Fishfiles

College Sports

I had a service truck once that had a utility body on it , it was so hard to put fuel in that truck , I had a block of wood cut where you could stick it in the handle and it would barely pump , you still had to stand by cause it would cough up diesel sometimes , it had a 52 gallon tank and took 1/2 to fill it up ------- I got feed up with it and  I went to buy some filler hose that was compatible with diesel , which would  fit the filler neck and the tank and couldn't  find any , so I went to the Dodge dealer , I never forget this , told the parts guy what I wanted and he says  " ya we got that hose , how much you want , it is sold in length " , " I say , " give me about 3 feet " , he says " it's $5.82 an inch " , I went home took measurements , went to the muffler shop and got some exhaust pipe bent and squeezed to O.D. and bought 1 ft of that special hose and made two 6 inch splices with double clamps , worked fine then a couple of years later , one of the rear tires separated and took out the fill tube and I had to do it again 

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I had a service truck once that had a utility body on it , it was so hard to put fuel in that truck , I had a block of wood cut where you could stick it in the handle and it would barely pump , you still had to stand by cause it would cough up diesel sometimes , it had a 52 gallon tank and took 1/2 to fill it up ------- I got feed up with it and  I went to buy some filler hose that was compatible with diesel , which would  fit the filler neck and the tank and couldn't  find any , so I went to the Dodge dealer , I never forget this , told the parts guy what I wanted and he says  " ya we got that hose , how much you want , it is sold in length " , " I say , " give me about 3 feet " , he says " it's $5.82 an inch " , I went home took measurements , went to the muffler shop and got some exhaust pipe bent and squeezed to O.D. and bought 1 ft of that special hose and made two 6 inch splices with double clamps , worked fine then a couple of years later , one of the rear tires separated and took out the fill tube and I had to do it again 

Only problem is my truck is a 2012 so it has all the emission crap and i have to pass emission since its my truck i use for work...

• Like 2

Fish quit drinking that swamp water. OU is going to win and then meet Clemson for the title and win.

• Like 1

Yeah, pretty impressive fellah that Burrows is, ehh? Coach O won the Heismann too, lets not forget. That fact helps to explain the four records broken in the Heismann voting this year. Classy humans, both of 'em, eh!

• Like 1

Coach O ,  "  ehhh ,  you'll boys win dis next game and I am going to get you'll a dump truck load of crayfish , you'll win the one after that and I am going to fill LSU's swimming pool with gumbo " 

• Like 1

Yup! Coach O is the 12th man on the field in every play. 🙂

• Like 1

When I think about it , Coach O most likely got a lot of good help , Burrow's Dad was a coach all his life and recently retired , I would bet there was some conversations there  , LSU's  offensive coordinator is from the New Orleans Saints , would bet Sean Peyton ( Saints coach )  had some influence , Bobby Herbert former QB of the Saints ( The Cajun Cannon ) is a sport commentator on the local radio station and is  Coach O's cousin and was his room mate on the college football team they both played on , Drew Brees is Burrow's personal mentor , you can see Drew in Burrow's movements , you can see the Saints in LSU's game plan , they look more like a NFL team than a college team 

You right,can't give coach O all the credit he has a very good coaching staff.

32 minutes ago, riverc said:

You right,can't give coach O all the credit he has a very good coaching staff.

I wasn't trying to take anything away from Coach O , just saying that there are a bunch of goods things going on and  a good coach would use all the assets available to him -----  

The stage is set , the count down to kick off has begun , and I  got my kickoff time and day straight as I thought it was a Friday night game -----  " let's get ready to rumbleeeeee " -----my early prediction is 37-24 LSU  ------ 

The point spread is 13 points LSU favorite , I didn't realize LSU's star running back is questionable for the game or it would have been a higher point spread , so they say  ------  an interesting note , Joe Burrow has a bag of grass with him in his locker , not the kind you smoke , LOL , he has this ritual where he collect two blades of grass from ever field he plays a game on and stashes it in a bag , and he is not the first player to do this ,  hope Joe is going to zero-turn the entire field after this game and get him a big ol'bag of grass , ! 

