Fishfiles

College Sports

That one really made me mad. He no doubt hit with the crown if the helmet. It was IMO targeting. But the clemson qb going out from such a vicious helmet hit for 1 play. He couldnt have been checked for a cuncussion and thats just dangerous. But also in the defense of the osu player he was mid air. Aiming for the chest and you cant change direction at that point. What the quarterback does with his head from that point he has no control over. And there had actually been a few similar hits this season in other games that got reversed. But never against osu. Lordy lordy they have to be held to a different standard i guess lol

4 hours ago, SlammedRanger said:

So catching the ball with instant control. Advancing the ball and making 3 full steps doesnt count as a completed catch? I mean in any other game ive ever watched it sure has. He did just short of 5 yards with secured possession? Ball never moved once. Never slipped. He locked it in instantly with his hands. What i noticed the most is how well the refs were at taking any sort of momentum osu could claw for and removing it with a bad call. I personally hope LSU makes clemson look silly. That will just confirm LSU vs OSU would have been a better game. But with the refs on your side its hard to lose a game. Not sure who the refs will be for the championship but if they are the same LSU better be prepared to play not only a team. But the refs aswell. Sad.

In my opinion he never gained control of the ball. It was a bang bang play and the defender knocked it free before he gained control of it. The officials reviewed it and REVERSED the call on the field. They don't reverse questionable calls, so obviously there was no doubt in the mind of the official. The rules expert on the coverage crew also agreed it was the correct call.

I also don't think LSU will run over Clemson like they did Oklahoma, but we will see. I'm not a fan of either team remaining, so no bias here, but to me the best 2 teams remain and the system worked this year.

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Clemson completed a pass and fumbled it , OSU ran it in for a touchdown , the receiver took 4 steps with the ball secured , it was no doubt  a catch and a fumble for  touchdown , just that play alone was the different in the win or lost ----   numerous pass interferences calls against OSU that were not much , and blatant interference by Clemson that wasn't called  -----  many holding calls and blocks in the back that were not accessed against Clemson , and just the opposite with OSU ----the commentators on every sports show I watched and listened to said the same thing ----- there were so many bad calls , even OSU's coach made reference to it without actually calling out the refs , cause  he is not suppose to do -----  I seen the entire game twice and it was a recorded version  ----- no doubt their was favoritism by the refs in that game for Clemson , maybe they bet on it  

The officials REVERSED that call. They don't do that if there was any doubt. It was not a catch therefore no fumble. The rules expert on the coverage I was watching agreed with the officials that it was not a catch. One of the announcers did disagree with him though. Turn the slow motion off and watch it. I don't believe for a second that the crew working that game showed any favoritism to anyone. OSU didn't do enough to win, plain and simple. Was a great game to watch though.

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

The targeting call to me really changed the game , might have  deserved the 15 yard by today's standards for helmet to helmet , but I didn't feel it deserved player ejection for targeting  , the QB lower his head into the on coming defender , who to me was trying to hit him in the chest , till the QB dropped his head to take the impact he seen was  coming in his chest ----I think that if they are that concerned about a player taking a hit to the head while being tackled , then change to game to flag football 

I don't agree with the rule but that was clearly targeting as the rule is written. The officials have to enforce the rules as written. The defender dropped his head and lead with the crown of his helmet. It doesn't have to be helmet to helmet for it to be targeting.

Here is an article from a couple years ago regarding it:

https://www.bannersociety.com/2017/9/2/20732365/targeting-penalty-rulebook-college-football

Edited by KoolBreeze

Seen some prices for tickets to the LSU/Clemson game , nose bleed section of the Super Dome is going for $1,600+ , premium seats have gone for and are available for $10,000 -15,000 , Wow 

I went to the dentist Friday , my first time to this dentist as he just opened a office in Lacombe  , I knew if the doctor was from Louisiana that he must have went to LSU Dental School as it is the number one around here , so I asked and sure enough he did , so we became buddies fast and were on talking LSU football as much as I could  with my mouth opened up , I told him a story I just learned and he added to it , the 1st and only time a Heisman trophy winner was from LSU was in 1959 , Billy Cannon , Billy was also a dentist and I had heard that he was a bad boy back when and became  the dentist for the inmates at Angola State Prison not by his desires  , my dentist was telling me that he had gotten to meet Billy a couple of times while in dental school , says he is really big and super nice guy that had a wild and crazy life , seems Joe Burrow is the total opposite 

I hope Joe gets the win in the National Championship and finished with a  perfect season  and become a NFL quarterback and does well , Go Tigers!!!! 

