Fifthcorps

95 TRX300 silver wheel paint

Is anyone aware of a paint code for the OE wheel paint color? The wheels are original and in almost perfect shape except for areas of paint chipping off. I'd love to get a matching paint to touch it up.

IMG_0451.jpg

oem stock rims are like a gray to me ?. i paint my rebuilds silver, sooo ??.lol.

18 minutes ago, shadetree said:

oem stock rims are like a gray to me ?. i paint my rebuilds silver, sooo ??.lol.

Completely unsure of what you're getting at there, But I'm not looking to repaint them, just touch up the finish with a matching paint since asides from a some slight chips they're in excellent condition. My original question was if anyone is aware of Honda having had a paint code for reference to these wheels or has experience with a product that is a close match. 

As mentioned, rustoleum aluminum is pretty close, maybe a little shinier.  The link to the can below is what I used.  Lowes carries it, walmart might too. Here's a picture showing freshly painted front wheels on my 02 rancher compared to the 18 year old originally painted rears. You can spray some in a cup and use it as touch up paint too.

Well its not showing the can.  Here's a link to it: https://mobileimages.lowes.com/product/converted/020066/020066751586.jpg?size=pdhi

020066751586.jpg?size=pdhi

020066751586.jpg?size=pdhi

9DE42B9A-6973-428A-873E-304B08957390.jpeg

Edited by slowindown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fifthcorps said:

Completely unsure of what you're getting at there, But I'm not looking to repaint them, just touch up the finish with a matching paint since asides from a some slight chips they're in excellent condition. My original question was if anyone is aware of Honda having had a paint code for reference to these wheels or has experience with a product that is a close match. 

was pointing out the rims are close to gray in color, thats all :-).

if your talking oem paint .... it's import magnesium.....(very costly paint)  i looked high, and low when i had plans shoot my wheels .... but had already been testing  with plast-dip .... and bright aluminum is almost a perfect match... the only thing is .... it's a rubber coating... and needs time to cure.. and, as time goes on... it gets very durable... second pic is plasti-dip. 

slowindown ... those wheels look great !! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

5 hours ago, Fifthcorps said:

Fantastic. That's exactly what I'll use, those came out great. Much appreciated!

There is a color difference. But even with oem paint there’s probably going to be some difference, especially since your paint is 25 years old.