Horrible news, plane crash kills Daughter-in-law of an LSU coach headed to the game, just awful....

yes very much so bcsman. fish I really hate this game I don't know where OU went but these subs are killing me. I hope LSU can do the same to whichever other team they play they can repeat this performance. BOWS

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bcsman said:

Horrible news, plane crash kills Daughter-in-law of an LSU coach headed to the game, just awful....

3 hours ago, jeffo21 said:

yes very much so bcsman. fish I really hate this game I don't know where OU went but these subs are killing me. I hope LSU can do the same to whichever other team they play they can repeat this performance. BOWS

Mr. Ted's daughter and her son were 2 that were killed.His sister was married to my uncle.He was also my baseball coach years ago.It's going to be hard on Mr. Ted he has stage 4 Lung Cancer and doesn't have much longer to live.

Edited by riverc

Im not sure what happened. But i had to scroll like a million times to get to the bottom of this thread? And yeah ohiostate got robbed as usual. SEC refs for you. Sad.

• Like 1

For anyone trying to view fish's post that scrolled and scrolled I deleted it...I had his approval..

This was the post that needed deleting , cause it was a mile long of nothing 

LSU < put on a show ----

I don't see Clemson beating LSU  , unless Clemson gets a lot of help from the refs  , like the refs  did to help Clemson win over OSU ----

I really feel sorry for Ohio State , they were robbed by the refs , they did make mistakes on their own and had some bad luck , but after I watched that game again this morning  , I seen there were so many no calls and bad calls and all against OSU

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

This was the post that needed deleting , cause it was a mile long of nothing 

LSU < put on a show ----

I don't see Clemson beating LSU  , unless Clemson gets a lot of help from the refs  , like the refs  did to help Clemson win over OSU ----

I really feel sorry for Ohio State , they were robbed by the refs , they did make mistakes on their own and had some bad luck , but after I watched that game again this morning  , I seen there were so many no calls and bad calls and all against OSU

What did the refs do to help Clemson? I watched the entire game and it looked to me like they got them correct; the targeting call, the fumble that wasn't because the catch wasn't completed, were there others I'm forgeting?

Edited by KoolBreeze

Clemson completed a pass and fumbled it , OSU ran it in for a touchdown , the receiver took 4 steps with the ball secured , it was no doubt  a catch and a fumble for  touchdown , just that play alone was the different in the win or lost ----   numerous pass interferences calls against OSU that were not much , and blatant interference by Clemson that wasn't called  -----  many holding calls and blocks in the back that were not accessed against Clemson , and just the opposite with OSU ----the commentators on every sports show I watched and listened to said the same thing ----- there were so many bad calls , even OSU's coach made reference to it without actually calling out the refs , cause  he is not suppose to do -----  I seen the entire game twice and it was a recorded version  ----- no doubt their was favoritism by the refs in that game for Clemson , maybe they bet on it  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KoolBreeze said:

What did the refs do to help Clemson? I watched the entire game and it looked to me like they got them correct; the targeting call, the fumble that wasn't because the catch wasn't completed, were there others I'm forgeting?

So catching the ball with instant control. Advancing the ball and making 3 full steps doesnt count as a completed catch? I mean in any other game ive ever watched it sure has. He did just short of 5 yards with secured possession? Ball never moved once. Never slipped. He locked it in instantly with his hands. What i noticed the most is how well the refs were at taking any sort of momentum osu could claw for and removing it with a bad call. I personally hope LSU makes clemson look silly. That will just confirm LSU vs OSU would have been a better game. But with the refs on your side its hard to lose a game. Not sure who the refs will be for the championship but if they are the same LSU better be prepared to play not only a team. But the refs aswell. Sad.

• Like 2

Always bad when the calls the refs have made can affect the outcome of a game.  Certainly didn't hear anything about refs determining who won the LSU game!  I have even seen the Super Bowl ending decided by the refs.  Replay does seem to help but still alot of interpretation of the rules with slo mo and everything.  

The targeting call to me really changed the game , might have  deserved the 15 yard by today's standards for helmet to helmet , but I didn't feel it deserved player ejection for targeting  , the QB lower his head into the on coming defender , who to me was trying to hit him in the chest , till the QB dropped his head to take the impact he seen was  coming in his chest ----I think that if they are that concerned about a player taking a hit to the head while being tackled , then change to game to flag football 

• Like 1