Fishfiles

College Sports

I watched it  ,what channel I was on  ,  not sure , wasn't impressed by OSU performance , if not for the refs getting involved in the 2nd half ,  they should have lost that one , definitely not National Champion credentials at 6-0 on what they achieved 

• Like 2

Notre Dame got destroyed ,  Texas A+M looked good , OSU didn't impress at all , I'd throw Notre Dame and OSU out the top 4 !  If anything move Notre Dame down to 4 , OSU out  and let Texas A+M have another chance at Alabama 

Not sure what game you were watching? But all the calls the refs made went against ohiostate. As they always are. Which we normally are prepared for. But i do agree they did not impress anyone. They were really trying to help Fields in his bid for the heisman. But should have stuck with the run alot earlier. Had they done that it would have been a different game. Northwestern had our throwing game on lockdown from the start. Still what is being said is osu didnt need to win with style points. Just win and your in. But i agree they are gunna get dropped early if they play like that. Playing without 20 players due to covid and injury didnt help. And fields missing his #1 target of the year in Olave didnt help us either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

that's the one i was watching, i didn't watch long after the bad calls. it was plain to see the coach was NOT happy. 

Still not sure what game you guys were watching? Must have missed all the "bad calls"? All i saw was ohiostate get out played both sides of the ball the first 3 quarters. Then the 4th they just stuck to the run that was working and Sermon ran over there defense. His average for the game was like 15 yards or something crazy. Im still trying to figure the math used for @Fishfiles to want to throw osu out who beat a ranked team. For Texas A&M. Who beat a 3-7 unranked team? That will never make sense to me i guess? I mean ohiostate didnt look good. I agree 100%. But throwing out notre dame and osu because A&M beat a 3-7 team is alittle aggressive IMO.

Fields played injured, our defense only gave up one Touchdown and a field goal. No points aloud in the 2nd half! And Trey Sermon's 331 rushing yards were the most in any conference championship game in FBS history! And he broke Ohio State's single-game record, previously held by 1995 Heisman Trophy-winner Eddie George. And the ! commissioner was the one not letting the BigTen start when other conferences started playing, including the team his son played for. So OSU had a couple games cancelled for covid, but we started late because someone up top wanted the big ten out!

• Like 1

When I say the refs got into it , sometimes the " NO " calls are worst then the " BAD " calls  ,  one here , one there keeps the drive going or shuts the drive down , makes a difference between 3 points , 7 points  or nothing  ----  makes me wonder sometimes  if it is fixed for Vegas , especially when you look at the " over and under "  aspect bet of the game 

Still say OSU never played anybody this year in their only 6 games , they only played two teams that were ranked , had a very hard time with both , Northwestern was a 15 ranked team , without some help from the refs , they were beat ---  there are teams with better resumes ---- don't matter to me who's fault it was that they only played 6 games , it is what it is 

Notre Dame was ranked #2 and got their butt handed to them yesterday 34-10 but the #3 team Clemson , so no doubt Notre dame  don't deserve to be in the playoffs 

Texas A+M lost to #1 Alabama and #3 Clemson , so I guess you right , they had their chance -------  but at least they played a full season 

I think LSU will be better next year , they got a QB in the makings , wish they would have put him in early in the season , and they just recruited one of the best HighSchool QB's in the country 

Well stages are set. Ohiostate will have the re-match we all wanted to see! We will also get to see if Notre Dame's last game was "just an off night" or if they can actually compete at the top 4 level. Personally i think Bama is gunna handle them pretty easy. Time will tell.

• Like 1

O have been 1/2 watching  the 2014 replay of the BCS  National Championship while jamming to tunes  , wow what a game that was , I can't remember what I ate last weekend , so it was very interesting game not remembering it --- 

It is a shame that a 6-0 team is on a championship game held in the Sugar Bowl in my home town of New Orleans this year , when there are teams with a better record out there , LOL 

On 12/14/2020 at 4:04 PM, Fishfiles said:

Dan Mullen coach of Florida said it best ::  

"" Mullen said. “I know we’ve played 10 games so I guess probably the best thing to do would’ve been to play less games. Because you seem to get rewarded this year for not playing this year in college football.”

