87Iroc

Used 4 Wheelers in Indiana...

It’s not as overpriced as I thought then.  

that 300 is close.  

1 hour ago, 87Iroc said:

It’s not as overpriced as I thought then.  

that 300 is close.  

that trx300fw looks to be in great shape for being up north, worth the asking price, but i'd toss lower at them for brake work and starting issues.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

yea..... the starting issue raised my eye brow... 

easy fix.

• Thanks 1

If I was actually shopping I'd have driven down today and looked at it. It does look very nice.

On 9/5/2020 at 9:47 PM, 87Iroc said:

If I was actually shopping I'd have driven down today and looked at it. It does look very nice.

Your daughter would love it!  Might just be a solenoid on the starter problem.

3000.  All need work but 2 have titles.  Seems too expensive.  Maybe 2000-2500 for set. 

1760E9D1-9663-4FBF-B10A-04E1E3DB4F5A.png

Edited by 87Iroc

Here's one for you that would be a deal if it isn't a scam but it probably is.  Most of the scams have a gmail contact or an out of state phone number.  If it's for real then it would be worth a drive for you.  I'd check it out but I'm not wanting anything nearly as big as that.

https://lexington.craigslist.org/snw/d/winchester-2011-honda-rincon-680/7197924526.html

Edit: Probably best not to check on this because I just saw it advertised on the Indianapolis Craigslist so I'm sure that it is a scam.

Edited by RubiDan
add info

7 hours ago, RubiDan said:

Here's one for you that would be a deal if it isn't a scam but it probably is.  Most of the scams have a gmail contact or an out of state phone number.  If it's for real then it would be worth a drive for you.  I'd check it out but I'm not wanting anything nearly as big as that.

https://lexington.craigslist.org/snw/d/winchester-2011-honda-rincon-680/7197924526.html

Edit: Probably best not to check on this because I just saw it advertised on the Indianapolis Craigslist so I'm sure that it is a scam.

There’s a Foreman for 800 my friend looked at.  Yellow with snow blade.  Newer than mine.  Sweet deal.  But unfortunately they had to relocate to Idaho.  Never fear though for 800.  It includes delivery and just send them the cash.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 87Iroc said:

There’s a Foreman for 800 my friend looked at.  Yellow with snow blade.  Newer than mine.  Sweet deal.  But unfortunately they had to relocate to Idaho.  Never fear though for 800.  It includes delivery and just send them the cash.  

That sounds like a good deal , send them some cash and wait on delivery , hope your buddy has patience , lots of it ---- $800 probably wouldn't even be enough to cover shipping ----  sounds like a scam 

3 hours ago, 87Iroc said:

That's a scam.

The picture I posted was from CL and this SXS is listed at $1200.

There are TONS of these scams online. NEVER send someone money for an online purchase!

00P0P_1zmS723eeOn_05X04y_600x450.jpg

Found this looking in Rubidan's area... is this the same listing?

For sure this one is a scam...

https://louisville.craigslist.org/snw/d/shelbyville-2006-honda-foreman-500cc/7188489432.html

Edited by oh400ex

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

That sounds like a good deal , send them some cash and wait on delivery , hope your buddy has patience , lots of it ---- $800 probably wouldn't even be enough to cover shipping ----  sounds like a scam 

Yep...he knew it was as soon as they said 'Its my mom's here's her email'....

Its not hard to spot. One's that have 4 ads with the same ATV in different orientations(Gleaned several pics from different ad and re-use them). 

Anyway, no one got scammed...just frustrating how many are on Craigslist.

• Like 1

I use to buy a lot of stuff off Craig's List , it is runt now days -----------  if you change cities and states , you will see the same ATVs  are for sale all over the country at a ridiculously price 

anytime you see an atv that has a gmail, or in the 800 dollar range on CL's ?..IT'S A SCAM !!!.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 87Iroc said:

SCAMMER !.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oh400ex said:

That's a scam.

The picture I posted was from CL and this SXS is listed at $1200.

There are TONS of these scams online. NEVER send someone money for an online purchase!

00P0P_1zmS723eeOn_05X04y_600x450.jpg

Found this looking in Rubidan's area... is this the same listing?

For sure this one is a scam...

https://louisville.craigslist.org/snw/d/shelbyville-2006-honda-foreman-500cc/7188489432.html

no price ?..scam !.

I still check CList just in case.  I found a good deal that was for real before I bought my Rubicon but it wasn't what I wanted.  I contacted the guy and thought about it pretty hard but then decided that if it wasn't what I wanted then I'd never be satisfied with it.  If it's on CList then I'm automatically suspicious.

36 minutes ago, RubiDan said:

I still check CList just in case.  I found a good deal that was for real before I bought my Rubicon but it wasn't what I wanted.  I contacted the guy and thought about it pretty hard but then decided that if it wasn't what I wanted then I'd never be satisfied with it.  If it's on CList then I'm automatically suspicious.

this is not true, i say this, cuz i sell on cl's all the time ( when my project is done ! ), and i never have any issues. there is tons of scammers on there for sure !!!. i buy from there alot as well as sell on there. if you know what your looking at ?, have a good idea what the price should be ?, then you can easily spot the real ad's, and fake ad's a mile away !. 

• Like 1

I have bought and sold on craigslist also and have mostly done good.  I've had a couple people tell me things about what I bought that weren't true but they weren't big ticket items.  I consider myself a flipper and mainly sell things that I don't want anymore but I always try to represent them as truthfully as I can.  I have bought things that were a lot cheaper than normal but that doesn't happen too often.  I bought a Leslie 145 speaker cabinet a couple weeks ago for $55 and I figure it's worth at least 10 times that much if the amp works properly.  I bought it as is.

I guess I'm not really suspicious of every listing but it pays to be cautious when dealing with somebody that you don't know.  There are lots of honest people but also lots of dishonest people. 

I have a craigslist search setting of 200 miles for ATVs and I went through them awhile ago and on a page of 120 I counted 59 that were scams.  I didn't even open them up to look at what they said.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RubiDan said:

I consider myself a flipper and mainly sell things that I don't want anymore but I always try to represent them as truthfully as I can. 

I don't guess it really matters and it's too late to edit my post so instead of "I consider" it should say "I don't consider myself a flipper."