Fishfiles

College Sports

5 wins over top 10 teams ,   Go Tigers !!! ------- My most memorable moment of the season was LSU snapping  Alabama's 31 home game winning streak ....

Well the stages are set. And i 100% agree with the way it hashed out. Buckeyes dropped the ball so hard in that first half they deserved to drop out of 1st. Gives them the chance to beat the without a doubt 2 best teams in college football though. LSU is gunna handle the Sooners and i honestly think any of the other teams in the top 4 and a few from the top 10 could stomp them.

Such a long wait till the next game.  Dec 27th for LSU in the peach bowl. This season went by in a flash.   I am hoping for LSU  / OSU  to be the Final game.  So slammed and I can make some kind of wager.  Lol.  The final game is in New Orleans  Last I heard the cheapest ticket is going around $600.  I’ll be watching from home.   Last weekend was the bayou classic in the super dome. 15 people got shot 

35 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Such a long wait till the next game.  Dec 27th for LSU in the peach bowl. This season went by in a flash.   I am hoping for LSU  / OSU  to be the Final game.  So slammed and I can make some kind of wager.  Lol.  The final game is in New Orleans  Last I heard the cheapest ticket is going around $600.  I’ll be watching from home.   Last weekend was the bayou classic in the super dome. 15 people got shot 

I remember when OU played LSU for the BCS in NOLA.  All the OU fans were crying about how crazy the LSU fans were.  I got a real kick out of it.  OU fans were all crying about cars being turned over and getting beer poured on them after the game.

Never liked OU after sitting through the 2002 Cotton Bowl.  OU was ranked pretty high, Arkansas was 7-5 IIRC.  All the OU fans around us were complete jerks, and even started a fight with one of my group.  They're my "I root for whoever they're playing" team.

The corndogs (I say that with affection Fish) go NUTS down there.  Probably the craziest fan base in NCAA.

• Like 1

It will most likely be 50/50 fan base for that game.  But I bet LSU’s 50% is going to be louder.  Lets hope no one gets tea bagged. Lol 

Congratulations to Joe Burrow , he won the Hiesman Trophy with the highest number of votes ever ------- Wish the Saints could get him 

Drew Brees put on a show last night in the Super Dome , he threw 28-29 completions for a 96.6% completion ratio which is a NFL record  , completed the last 22 passes in a row , 4 passing TD's which pushes him to the all time passing TD leader at 541 TD's as he  passes Peyton Manning 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Congratulations to Joe Burrow , he won the Hiesman Trophy with the highest number of votes ever ------- Wish the Saints could get him 

Drew Brees put on a show last night in the Super Dome , he threw 28-29 completions for a 96.6% completion ratio which is a NFL record  , completed the last 22 passes in a row , 4 passing TD's which pushes him to the all time passing TD leader at 541 TD's as he  passes Peyton Manning 

Been a long time since LSU had a Hiesman winner.Hope he gets drafted in the NFL and has a great career.

Not doubt he will be drafted , I would think in the top 5 for sure , maybe number 1 , as of right now Cincinnati has the first pick , I think the Saints should make a deal with who ever gets first pick and get Burrow 

I think it was Billy Cannon and 60 years ago , who and when the last LSU Hiesman winner was 

Kid is a class act, and Orgeron is too. 

After the Arkansas game this year he said “There wasn’t going to be celebration for beating Arkansas,They haven’t beaten anyone in a long time.”

The press jumped on it, and he apologized.  I didn't feel like he owed anyone an apology.  What he said was 100% correct.

Jalen Hurts is another class act.  Glad to see the stage have some good people on it now and not just brash, arrogant thugs.

• Like 1

Retro , I seen you stuck a like on the Burrow speech , that was touching , aaaa !! 

To my Canadian friends out there , how do you spell A  , you know when you add a A after a sentence , example : Them Can-Ams sure do break a lot , a ! LOL 

• Like 1

Jeep , I missed the Arkansas apology !  Sometimes the truth hurts , specially in todays world were everyone is suppose to get a participation trophy for showing up , LOL 

Dat guy ride dem souped up sport quads and like dem OSU boys sure has been quiet lately .....  sure hope to see dem OSU boys down in the Super Dome on January 7 for the Battle on da Bayou , so we can end dis stuff once and for all on who dat be #1 ....  

10 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Retro , I seen you stuck a like on the Burrow speech , that was touching , aaaa !! 

To my Canadian friends out there , how do you spell A  , you know when you add a A after a sentence , example : Them Can-Ams sure do break a lot , a ! LOL 

Its spelled 'eh'

• Like 1

Thanks TRXstudent , I really like that word / saying  and going to try and use it more ! ----- You know dem Acadians down here migrated from Canada back when  , or maybe they got thrown out , eh !!! 

Lol, It rolls off the tongue for most up here, I'm pretty sure I've heard some Americans (couldn't tell you which state) use 'ah' or 'hah' where we use 'eh'. There's a whole history on Loyalists and Patriots? People in our maritime (well, every province) provinces have a real complicated history of moving, settling, conquering, fleeing, settling, moving, etc having to do with country of origin, religion, who they were allied to European, North American, and Indigenous. Its real interesting history to know that some French descendants settled in Louisiana and areas. Not just Acadians, Quebecers too i think.

Sorry for Hijacking the football thread eh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Dat guy ride dem souped up sport quads and like dem OSU boys sure has been quiet lately .....  sure hope to see dem OSU boys down in the Super Dome on January 7 for the Battle on da Bayou , so we can end dis stuff once and for all on who dat be #1 ....  

Haha yeah im going crazy not getting to watch them play. Been spending alot of time working even harder since my truck is down for the count in my garage. I wasnt shocked to see Burrow get the heisman. Now Hurts getting second place was a bit of a shock. It just hit home how rigged all these things are now a days. Burrow 100% deserved the trophy though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRX Student said:

Lol, It rolls off the tongue for most up here, I'm pretty sure I've heard some Americans (couldn't tell you which state) use 'ah' or 'hah' where we use 'eh'. There's a whole history on Loyalists and Patriots? People in our maritime (well, every province) provinces have a real complicated history of moving, settling, conquering, fleeing, settling, moving, etc having to do with country of origin, religion, who they were allied to European, North American, and Indigenous. Its real interesting history to know that some French descendants settled in Louisiana and areas. Not just Acadians, Quebecers too i think.

Sorry for Hijacking the football thread eh.

Dude , there is no hi-jacking of any thread I started , it is come as you are , say what you want , do as you please , glad to have you reply , " EH " !!! 

Ya , we got some of dat Canadian blood down here on da bayou !! 

• Like 1

Slammed , I don't remember reading about your truck going down , what happen to it 

I can't wait for dat next game me'self , Cotton Bowl I think dey  call it , ya know Louisiana is famous for picking cotton ,  I think LSU gonna over dare and pick dem boys apart like a 5 years olds' Christmas present's  wrapping on Christmas morning , we gonna rip dem a new one !!!!  

3 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Slammed , I don't remember reading about your truck going down , what happen to it 

Probably one of the most random and annoying problems you could ever have. Gas tank vent went bad. Made pumping gas into it near impossible. (Pump would just shut off) Took and hour and a half to fill up the 35 gallon tank at a trickle pace. Whole new gas tank on order 10 days out..........but its been 8 days already so it will be fixed soon.

• Like 1