87Iroc

Used 4 Wheelers in Indiana...

Only wants 2k for it. 

1998 Fourtrax 300 2WD.

The PVC Snorkel....could have painted it black so it wasn't so obvious...but he lists it as selling point.

What would such a beast sell for elsewhere in the country?

Snap29.jpg

Edited by 87Iroc

I wouldn't pay 2k for this bike in Arkansas.

Snorkel means rust and who knows what else. I would bet a dollar that bike has rear brake and rear end issues.

I just watched money change hands on a MINT 300 that was field and barn only with the original tires still on it for $2500 so it's not out of control but not reasonable either.

That is a ~$1200 bike where I'm at

oh400ex

• Like 1

2wd, snorkel screams fix me !..lol. 1k-1500 tops around here in arkansas. states differ, but come on..no one in their right mind will pay that asking price..least not looking like that !..lol.

• Like 2

Friend just went and looked at a Polaris Explorer 400. Guy wanted 600 for it. Friend said the guy had torn in to it, wouldn't turn over but he muttered around some. Friend said there was a rats nest of vacuum lines(2 stroke?) and he could see parts pulled off of it. Mostly whole, but guy that didn't know anything tore in to it trying to fix it and gave up. Sellign it off. Pull start was 'broken' and you couldn't test it to turn over, etc. 

He walked...but as he walked, another kid showed up to look at it. Guy will have it sold by evening I bet.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 87Iroc said:

Friend just went and looked at a Polaris Explorer 400. Guy wanted 600 for it. Friend said the guy had torn in to it, wouldn't turn over but he muttered around some. Friend said there was a rats nest of vacuum lines(2 stroke?) and he could see parts pulled off of it. Mostly whole, but guy that didn't know anything tore in to it trying to fix it and gave up. Sellign it off. Pull start was 'broken' and you couldn't test it to turn over, etc. 

He walked...but as he walked, another kid showed up to look at it. Guy will have it sold by evening I bet.

sucker born every min !..lol.

• Haha 1

88 300 2wd , winch , two led lights and a snorkel ( snorkel hurts resale to me ) = I'd say  $800 -1,000 around here 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 87Iroc said:

Anyone in this thread wanna buy my bridge? 😁

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

2wd, snorkel screams fix me !..lol. 1k-1500 tops around here in arkansas. states differ, but come on..no one in their right mind will pay that asking price..least not looking like that !..lol.

yea, i agree ... snorkel ...bent rear trunk rack ... missing kick start cover ... front of the dash .. tweaked ... and damage to the front rack from the winch .. not very well taken care of IMO ... 

On that Polaris.  Drove by seller on way to get daughter from HS.  2 cops with lights on with it sitting on a trailer behind truck.  Something went down.  Suspect it was stolen.  It’s not a great area.  Lots of meth and shady stuff happens there

092C5B22-812E-4370-A99E-A2A3595F303D.png

FCECB746-B8AE-450D-A4B0-1733945969BC.jpeg

Criminal intelligence unit there likely waiting on tow truck as daughter and I came home.  

anyway.  Friend is after a couple others now.  Some sound too good to be true. 

I don't want to offend anyone but if I won a brand new Polaris I would sell it as soon as I got it. I would like to support them since they are manufactured in my area but too many problems. 

• Like 3

2021 and already down to $600 , boy do they depreciate fast , practically before they ever come out  

• Like 1

I have no idea what year it is. Just looked like a nice old bike in the pic. Where it was at I'd be hesitant to take it seriously. I hate it when I'm right on that stuff. I was stereotyping that area....but guess I was right on this regard.

22 hours ago, 87Iroc said:

Only wants 2k for it. 

1998 Fourtrax 300 2WD.

The PVC Snorkel....could have painted it black so it wasn't so obvious...but he lists it as selling point.

Snap29.jpg

I wouldn't pay over $400-500 for that.  2wd, looks like it's been ridden hard and put up wet, and snorkeled which kinda tells you, it's been ridden hard and put up wet.

• Like 1

And another one....

This one looks better, but not sure what going rate shoudl be for it. Surprising amount of Honda ATVs popping up for sale in my area. They are hit or miss.

I see on this one a winch, and what looks like the manual 4x4 to 4x2 shifter mounted to the front rack. 

It says Foreman on the tank. Guessing Rubicon was a version of the Foreman?

Snap32.jpg

Edited by 87Iroc

5 minutes ago, 87Iroc said:

And another one....

This one looks better, but not sure what going rate shoudl be for it. Surprising amount of Honda ATVs popping up for sale in my area. They are hit or miss.

I see on this one a winch, and what looks like the manual 4x4 to 4x2 shifter mounted to the front rack. 

Snap32.jpg

Don't know a whole lot about that model but the ad stinks to me.

Would just pass that up without a second thought after seeing just needs a "fill in the blank"

Looks pretty nice though if the price is right anything is an option.

1 hour ago, 87Iroc said:

And another one....

Snap32.jpg

RUN, don't walk, AWAY from that one.

Early Rubicons were notorious for bad oil pumps, which lead to bad Hondamatics ($1700 part).

If it's JUST an oil pump chain, why doesn't he replace it?    DO NOT BUY.

Edited to add, the 01-04 also had drum brakes. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 12:19 PM, 87Iroc said:

Only wants 2k for it. 

1998 Fourtrax 300 2WD.

Snap29.jpg

Has painted the snorkel and dropped price to 1800 today. lol

47 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

RUN, don't walk, AWAY from that one.

Early Rubicons were notorious for bad oil pumps, which lead to bad Hondamatics ($1700 part).

If it's JUST an oil pump chain, why doesn't he replace it?    DO NOT BUY.

Edited to add, the 01-04 also had drum brakes. 

I'm not shopping. Just wouldn't mind picking up another cheap 500 dollar one to 'flip' smarter this time. You guys in the south have the pick of the litter down there. UP here, just showing you its harder to find.

They are definitely cheaper down here.  If that were an 05-up at least you'd have disc brakes, selectable front diff, etc you could get some $$$ parting out.

I bought these two for $600.  The Rubicon (red) is a 2012 that supposedly has the oil pump chain off.  The other was an 08 ES with PS,that is now a footshift with PS that I'm almost through fixing up to flip.

I figured I could get my money back out of diffs and brakes so I jumped on them, but you gotta look at every project as a "what's it worth in parts" and then offer about 2/3 of that figure.

bikes.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not to fond of having a rotating drive shaft between my legs /feet .... who ever built this .... should have added a shaft cover... $3700 ??? please! ... i could dig up a good 300 fwd, for that price .... even maybe a custom build from shade ... 

Edit: for pic.

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™