Fishfiles

College Sports

13 minutes ago, jeffo21 said:

Well now River that would have meant a trip to the 49er's first.

Yes that's correct,but losing in the first round sucks.

31 minutes ago, KoolBreeze said:

Wow I had a total failure on that prediction! Oh, it was an interesting game up until the part of the way through the 3rd quarter at least. It was obvious to anyone who was watching who had the better team for sure but dang Lawrence had the worst game passing the ball I've seen him play, which is not very many.

Maybe he's not played against a defense good as LSU.

26 minutes ago, riverc said:

Maybe he's not played against a defense good as LSU.

Dont think that’s it. His throws were off. Just not his night maybe, don’t know. Besides he dismantled Alabama last year and did wasn’t too shabby against Ohio St a couple weeks ago.  But that’s not to take anything away from LSU, they were clearly better. 

58 minutes ago, KoolBreeze said:

Wow I had a total failure on that prediction! Oh, it was an interesting game up until the part of the way through the 3rd quarter at least. It was obvious to anyone who was watching who had the better team for sure but dang Lawrence had the worst game passing the ball I've seen him play, which is not very many.

I think I saw Lawrence get his bell rung , it seemed he was never the same after taking " that " hit , he was on target the first half and in the second half throwing balls that were not even close to the receivers  

17 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I think I saw Lawrence get his bell rung , it seemed he was never the same after taking " that " hit , he was on target the first half and in the second half throwing balls that were not even close to the receivers  

Yes fish mentioned the "hit" last night, I missed it, but correct he was spot on in the first quarter.....altho he did get more pressure once the pass rush got going....

• Like 1

It was a third down play , LSU hit Lawrence hard , the drive ended with a 4th down and they went to commercial , LSU got the ball and it was a while  before Clemson offense  returned to the field , but I noticed after that he wasn't the same 

• Like 1

This sums up the achievements of LSU's season pretty good 

Coach O needs to check out my FoodChannel thread ---   com'on Coach , a ham sandwich or some boudin !!! LOL  Go Tigers !!!! 

It was the year of the Tiger for Nick Saban coach of Alabama , as the Tide was beaten this year by the Clemson Tigers , the Auburn Tigers , the LSU Tigers , and apparently even Tony the Tiger as  when asked about it by reporters , Saban said " I can't even look at my box of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes without losing it " 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11/9/2019 = The best college football all time , if you are an LSU fan !!! 

Latest I heard on LSU was , SEC teams are talking about only playing other SEC teams , which would be fine with me , it would shorten the season , but all the games should be good ones , I know last year LSU played 4 non-conference games an 8 conference games , so maybe a 8 game season ----   

I sure hope they play college football this year , Coach O is GungHo for the season to happen, he was on the news this week about what he thinks about the season , as usual he says " We need everyone to get together in a team effort to get this season going " , LOL 

when Clemson took on  LSU, now that was a great game! ..... just wish i had not deleted it, i must have watched that game 10 times... lol. 

• Like 1

FULL SCHEDULE: LSU announces 10-game, SEC-only schedule

The season will kick off on Sept. 26 against Mississippi State
71b5ec8f-eb4f-4a49-9218-8945ec82bf22_16x71b5ec8f-eb4f-4a49-9218-8945ec82bf22_750
Credit: AP
LSU cornerback Kristian Fulton leaves the field after a NCAA College Football Playoff national championship game against Clemson, Monday, Jan. 13, 2020, in New Orleans. LSU won 42-25. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)
Author: WWL Staff
Published: 6:28 PM CDT August 17, 2020
Updated: 6:29 PM CDT August 17, 2020
Facebook Twitter

NEW ORLEANS — LSU announced their new SEC-only schedule Monday night, showing who and here they'll be playing this season.

University presidents from the SEC agreed to play a 10-game, conference-only schedule this season in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to the SEC.

The season will kick off on Sept. 26, three weeks later than their usual start. The SEC championship game will take place on Dec. 19.

Full Schedule

Week 1 | 9/26 LSU vs. Mississippi State

Week 2 | Oct. 3 LSU at Vanderbilt 

Week 3 | Oct. 10 LSU vs. Missouri 

Week 4 | Oct. 17 LSU at Florida 

Week 5 | Oct. 24 LSU vs. South Carolina 

Week 6 | Oct. 31 LSU at Auburn 

Week 7 | Nov. 7 Bye 

Week 8 | Nov. 14 LSU vs. Alabama 

Week 9  | Nov. 21 LSU at Arkansas 

Week 10 | Nov. 28 LSU at Texas A&M 

Week 11 | Dec. 5 LSU vs. Ole Miss 

People were talking about Arkansas' schedule the other day, and one of the guys said "2-8".

I looked at him and said "And what teams do you think Arkansas is going to beat?  NONE OF THEM"

Today is the first game for LSU and our new QB , looking forward to it as I gave up on the NFL and the Saints , seen a couple of college games this year but never really got into it them ------

same old same old on the menu , Louisiana wild caught shrimp , I'd call them 16-20s , $4 a pound normal price , got them for $3.50 , 25 pounds , going to do 5 pounds BBQ'ed and 20 pounds boiled , might even put a few on a stick on the grill , been saving a jug of cinnamon flavored white lightning  , so tomorrow is going to be rough 

my buddy owes me a ice chest full for working on his machine , he put his boat inside the flood gates for the last storm and the gates still have not opened up yet as the water has been high , heard they might open them gates  today , he missed out on a good run of shrimp after the storm as all that water fell out , it was 5 ft above normal 

fullsizeoutput_d43.jpeg

LSU's new quarterback didn't impress me much , but I am willing to give him another shot to get his bearings , quite a few of his passes were dropped that should have been caught ----- the game was not as close as the score reflected to me , Mississippi State ran and passed all  over them --------   had a good time , ate well and there is always next week 

• Like 1

I watched the LSU vs M-State game yesterday.  It was an entertaining back and forth game.  I am an avid football fan.  LSU defence was the reason they lost IMO.

• Like 1