Fishfiles

College Sports

#16 Tulane ( New Orleans ) plays #10 USC in the Cotton Bowl 

#17 LSU plays Purdue in the Citrus Bowl 

Both games are  at 12 o'clock , I better put new batteries in the remote , LOL 

• Like 1

What a game by the Tulane GreenWave , they were down by 15 points  with a couple of minutes to go 

I don't watch too much NFL football , but I do watch Joe Burrows and the Cincinnati Bengals when they play and happen to be watching last night >>>>     Damar Hamlin ( 24 years old ) is the NFL player on the Buffalo Bills team who had a cardiac arrest during the Bills/ Bengals game yesterday , he is in critical condition and prayers to him and his family 

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I don't watch too much NFL football , but I do watch Joe Burrows and the Cincinnati Bengals when they play and happen to be watching last night >>>>     Damar Hamlin ( 24 years old ) is the NFL player on the Buffalo Bills team who had a cardiac arrest during the Bills/ Bengals game yesterday , he is in critical condition and prayers to him and his family 

Sounds like more "sudden and unexpected"

Wild end to the Miss St/ Illinois bowl game.  I think Coach Leach was smiling down at that last play, especially since the spread was -3, so lots of bets changed with that play as time expired.

• Like 1

With the NFL player having cardiac arrest and dying on the field , it is not being mentioned that all football players were required to be vaccinated and boosted , it very well could have been from being vaccinated  , but they are not even going to mention that 

Wow , freedom of speech has made it's way into the college bowl games , just heard that an broadcast announcer of the Tulane / USC game was suspended for using the term illegal aliens during the broadcast 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

With the NFL player having cardiac arrest and dying on the field , it is not being mentioned that all football players were required to be vaccinated and boosted , it very well could have been from being vaccinated  , but they are not even going to mention that 

Yep.  Thus my comment above

Sounds like more "sudden and unexpected"

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Wow , freedom of speech has made it's way into the college bowl games , just heard that an broadcast announcer of the Tulane / USC game was suspended for using the term illegal aliens during the broadcast 

The sad thing is, I would understand it were it some racial slur, but "illegal aliens" covers all races, genders, religions etc.  It is a status someone chooses, not something discriminatory.

The clown world continues.

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

The sad thing is, I would understand it were it some racial slur, but "illegal aliens" covers all races, genders, religions etc.  It is a status someone chooses, not something discriminatory.

The clown world continues.

Just got off the phone with a friend and found that another broadcaster  on a separate incident on the same game got suspended for saying something about black athletes do well when they have a father figure 

56 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Just got off the phone with a friend and found that another broadcaster  on a separate incident on the same game got suspended for saying something about black athletes do well when they have a father figure 

Well that might be insulting to someone who did not have a father and had done well for themselves, but statistically that announcer was correct.  

Of course, had the announcer just omitted the race from the equation, the statement would still hold true and he would not have been in trouble.

• Like 1

Tidal Wave - last 4:00 minutes of the Tulane / USC Bowl Game 

Congrats to Georgia for winning the College Playoffs decisively , not going to lie I was pulling for TCU , was very surprised  at how bad they got beat ----   

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Congrats to Georgia for winning the College Playoffs decisively , not going to lie I was pulling for TCU , was very surprised  at how bad they got beat ----   

Just confirms the committee got it wrong. Should obveously have been ohiostate vs georgia for the final. If they were actually worried about putting best vs best and not other things. They should have made ohiostate play michigan again to prove we belonged in the top 4. That and us vs georgia was the game everyone wanted to see and should have seen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

Just confirms the committee got it wrong. Should obveously have been ohiostate vs georgia for the final. If they were actually worried about putting best vs best and not other things. They should have made ohiostate play michigan again to prove we belonged in the top 4. That and us vs georgia was the game everyone wanted to see and should have seen.

