Fishfiles

College Sports

Congratulations to LSU for winning a trip to the SEC  Championship game  and a perfect 12-0 season and  to Joe " Burreaux "  for setting numerous records and being the leading pick for the Hiesman Trophy and becoming a Cajun wearing his new jersey name before the game 

The had some really good games this weekend , I didn't get to watch till 5:30 , seen the end of that Aurburn game and loved it , Coach Saban was  about to blow a gasket ( should have stuck around coach  ) and seen the LSU game in it's entirety ---  twice now , LOL 

Any Georgia fans on the board , you'll next !!! 

joe burreaux.jpg

• Like 1

I only had time to watch "the game". And osu smashed michigan.....Hard. although they did score the most points on us of anyone this whole season. At a whopping 27. With our average points scored of over 40 lol. We are gunna have a showdown for the ages at the top against lsu.

• Like 1

Heres a fun stat. All season had 142 points scored on us. That could be accomplished in 3 games on some teams. We scored 599 points on our opponents.......thats wicked!

• Like 1

That is an interesting stat you bought up , " OSU average points scored of over 40 "  , LSU average is 43 , sounds like a good final score LSU 43 OSU 40 ..... LOL 

You missed the over 40. I dont do math well so i dont know the exact number haha. Either way its gunna be a fun game to watch. Lsu is one heck of a team buddy. With osu is in the same situtaion. Its gunna be close.

1 minute ago, riverc said:

That #1 will be reversed soon to LSU lol

We shall see. Not taking anything away from LSU here. They are a great team. I just hope we can meet at the top and battle to the end. By the numbers osu is gunna stay number 1 in the rankings. But lsu had the harder schedule. We didnt play as many top 5 teams. But we did have more ranked teams on our schedule.

• Like 1

The real shocking thing to me is how few field goals osu had to settle for. They just always got touchdowns lol.

Not to take anything away from OSU , but I don't get how they are even ranked #1 over LSU , LSU beat 4 teams that were ranked  in the top ten , and a few more in the top 25 , and knocked off Alabama off their throne , that alone should be enough to put them first , and OSU had an easy schedule compared to LSU ---- they were saying that LSU had the hardest schedule of any team in a long time ----- a win over a quality team by any number of points , means more to me than how high you can run up the score on  a double A program team , LSU's total points per game was racked up against much harder teams then OSU played ------ I think them being ranked #2 might be an advantage as it is motivation for them  to prove something 

We shall see ..... 

2019 Ohio State Football Schedule

Date   Opponent Time/TV Tickets
Saturday
Aug. 31
Florida Atlantic Football Schedule Florida Atlantic OwlsOhio Stadium, Columbus, OH 12:00pm ETFOX W 45-21
Saturday
Sep. 7
Cincinnati Football Schedule Cincinnati BearcatsOhio Stadium, Columbus, OH 12:00pm ETABC W 42-0
Saturday
Sep. 14
Indiana Football Schedule at Indiana HoosiersMemorial Stadium, Bloomington, IN 12:00pm ETFOX W 51-10
Saturday
Sep. 21
Miami (Ohio) Football Schedule Miami (Ohio) RedHawksOhio Stadium, Columbus, OH 3:30pm ETBTN W 76-5
Saturday
Sep. 28
Nebraska Football Schedule at Nebraska CornhuskersMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE 7:30pm ETABC W 48-7
Saturday
Oct. 5
Michigan State Football Schedule 25 Michigan State Spartans (HC)Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH 7:30pm ETABC W 34-10
Saturday
Oct. 12
  OFF    
Friday
Oct. 18
Northwestern Football Schedule at Northwestern WildcatsRyan Field, Evanston, IL 8:30pm ETBTN W 52-3
Saturday
Oct. 26
Wisconsin Football Schedule 13 Wisconsin BadgersOhio Stadium, Columbus, OH 12:00pm ETFOX W 38-7
Saturday
Nov. 2
  OFF    
Saturday
Nov. 9
Maryland Football Schedule Maryland TerrapinsOhio Stadium, Columbus, OH 12:00pm ETFOX W 73-14
Saturday
Nov. 16
Rutgers Football Schedule at Rutgers Scarlet KnightsSHI Stadium, Piscataway, NJ 3:30pm ETBTN W 56-21
Saturday
Nov. 23
Penn State Football Schedule 8 Penn State Nittany LionsOhio Stadium, Columbus, OH 12:00pm ETFOX W 28-17
Saturday
Nov. 30
Michigan Football Schedule at 13 Michigan WolverinesMichigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, MI 12:00pm ETFOX W 56-27
Big Ten Championship Game
Saturday
Dec. 7
Wisconsin Football Schedule

vs Wisconsin BadgersLucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN

OSU , played 1 team that was in the top ten and that was a number 8 team , and two teams that were ranked 13 when they played them , all they rest of the teams they played are third tier teams 

8:00pm ETFOX

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Not to take anything away from OSU , but I don't get how they are even ranked #1 over LSU , LSU beat 4 teams that were ranked  in the top ten , and a few more in the top 25 , and knocked off Alabama off their throne , that alone should be enough to put them first , and OSU had an easy schedule compared to LSU ---- they were saying that LSU had the hardest schedule of any team in a long time ----- a win over a quality team by any number of points , means more to me than how high you can run up the score on  a double A program team , LSU's total points per game was racked up against much harder teams then OSU played ------ I think them being ranked #2 might be an advantage as it is motivation for them  to prove something 

We shall see ..... 

