LenN

04 TRX250 Recon Shifting issues

First gear has 3 lite pattern and will not change to neutral. Motor starts. Tranny is locked in forward position with wrench and will not return to show other gear settings.

Ordered a new angle sensor assy for starters,as that was suggested by a friend

is this a trx250te ?, or trx250tm ?, when posting , please post the full year, make, model.

• Like 1

thank you for the info. before you go buying parts for it ?, i would pull the transfer gear cover, and inspect the gears, bearings, and shift shaft right there, this could be more trouble than a bad angle sensor ?. these models are prone to doing damage behind the cover, DO NOT PULL THE SHIFT MOTOR APART WHILE TRYING TO GET THE COVER OFF !. it is a tight fit at the front, you will need to twist, turn, pull, all the above to get the shift motor out of the way because the frame makes it hard to have enough room to remove the motor.

Thank you for this info. I am not able, personally to get into this project due to thumb surgery. I do have a young mechanic that will give this a shot. This way we'll both be learning some valuable information, for down the road. This sounds like possibly an on going affair with my TRX250TE. Owned it for over 13-14 years.

Thankyou,shadetree for your assistance, LenN

27 minutes ago, LenN said:

Thank you for this info. I am not able, personally to get into this project due to thumb surgery. I do have a young mechanic that will give this a shot. This way we'll both be learning some valuable information, for down the road. This sounds like possibly an on going affair with my TRX250TE. Owned it for over 13-14 years.

Thankyou,shadetree for your assistance, LenN

your welcome, please keep this thread updated on what you find !.