Yep , they got it so wrong this year , that was the worst Championship game ever , definitely was not entertaining --- I heard talk of them going to a different system next year , think it is a 12 team play off instead of 4 

9 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Yep , they got it so wrong this year , that was the worst Championship game ever , definitely was not entertaining --- I heard talk of them going to a different system next year , think it is a 12 team play off instead of 4 

Yep i think its confirmed for 2024. There were some other changes aswell. But the 12 team change was the most impactfull.

th?id=OSB.AA52Jed.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Georgia Bulldogs 15 0 1.000 1575 W15
-
th?id=OSB.AA52YD8.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
TCU Horned Frogs 13 2 .867 1484 L1

th?id=OSB.AA2d0g7.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Michigan Wolverines 13 1 .929 1438 L1

th?id=OSB.BBitdU8.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Ohio State Buckeyes 11 2 .846 1394 L2
-
th?id=OSB.AA2cVc0.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Alabama Crimson Tide 11 2 .846 1303 W4
-
th?id=OSB.AA2cVbU.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Tennessee Volunteers 11 2 .846 1294 W2
-
th?id=OSB.AA2cQ3B.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Penn State Nittany Lions 11 2 .846 1200 W5

th?id=OSB.AA536j8.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Washington Huskies 11 2 .846 1097 W7

th?id=OSB.AA2cSCw.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Tulane Green Wave 12 2 .857 1025 W4

th?id=OSB.AA2cNvn.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Utah Utes 10 4 .714 876 L1

th?id=OSB.BBnygkF.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Florida State Seminoles 10 3 .769 814 W6

th?id=OSB.AA2cNtS.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
USC Trojans 11 3 .786 795 L2

th?id=OSB.AA2cV9K.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Clemson Tigers 11 3 .786 791 L1

th?id=OSB.AA52BJ4.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Kansas State Wildcats 10 4 .714 784 L1

th?id=OSB.AA2cXJM.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Oregon Ducks 10 3 .769 758 W1
-
th?id=OSB.AA2cQ59.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
LSU Tigers 10 4 .714 757 W1
-
th?id=OSB.AA52Tth.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Oregon State Beavers 10 3 .769 742 W4
-
th?id=OSB.AA2d2Pb.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Notre Dame Fighting Irish 9 4 .692 535 W1

th?id=OSB.AA2cQ6Q.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Troy Trojans 12 2 .857 322 W11

th?id=OSB.AA2cNuz.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Mississippi State Bulldogs 9 4 .692 320 W3

th?id=OSB.AA2cVbJ.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
UCLA Bruins 9 4 .692 243 L1

th?id=OSB.BBZSzV8.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Pittsburgh Panthers 9 4 .692 233 W5
-
th?id=OSB.AA2d0hM.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
South Carolina Gamecocks 8 5 .615 180 L1

th?id=OSB.AA2cQ5I.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Fresno State Bulldogs 10 4 .714 164 W9
-
th?id=OSB.BB30sCc.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Texas Longhorns 8 5 .615 95 L1

This is mind boggling , I think Stetson  Bennett IV has a great , lucrative future in store in  the NFL , most likely the number 1 pick 

image.png

I tell you , watch out for Colorado next year , Coach Prime ( Deion Sanders / Prime Time  ) is the real deal , I have seen a couple of stories on him and have a totally different appreciation of him --- Love his commercials with Nick Saban , the Aflac duck and the goat 

image.png

On the NFL note , I like Trevor Lawrence and follow him  and hope him and Joe Burrows get to match up in the playoffs , well yesterday Trevor was down 27-0 after throwing 4 interceptions in the first quarter ,  well he came back to win it 31 to 30 

Then when doing some reading ,  I read this below and was shocked about Trevor

"" 

Lawrence  won the National Championship in 2019 as a Freshman at Clemson He is noted for his long blond hair.

In 2021, Lawrence, among other high-profile athletes and celebrities, was a paid spokesperson for FTX, a cryptocurrency exchange. In November 2022, FTX filed for bankruptcy, wiping out billions of dollars in customer funds. Lawrence, alongside other spokespeople, is currently being sued for promoting unregistered securities through a class-action lawsuit.  "" 

Hats off to Joe Burrow and the Cincinnati Bengals , not only did they beat the Buffalo Bills , they also bet the NFL , Roger Goodell , Fanduel and the referees ---- the NFL had allowed the Bills to sell tickets to next week's playoff game , only one problem , the Bills are not going to be there , LOL 

image.png

• Like 1

The NFL is blocking the video of Joe Burrow's interview where he said " They better send them refunds " ,  I just tried to post it here and it pops up  " NFL owned video not to be shared  " ,  LOL