not ?..then look it up !. stay on topic ?.or deal with the results, thats all i am going to say about this, I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANYMORE TALK ABOUT WHO DOES WHAT, WHERE, AND HOW ?, if its not about atvs, pics of sunsets on them ?, a great ride with it ?, well..look for your post to be deleted. i'm all for freedom of speech !..but somethings here cross the line, this is an atv forum, please..lets try to keep it about atvs and what we do with them !. get-r-done :-).

• Like 4

As someone who loves to argue about all kinds of things, including the rails this train went off of, I have to agree with Shade here. 

Now if ya'll want to argue about weed, there's always the chat section, which we just re-upped.

• Like 2