Fishfiles

College Sports

@jeepwm69 , LSU plays Arkansas Saturday ,  if I was betting on the game with my heart I am all LSU , if betting with my money and brain , I am going for Arkansas this year , LOL 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

@jeepwm69 , LSU plays Arkansas Saturday ,  if I was betting on the game with my heart I am all LSU , if betting with my money and brain , I am going for Arkansas this year , LOL 

I don't follow like some people but have people close to me who are really passionate about it. Our top teams are AR LSU and Bama so there is a bit of conflict just built in lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Any Arkansas fan will tell you to never bet on the Hogs, for or against.  They'll let you down either way, every time.  They win games they shouldn't, and lose a lot more that they shouldn't.

As soon as you think you have them figured out, you lose even more money. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well ohiostate didnt bring there A game. Im gunna say more of a C-. But they still beat #9 indiana. And are safely on top of our conference. Next 2 games should be easy and then we have "that team up north" that one can be a wild card.

• Like 2

LSU was not impressive , they had to tip a field goal attempt with 1.42 left in the 4th that would have tied the game , but a win is a win , 4and 3 ain't pretty coming off a perfect season 

15 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

LSU was not impressive , they had to tip a field goal attempt with 1.42 left in the 4th that would have tied the game , but a win is a win , 4and 3 ain't pretty coming off a perfect season 

Dont sweat it bro. All teams go through a rebuild. Didnt LSU lose alot of good players on both sides of the ball? And obveously Burrow. So a new QB on top of it.

• Like 1

I think it was only 3 starters on offense and defense that returned ----

Alabama started slow but got on a roll and destroyed Kentucky  , they are undefeated , LSU 's game with them was canceled last week , and will not be played so they say , I was hoping to play them and at least have a chance of pulling it off 

19 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I think it was only 3 starters on offense and defense that returned ----

Alabama started slow but got on a roll and destroyed Kentucky  , they are undefeated , LSU 's game with them was canceled last week , and will not be played so they say , I was hoping to play them and at least have a chance of pulling it off 

Dang thats a reset alright. Not to mention all this crazy crap with covid and shut downs and everything. A bunch of new guys playing with no crowd to get them hyped up. Having to create there own energy is tough. Our head coach was talking alot about that in his press conference. He was saying the players havent seen there familys or been home in months. Trying to stay in there own bubble so they dont get sick and have to postpone or cancel more games. Crazy what these kids gotta go through and still perform on saturdays.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2020 at 6:17 PM, SlammedRanger said:

Dont sweat it bro. All teams go through a rebuild. Didnt LSU lose alot of good players on both sides of the ball? And obveously Burrow. So a new QB on top of it.

I caught most of the game.  The announcers said that LSU lost TWENTY NINE players to the NFL last year.  Tied for the most players ever to go to the NFL from one time (I'm sure the other was a bama team from some year, didn't catch it if they said who the other team was).

Hogs played ok. I'm happy with our coach.  After the last couple of years it's a yuge improvement. 

Refs sucked, but they sucked on both sides of the ball.  LSU had a clear touchdown catch late in the game that they ruled incomplete (LSU scored later on that drive) and Arkansas had a targeting call on a player that was just good defense. 

• Like 1

Today was the highlight of LSU's  season , they beat #6 Florida , who were 8-1 before that game and might have pushed Florida out of the play-off picture ....   

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i sure was hoping a better season for LSU ... 

At least , they might have found their new QB yesterday , he did a good job for his first start 

• Like 1

Florida's lost cost them a drop out the top 10 

Let's stir the ants ,  I know we got some Ohio State fans here  , but I don't see how Ohio State

can be #3 and Southern Cal ranked #13 when both only played 5 games 

1 Alabama (62) 1,550 1 10-0
2 Notre Dame 1,482 2 10-0
3 Ohio State 1,405 3 5-0
4 Clemson 1,388 4 9-1
5 Texas A&M 1,286 5 7-1
6 Cincinnati 1,248 7 8-0
7 Indiana 1,140 8 6-1
8 Iowa State 1,059 10 8-2
9 Coastal Carolina 994 11 11-0
10 Georgia 968 12 7-2
11 Florida 940 6 8-2
12 Oklahoma 902 13 7-2
13 Southern Cal 774 16 5-0
14 BYU 724 14 10-1
15 Northwestern 691 15 6-1
16 North Carolina 631 20 8-3
17 Louisiana 566 17 9-1
18 Iowa 502 19 6-2
19 Miami (Fla.) 454 9 8-2
20 Tulsa 408 18 6-1
21 Texas 227 23 6-3
22 Liberty 184 22 9-1
23 Buffalo 183 24 5-0
24 NC State 137 NR 8-3
25 San Jose State 124 NR  
  • Like 1