I

So coach Mullen should have taken his own advice and not played in there bowl game dismantaling......lol

Case and point for a coach finding a way to point blame anywhere but his teams failure.

Well its very obveous to me that ohiostate didnt belong in the top 4. Am i right? 21 point leading win over Clemson just wasnt good enough! Just keep telling them they dont belong and see what happens lol. Fuel for the fire!

Eat your words Dabo!

part0.jpg

• Like 1

I didn't watch the OhioState game , protested it , seen they won on SportsCenter this morning , so I can't really comment on the way they played --------  still don't think they deserved to be there , it isn't  fair to all the teams that played a full season ---- teams that played every week got beat up , tired , where Ohio State was fresher from not playing ----  they need an asterisk next to that win  = * (incomplete season , only played 6 games )  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I didn't watch the OhioState game , protested it , seen they won on SportsCenter this morning , so I can't really comment on the way they played --------  still don't think they deserved to be there , it isn't  fair to all the teams that played a full season ---- teams that played every week got beat up , tired , where Ohio State was fresher from not playing ----  they need an asterisk next to that win  = * (incomplete season , only played 6 games )  

Only thing unfair about it, was that they were not aloud to play a full season. I personal dont think Clemson and Notre Dame deserved it, with a loss.

31 minutes ago, m_quick said:

Only thing unfair about it, was that they were not aloud to play a full season. I personal dont think Clemson and Notre Dame deserved it, with a loss.

I can see both sides of it. Some say its an advantage. Some say its a dis-advantage. Seems the majority of the playoff committee say its more of a dis-advantage not being able to get settled in and comfortable playing with your team and playing through adversity to grow as a team. All i can do is wonder what would make someone want to throw a team that obveously deserved to be there out for a team that didnt? What is the goal there? Your either scared of said team. Or you dont want the system to work the way it was designed. Finding the best team is that goal. Plain and simple. Nothing else really matters aside from cheating of course. Saying a team that played less games is more "fresh" is useless. Injury is part of the game and can and will happen anytime anywhere. That all comes down to luck. Not really skill of any kind. Thats my .02

41 minutes ago, 01RUBY500 said:

All I can say is “oh how I hate Ohio State”

LoL without looking at where you are from. I can tell your from michigan! Haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/2/2021 at 6:21 PM, SlammedRanger said:

LoL without looking at where you are from. I can tell your from michigan! Haha

Yea Michigan knew they didn't have a chance against the Buckeye's, so they decided to cancel the game trying to knock us out of the big ten championship. Nice try Fichigan, lol....

I think OSU might be a good bet against Alabama on the 10th of January , you get 20 points with OSU before they kick off  , but I am not sure they are going to cover that 20 points  , I would feel better with about 37 1/2 points ---- my prediction on the final score , 54-17 Alabama 

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I think OSU might be a good bet against Alabama on the 10th of January , you get 20 points with OSU before they kick off  , but I am not sure they are going to cover that 20 points  , I would feel better with about 37 1/2 points ---- my prediction on the final score , 54-17 Alabama 

Had you watched the OSU game, I don't think you'd be giving Bama  that big of a margin. 

OSU didn't play much of a schedule this year, but they looked strong in the game against Clemson.  If they bring that game to Bama it will be close.

2 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Had you watched the OSU game, I don't think you'd be giving Bama  that big of a margin. 

OSU didn't play much of a schedule this year, but they looked strong in the game against Clemson.  If they bring that game to Bama it will be close.

I watched a sports special , Alabama has been to the Championship game  5 out the last 6  years  , and going by numbers , Saban has the best quarterback , best running back , best receiver  and beat the teams they played by the biggest margins than any other of his Championship teams , so they say this year Alabama is the best team Alabama has ever gone to the Championship game with , but any given Sunday 

• Like 1