Im gunna call you on this one fish. Lsu played 5 ranked teams total. And thats including the championship they are gunna play next. 4 of the 5 were ranked top 5. But osu played 6 ranked teams. 2 in the top 5. Also including the championship they play next. Like i said before. We played more ranked teams but not as many ranked top 5. That being said im not looking at where they are ranked now. Im talking when we played them they were ranked. College teams change throughout the year alot. And also using the ap for some of it because the cfp rankings werent out yet. So alot of them drop out of ranking as the weeks go on. And the alabama point is moot. They are over rated every single year. Remember 2015? Proof they are over rated. We beat them with a backup qb lol

Look at the OSU schedule I posted above ^ , little numbers in front of the school , PennState was #8 , Michigan #13 , Wisconsin #13 and Michigan State #25 

Lsu = Texas #9 , Florida #7 , Auburn #9  and  Alabama #3 ,

I am not too good at math either , but that looks like 4 top ten wins for LSU and   one # 8 win for OSU  , from that score board above ^ OSU never beat a team in the top 5 

LSU 2019 

Date   Opponent Time/TV Tickets
Saturday
Aug. 31
Georgia Southern Football Schedule Georgia Southern EaglesTiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA 7:30pm ETSECN W 55-3
Saturday
Sep. 7
Texas Football Schedule at 9 Texas LonghornsDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX 7:30pm ETABC W 45-38
Saturday
Sep. 14
Northwestern State Football Schedule Northwestern State DemonsTiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA 7:30pm ETSECN W 65-14
Saturday
Sep. 21
Vanderbilt Football Schedule at Vanderbilt CommodoresVanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN 12:00pm ETSECN W 66-38
Saturday
Sep. 28
  OFF    
Saturday
Oct. 5
Utah State Football Schedule Utah State AggiesTiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA 12:00pm ETSECN W 42-6
Saturday
Oct. 12
Florida Football Schedule 7 Florida Gators (HC)Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA 8:00pm ETESPN W 42-28
Saturday
Oct. 19
Mississippi State Football Schedule at Mississippi State BulldogsDavis Wade Stadium, Starkville, MS 3:30pm ETCBS W 36-13
Saturday
Oct. 26
Auburn Football Schedule 9 Auburn TigersTiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA 3:30pm ETCBS W 23-20
Saturday
Nov. 2
  OFF    
Saturday
Nov. 9
Alabama Crimson Tide Football Schedule at 3 Alabama Crimson TideBryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, AL 3:30pm ETCBS W 46-41
Saturday
Nov. 16
Ole Miss Football Schedule at Ole Miss RebelsVaught-Hemingway Stadium, Oxford, MS 7:00pm ETESPN W 58-37
Saturday
Nov. 23
Arkansas Football Schedule Arkansas RazorbacksTiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA 7:00pm ETESPN W 56-20
Saturday
Nov. 30
Texas A&M Football Schedule Texas A&M AggiesTiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA 7:00pm ETESPN W 50-7
SEC Championship Game
Saturday
Dec. 7
Georgia Football Schedule vs Georgia BulldogsMercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA

If your using the rankings they have rightnow no they didnt. But the rank they had when we played them yes they did.

• Like 1

Unless im mixing up ap poll and cfp ranking? Which is possible i guess? But i could have sworn we played wiscinsin when they were number 5 i think it was. And penn state was 5 or 4. Again i could be mixing up polls.

• Like 1

Also and again i could be wrong here but i thought cincinnati was ranked in the cfp. They are ranked in the ap rightnow for sure. But with all these different polls and only one actually meaning anything its hard to keep track lol

• Like 1

LOL.  Yall remind me of us Arkansas fans saying "Well we had more yards than they did" when we lose a game and are trying to justify the idea that we're better.

It will be settled on the field well enough.  I guess #1 will get to play the 4 seed, so there's a little benefit to being 1, but I think ultimately LSU and OSU battle it out for the trophy this year, and when you get that point none of this other stuff matters.

If LSU thumps Georgia I think they'll jump to #1, regardless of what OSU does.

Edited by jeepwm69
  • Like 1

It should be what the team ranked when they were beaten -----

the system to pick the teams to play in the championship is flawed no doubt , I would be for bring in more team , maybe 8 , let it be all the winners of the different  major conferences and maybe threw in a couple of wildcards teams from the lesser conferences and let them play it out 

Slammed , you do know that , this year the championship game is going to be in the New Orleans SuperDome , I think that might be some home field advantage and that place gets load , LOL 

24 Ohio st, Wisconsin 21 going into the 4th quarter. Lsu is gunna leap frog them for number 1. And they should. They have no one to blame but themselves.

OSU 31, WI, 21 now... totally different looking team in the 2nd half.