hfd59

420 Crank no start

I have a 2012 420 that will crank but not start. All in one afternoon it started by stalling at an idle and would restart but hard to eventually a complete no start. Having read that fuel filters and pumps were common this is where I went first. My mistake for not taking the time to collect the correct testing equipment before replacing the fuel pump and filter with Honda parts and still won't start. Has compression, spark, fuel to the injector, fuel spraying from injector when tested out of the machine. Am I looking for a relay or something else that's causing this. Battery is fully charged and has had a tender sitting on it since this started. Any help would be great.  Thanks 

welcome to the forums. try spraying a few short burst of starting fluid into the throttle body, if it will not start by doing this ?, then you have other issues going on other than fuel delivery. also, please take a few mins to introduce yourself in the new member section, thanks !.

• Like 2

Yes fuel delivery doesn't seem to be the issue and it has spark and compression. Maybe a relay or ECU issue? 

Lots of electronic crap on these 420's.  The trick that @Melatv taught me to bypass all that crap is to run a jumper wire from battery + to the red wire on the coil.  That bypasses the fuel injection relay, the bank angle sensor, etc.  If it runs then, you know you have electrical/ sensor issues.  If it doesn't, you have fuel or compression issues.

• Like 1

Well despite the spark tester showing good spark, visual inspection of the plug grounded to frame sparking replacing the plug has corrected the problem. Thanks for the help 

• Like 3