Ohiostate is #3 and has an 88% of making the playoffs because they have dominated most of the games they were in by a large points gap. The only game they had that was even close they were obveously told to tone it back or they were gunna start killing players on the other team. It was real obveous when they went from being caged dogs laying hard hit after hard hit then went to about 50% in a matter of a few plays. They didnt play alot of games. But not by there decision. The other teams canceled the games. There last game against michigan state they played without there head coach and a handfull of other top rated players and they demolished michigan state. Made them look silly.

• Like 2

I seen the Michigan State game -----  but still ,  5 wins  compared to 9 , 10 or 11 wins doesn't work out for me ,  is not fair to the teams that played more games , should be a 10 game minimum to be in the top ten or an asterisk next to the name  ----- they had less chance of getting players hurt or contract the 'rona ----LOL  

Dan Mullen coach of Florida said it best ::  

"" Mullen said. “I know we’ve played 10 games so I guess probably the best thing to do would’ve been to play less games. Because you seem to get rewarded this year for not playing this year in college football.”

I

• Like 1

See to me thats a coach whos team hasnt played like he hoped. They judge off your body of work. And they put the teams in that have the best chance to win the whole thing. The cfp committee makes that judgement. But to me there is only two sure things for the battle for the title and thats alabama and ohiostate. We all know what happened last time that game was played. And time will tell what it will be like when its played again. If it wasnt for a crap targeting call and refs. robbing osu of any momentum the whole game against clemson we would have seen the Ohiostate vs. LSU game we all know we should have last year. They may be making up for that? Who knows?

• Like 2

"" 

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney didn't mince words this week when asked about the College Football Playoff and his opinion on Ohio State's half-season of games played compared to others in the final four mix. The two-time national champion doesn't believe the Buckeyes deserve to be in consideration with a six-game slate.

"It's almost like you've got to have 120 hours to get a business degree and yet these people over here only need 60 hours to get a business degree," Swinney said, during a long-winded answer on why leadership within the SEC, ACC and Big 12 has performed admirably compared to the Big Ten. "" 

• Like 1

So now Dabo has been off since the beginning of all this. I remember watching the first college game and clemson played it. And he was asked would he be ok with waiting for the big 10 or other conferences to catch up. He said absolutely not. So my view on that would be if you leave out half the teams how could you have a "national championship?". If you won the trophy should just say congrats you beat the teams that could play enough games during a pandemic. That would require an asterisk next to it for sure. What would be the pride in beating half the nation in a national championship? I saw that as hes scared of playing the teams that they were hoping would be left out. Knowing his team beating ohiostate again would require more money to pay off the refs like last year. Then going to get stomped by LSU which we all know would have been a better game with OSU on the other side.

• Like 1

I can see both sides, but watching the SEC teams KILL each other every year during the regular season, and then trying to play playoff games tends to put me in the "they need to play enough games" if we're talking "fair and equal".  

The SEC isn't as dominant top to bottom as it used to be, but playing an SEC conference schedule is just brutal and that can be said for almost EVERY year. 

But even the SEC had to cancel some games due to covid, so what would the magic number of games be to qualify? 

I'll say this.....I'm glad we at least have a playoff, where if a half season Ohio State beats the team they play in the first round, they have, at least to some degree, earned their way into the title game.

College football threads might be as bad as political threads if we're not careful.  Lots of cheating and unfairness going on! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

College football threads might be as bad as political threads if we're not careful.  Lots of cheating and unfairness going on! 

Its all in good fun though. But yeah i dont think an nfl thread would ever work lol

• Like 2