87Iroc

Front Wheel Bearings/Brakes-450 Foreman

5 minutes ago, shadetree said:

THIS IS WERE I GET TO TELL YOU...I TOLD YOU SO !!!.

?

5 minutes ago, 87Iroc said:

?

grind calipers down ?, rotors facing wrong way ?, all china junk !..lol.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 12:16 PM, jeepwm69 said:

you can get 05-11 Foreman, 05-14 Rubicon, or 06-current Rincon knuckles, calipers, and hub/rotor assemblies and bolt them on at the ball joints

I think this is my biggest takeaway from this this thread but just so I am clear the rotor assembly was on the wrong side. Correct?

Holes were positioned " \ " instead of " / " is the only difference I could see.

Tend to agree that it likely doesn't actually matter for this application if that is the case. It would be an internal conflict for me whether to redo it.

Just looked at instructions closer.  The one pic showing it like I did it didn’t specify side but was oriented for right side I believe.  They had them flipped per above on the actual instructions for each side.  

I don’t think it matters and likely won’t change them.  On cars the holes and slotting is not needed these days.  In old days it was needed to let gases escape for hard braking.  New formulations of pads don’t need that anymore. 

if holes are anything other than bling it’s for water over gases.  I think in water grooves would function better. 

[quotethis is not a Ducati stopping from 205mph[/quote]

no one mentioned that kind of heat dissipation .... lol!   but it would make more sense... those holes would directed like this "/" on left hand pic ... and act with centrifugal force... this pic proves the point .. of corse the application is defrent but the principal idea is there.

image.jpg

• Like 1

When the calipers holes in the SuerATV kits first showed up , cause the early kits didn't have holes, I didn't know which way to put them as it was not in the instructions , I actually started a thread on this subject on the old site , I called SuperATV and they told me his left side pic is the way they were to go 

Well I am wrong , looked back and found the thread were I talked with SuperATV , was my wife's pink 300 thread  and this is the pic after that conversation with them of the left side , I should have know Mel would have it right 

image.png

Also found an interesting pic Jay10 put up on that thread , slots instead of holes , don't know who's kit that was image.png

After thinking about it this morning , I think the holes on a bike that rides in a lot of dirt might be a bad thing , as the dirt gets into the holes and acts like grinding paste , shortening the life of the pads 

Also found in a old thread of mine ,where I was searching brass disc brake pads , and someone was referencing me to Arctic Cat pads that were made with brass pucks , which I never did find them , I know the Arctic Cat pads fit the SuperATV kit with just a little rat tail file work on the holes,

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Well I am wrong , looked back and found the thread were I talked with SuperATV , was my wife's pink 300 thread  and this is the pic after that conversation with them of the left side , I should have know Mel would have it right 

image.png

Also found an interesting pic Jay10 put up on that thread , slots instead of holes , don't know who's kit that was image.png

After thinking about it this morning , I think the holes on a bike that rides in a lot of dirt might be a bad thing , as the dirt gets into the holes and acts like grinding paste , shortening the life of the pads 

Also found in a old thread of mine ,where I was searching brass disc brake pads , and someone was referencing me to Arctic Cat pads that were made with brass pucks , which I never did find them , I know the Arctic Cat pads fit the SuperATV kit with just a little rat tail file work on the holes,

bottom pic is high lifter kit, i see wilwood on the caliper.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, shadetree said:

bottom pic is high lifter kit.

HighLifter , eh ! That's them over priced kits with them WildWeed calipers right LOL ----- You up late or up early ?  I will say them WildWeed calipers do look a bit more heavy duty , but this is no Magna or Shadow , LOL 

• Like 1

I found a pic of SuperATV's first gen kit on my 300 2wd , there were no holes or slots ---- 

image.png

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

HighLifter , eh ! That's them over priced kits with them WildWeed calipers right LOL ----- You up late or up early ?  

haha..both...up early..slept from about 9 pm last night. wildweed or not ?, its made in usa !..lol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I found a pic of SuperATV's first gen kit on my 300 2wd , there were no holes or slots ---- 

image.png

no slots, then they came up with slot/holes to prolong the weak brake pads..lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just thought about it.  Just flipping hubs side to side would correct it.  I’ll do that in a couple weeks when I replace pads the first time. 

in the end they stop great which is what I wanted.  

Edited by 87Iroc
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, 87Iroc said:

Just thought about it.  Just flipping hubs side to side would correct it.  I’ll do that in a couple weeks when I replace pads the first time. 

in the end they stop great which is what I wanted.  

I was thinking the other day when you were saying about the wife and the cost of the brake kit , what you could have done was given her a wild ride on the back with bad brakes , one of two things would have happened , she would have never rode with you again or she would have been all in for a brake kit 

• Haha 2

replace the pads in couple weeks ?? pardon me .... if i don't get this .... or details were left out.... but why do brand new pads need replacing after just two week ? or just choosing new pads for the swap... and shelfing the originals ? as backups ? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 87Iroc said:

I’ll do that in a couple weeks when I replace pads the first time. 

I like it  'Roc , now you are getting it !!! LOL 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

replace the pads in couple weeks ?? pardon me .... if i don't get this .... or details were left out.... but why do brand new pads need replacing after just two week ? or just choosing new pads for the swap... and shelfing the originals ? as backups ? 

It’s a jab at Shade.  He likes to poke at my China brakes.  I’m poking back

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 87Iroc said:

It’s a jab at Shade.  He likes to poke at my China brakes.  I’m poking back

yer gonna have to try harder than this to ruffle my feathers bro ?..lol. course..i know you wont come back to this thread to tell us what kinda problems your having with these china brakes ?, you just know i'll never let you off the hook !..lol.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, shadetree said:

yer gonna have to try harder than this to ruffle my feathers bro ?..lol. course..i know you wont come back to this thread to tell us what kinda problems your having with these china brakes ?, you just know i'll never let you off the hook !..lol.

Can I play ????   Put me in coach !!!! Tag Team !!! LOL 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Can I play ????   Put me in coach !!!! Tag Team !!! LOL 

rofl, tag..yer it !..lol.

• Like 1