• Like 2

On 12/17/2019 at 2:47 PM, SlammedRanger said:

Probably one of the most random and annoying problems you could ever have. Gas tank vent went bad. Made pumping gas into it near impossible. (Pump would just shut off) Took and hour and a half to fill up the 35 gallon tank at a trickle pace. Whole new gas tank on order 10 days out..........but its been 8 days already so it will be fixed soon.

So update on my truck. New gas tank is finally in and it did fix it. Went on national back order. Took nearly 4 weeks to get it. Just installed it yesterday. I have never been so happy to pump gas in my whole life. Took 5 minutes to pump 30 gallons. After emptying a 5 gallon gas can into it to get me to the gas station. So the verdict is the gas tank valve was bad. Finally i got that thing out of my garage and everything is back to normal. Sorry fish for this off topic. But this is where i posted about it before.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Seen some prices for tickets to the LSU/Clemson game , nose bleed section of the Super Dome is going for $1,600+ , premium seats have gone for and are available for $10,000 -15,000 , Wow 

Some folks got more money than sensed I guess. Never had much of either myself. Haha. It would quiet an experience to be there though. I’ve watched the Saints play there a few times. 

Kool' , championship games like this one and the SuperBowl are for the rich and famous ----------  they would have to pay me to go to the game , been to many events over the years at the dome , I got a better seat at my house , beers are 1,000+% cheaper and my own private no wait restroom on side the pump shed LOL 

• Like 2

The Big Game is getting close , was in New Orleans yesterday and the crowds are coming in , I went out my way a bit to drive down Decatur and see what was happening , lots of tourist , the weather is going to be terrible today and tomorrow for them , wish them well -----   Go Tigers !!! 

• Like 1

Tonight is the night !!! There is so much hype on this LSU /Clemson game , it is dubbed  as the best game in college history ---  hope it lives up to expectations ---- naw ,  it wouldn't bother me a bit if it disappointed a whole bunch of people , cause it were a dull game , cause LSU blows them out 37-17 ( my prediction ) ---  Go Tigers !!! 

I am looking at it like this , if LSU were to lose , it would be disappointing , but as long as they play a good game I would be happy with what Coach O has done with this team this year  , beating Alabama alone was enough for me 

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Tonight is the night !!! There is so much hype on this LSU /Clemson game , it is dubbed  as the best game in college history ---  hope it lives up to expectations ---- naw ,  it wouldn't bother me a bit if it disappointed a whole bunch of people , cause it were a dull game , cause LSU blows them out 37-17 ( my prediction ) ---  Go Tigers !!! 

I am looking at it like this , if LSU were to lose , it would be disappointing , but as long as they play a good game I would be happy with what Coach O has done with this team this year  , beating Alabama alone was enough for me 

I would not like it if they lose,but would still be proud of them.Like you said beating Alabama (Saban) made my day....Go Tigers.....

• Like 1

LSU holds the record for the most beers serviced durning a college  game , 66K+ , LOL ----That's my Boy's , Go Tigers !!! 

• Haha 1

I would bet that there will be a million dollars of beer served at the Dome tonight ( not counting hard liquor ) , the record of 66K at $12 a beer is $792.000 , think they will blow the record out the door and if LSU were to win , another 5 million worth of alcohol  sold in The Quarters tonight  -----  Go Tigers !!! 

Welp, I got the score wrong, hoping for 50% now. Haha! It is a great game so far though. Looks like to pretty evenly matched heavyweights going at it.

8 hours ago, KoolBreeze said:

Welp, I got the score wrong, hoping for 50% now. Haha! It is a great game so far though. Looks like to pretty evenly matched heavyweights going at it.

Yes, until what mid way.of the 2nd quarter. LSU scored 21 points in the 2nd and never looked back. There were a few questionable calls and no calls again, but that didn't determine the outcome of this game. 

Congratulations to LSU for a perfect season , they beat the 4 teams that were ranked 1 thru 4 at the start of the season , they beat 7 top 10 teams and are the first team to be ranked number 1 entering the playoffs to win it all in the 6 years of the new playoff system 

Yep , I hear you 'quick , the refs for the most part let them play ,  you could have called both offensive an defensive pass interference on almost every play                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

• Like 1

Wow I had a total failure on that prediction! Oh, it was an interesting game up until the part of the way through the 3rd quarter at least. It was obvious to anyone who was watching who had the better team for sure but dang Lawrence had the worst game passing the ball I've seen him play, which is not very many.

34 minutes ago, jeffo21 said:

Congratulations to LSU for winning the championship game.  

I am happy they won it,but not so happy the Saints loss to the Vikings,was hoping they would have made it to the super bowl.